Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 05:34 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,358,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS86 View Post
Thank you both for the great tips !
Call the Coral Gables Coldwell Banker Office - there are rental people in the office and they will help you get a place. renting in Miami is more competitive than anywhere in the U.S from what I've read and what my colleagues have discussed with me. You'll need someone on your side. They don't cost anything to use as they are paid by the landlord. Don't rent something privately in Miami, you're setting yourself up for scammers and weirdos .

Be prepared for 3 months paid up front and application/condo fees. Have your recent credit score/report handy as well as offer letter or pay stubs.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 06:26 AM

233 posts, read 230,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Scratch the Hammocks off your list immediately.

Nothing is an "easy" commute in Miami. But why commute at all when you can live basically across the street from Coral Gables and walk to all that the CBD has to offer?

https://www.zillow.com/b/milagro-miami-fl-5hDsHh/

Another close-in option would be to rent a "casita" from a homeowner in Coral Gate, Shenandoah, or Silver Bluff. These are usually stand-alone 1br/1ba structures with a full kitchen on the same property as a single-family house, but with a separate entrance. Some are these are legal, many are not (meaning the property is not zoned for multi-family.) Rents for these usually run from $1k-1.5k.
Good suggestion with the "casita" idea. There are also houses with attached garage that has been converted into efficiency units with a small kitchenette but fully functional bathroom.

https://www.apartments.com/studios-6...z2hwjtGsgi4o_B

Just to see if these options are still out there, sure enough I found at least two units within a close radius of Coral Gables in the $600 to $1000 range. These go very quickly so need to act fast.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:50 AM

25 posts, read 22,957 times
Thanks !

Old 07-11-2021, 11:18 AM

Any thoughts on the edgewater area? I have found some nice looking places online and looks like a 20 m commute with traffic to coral gables

Old 07-11-2021, 03:17 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,496,673 times
Quote:
Any thoughts on the edgewater area? I have found some nice looking places online and looks like a 20 m commute with traffic to coral gables
Change your departure time to 7:30am tomorrow and see how long the commute is. I'd guess a minimum of 40 minutes.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:32 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,358,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Change your departure time to 7:30am tomorrow and see how long the commute is. I'd guess a minimum of 40 minutes.
40 mins from Edgewater to Gables? No way. 25-30 max. Traffic is going the opposite direction (suburbs to the city, not vice versa in the morning). You can take some side streets too if there is an accident on the 836. Still get you there in 30 mins or less.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:53 PM

Is there any public transport that would be convenient between edgewater and coral gables ?

Old 07-11-2021, 09:48 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,024,203 times
Quote:
Is there any public transport that would be convenient between edgewater and coral gables ?
It depends what you mean by convenient. It also depends on what you mean by Coral Gables. Or rather exactly to where in Coral Gables you're wanting to get. If it's the "downtown" or CBD of Coral Gables, then the absolute cheapest public transport would be for you to take the Biscayne route of the City of Miami Trolley to the Brickell Metrorail Station and then hop on the Coral Way route of the Trolley which will take you to Ponce De Lean Blvd & Miracle Mile (among other stops in Coral Gables). The Trolley runs all day and is free.

https://www.miamigov.com/files/asset...ey_map-508.pdf

https://www.miamigov.com/files/asset...ley_map508.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami