Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM

43 posts, read 215,530 times

Advertisements

My assumption??? I posted an article straight from the news, how is that an assumption? Doesnt is say "Miami ranks first?"

Which city has a higher number than Miami? I'd love to see it!

Article later reads... "Indeed Miami-Dade is the hit-and-run capital of the Southeast. Last year the county saw 46 such fatalities, almost one per week."

^^^Almost one hit and run fatality per week? Are you freaking kidding me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianM09 View Post
Fulton County population - 816,006

Miami Dade County population - 2,387,170

Still pretty self explanitory. And again per capita figures then center on the city of Miami not the county, comparing a city of 400K to cities of millions meaning all tose other cities most definately have much higher statistics.

You make some pretty big assumptions on your last note, and I don't take assumptions well, I think they're stupid, so I'll just leave it at that.
Why are you still hung up on Fulton Co.? How about the fact that Miami has more hit and runs than NY, Dallas, LA, and Phoenix.? I guess Miami has more people than LA too, so those stats should be thrown out?

Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 PM

99 posts, read 425,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywall mud View Post
My assumption??? I posted an article straight from the news, how is that an assumption? Doesnt is say "Miami ranks first?"

Which city has a higher number than Miami? I'd love to see it!
I said in your last note reffering to your last paragraph!!
Where you assumed many things about me and continued progress or the lack of it on many occassions. Your bit about the article I already addressed.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Why are you still hung up on Fulton Co.? How about the fact that Miami has more hit and runs than NY, Dallas, LA, and Phoenix.? I guess Miami has more people than LA too, so those stats should be thrown out?
You seem to be not able to comprehend completely what I am telling you. Read it over again, you'll hopefully get it eventually.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,923 times
Metro Atlanta - 5,278,904

Dade County - 2,387,170

Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Article later reads... "Indeed Miami-Dade is the hit-and-run capital of the Southeast. Last year the county saw 46 such fatalities, almost one per week."

^^^Almost one hit and run fatality per week? Are you freaking kidding me?

Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,174 times
I will defend Miami to the hilt on many, many issues, but hit-and-run drivers are a serious problem here. I haven't seen it anywhere else to the degree I have here.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianM09 View Post
You seem to be not able to comprehend completely what I am telling you. Read it over again, you'll hopefully get it eventually.

^^^Sounds like someone who doesnt want to admit the problem, and doesnt know what else to say.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Metro Atlanta - 5,278,904

Dade County - 2,387,170
Why are they comparing one whole metro (Atlanta) to one county (Dade)? Makes no sense. I have only read th exerts the fella has quoted but are they talkig about the city of Atlanta, the county of Fulton, or the whole metro, same thing with the Miami figures which seem to be all over the place.

Then in the per capita figures they put puny Miami up against the largest cities in the country. If you understood what per capita is you would understand that is highly skewed.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
^^^Sounds like someone who doesnt want to admit the problem, and doesnt know what else to say.
No seriously, you have not understood what I have tried to explain to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami