Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:43 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times

Advertisements

Sweetwater ancestry... (>2% of European descent) Black percentage is listed at 1%, while origins of European descent are unmentioned. Gotta be the most non-diverse suburb of any major U.S. city.

You'd think that because Americans have such big hearts - allowing all these poor people to start new lives in our country - they would show their appreciation in some way... Like making the few Americans who are unlucky enough to have to work there feel welcome. No, it's "hola, hola, hola." A drive through Sweetwater leaves one thinking they were just driving through Managua, or San Jose, Costa Rica. Hell, even the welcome sign as you enter the city is in Spanish!

If Sweetwater is just a rotten apple on Miami's map, then why is the city's (and South Florida's) largest public university (FIU) located in the middle of this dump? Maybe the Sweetwater "immigrant ideology, culture, and pro-Hispanic cultural agenda" is more widespread than people want to admit, being that FIU is located in the middle of this mayhem.Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Westchester ancestry of non-Hispanic descent... 1% French, 1% Irish, 1% German, 1 % English, 1% Italian, 1% Spanish, 1% Russian... What great diversity!!!
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2009 at 04:46 AM..

Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
And both areas are massively overpriced. FIU is there because they got part of the old Tamiami airport to build on. The easy way to tell which area is the most hispanic is to look for the fewest trees and iron bars. It's funny how you get northeast prices for third world elegance.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM

433 posts, read 953,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
And both areas are massively overpriced. FIU is there because they got part of the old Tamiami airport to build on. The easy way to tell which area is the most hispanic is to look for the fewest trees and iron bars. It's funny how you get northeast prices for third world elegance.
So, is New York city a truely american city? or is it replete with hispanics?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:25 AM

197 posts, read 265,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
So, is New York city a truely american city? or is it replete with hispanics?
So, what if it is full of hispanics? that may be a blessing, hispanics are the only major group of people in the United States (anglos, african american,hispanics) with decreasing poverty levels, everywhere you see the vibrance, beauty, and pride of our hispanic ancestry, I think that's much nicer than decadent, illiterate, and smelly people, you know what I mean..

Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 AM

433 posts, read 953,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
So, what if it is full of hispanics? that may be a blessing, hispanics are the only major group of people in the United States (anglos, african american,hispanics) with decreasing poverty levels, everywhere you see the vibrance, beauty, and pride of our hispanic ancestry, I think that's much nicer than decadent, illiterate, and smelly people, you know what I mean..
Take it easy, Im sure tallrick got my sarcasm

Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
[quote=cuba libre;7061849]Sweetwater ancestry... (>2% of European descent) Black percentage is listed at 1%, while origins of European descent are unmentioned. Gotta be the most non-diverse suburb of any major U.S. city.

You'd think that because Americans have such big hearts - allowing all these poor people to start new lives in our country - they would show their appreciation in some way... Like making the few Americans who are unlucky enough to have to work there feel welcome. No, it's "hola, hola, hola." A drive through Sweetwater leaves one thinking they were just driving through Managua, or San Jose, Costa Rica. Hell, even the welcome sign as you enter the city is in Spanish!

If Sweetwater is just a rotten apple on Miami's map, then why is the city's (and South Florida's) largest public university (FIU) located in the middle of this dump? Maybe the Sweetwater "immigrant ideology, culture, and pro-Hispanic cultural agenda" is more widespread than people want to admit, being that FIU is located in the middle of this mayhem.

Westchester ancestry of non-Hispanic descent... 1% French, 1% Irish, 1% German, 1 % English, 1% Italian, 1% Spanish, 1% Russian... What great diversity!!!

Strike three, you are called out and are being reported to the moderators for breaching the terms of service. I'm onto you, "big mean bear" (your old screen name before you were banned)

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2009 at 04:46 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 03:48 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,935 times
Yeah. Miami is bull**** anyway. Miami has no diversity, its just a playground for hispanics.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 AM

102 posts, read 423,101 times
y'all are crazy! miami is not a wonderful paradise, but geez... I wonder if some of you are my neighbors... *shudder*

Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 AM

145 posts, read 302,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishAmerican View Post
Yeah. Miami is bull**** anyway. Miami has no diversity, its just a playground for hispanics.
I just don't get how "diversity" has been lifted to god-like status.

Anyways, Miami is a perfectly nice place to live, if you like it. If you don't, it is a big country. I'm white as snow and enjoy it. I also enjoyed living in my white as snow hometown in Canada. Things are what they are.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:41 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
12 years living in miami, and the only fun things to do is go clubbing and the beach.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami