Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 AM

261 posts, read 704,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud cuban View Post
every body treats me nice and speaks spanist to me. you are wrong, Moderator cut: comment not allowed, spanish people are not delinquents and are PROUD with their culture and education and treat kids with love and respect not like retirement investing
That doesn't make a lot of sense...

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-01-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,386,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Interestingly enough, at Best Buys everyone speaks English because the workforce is so young. You can even see the dismay in these kids' faces when people of their parents' age Moderator cut: Flaming come into the store and ask for help in Spanish because of their inability to speak English.
This is actually very true. One of my good friends worked at Best Buy--he's Hispanic and knows Spanish (although doesn't speak it fluently) but doesn't really like to speak it. He actually pretended not to speak Spanish for awhile...though the problem was more Brazilians who seemed annoyed that he didn't know Portuguese.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud cuban View Post
people who cant hear spanish or criolle need to emigrate miami. leave. period. end of the estory. no one is making them learn espanish, especially when they cant speak the language thei mother tougtht them
Were you even born in the US? You have no right to tell people they need to leave a place within their own country because they only speak the primary language of their own country.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM

156 posts, read 252,594 times
The primary language in Dade is SPANISH.

Living in a place where you don't speak/understand the language of the immense majority of the population is nonsensical unless 1) You're a tourist 2) You're filthy rich and you don't need to work 3) You are a TOP qualified professional required by your expertise.

Moderator cut: Hate Speech Not Allowed

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-01-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
The primary language in Dade is SPANISH.

Living in a place where you don't speak/understand the language of the immense majority of the population is nonsensical unless 1) You're a tourist 2) You're filthy rich and you don't need to work 3) You are a TOP qualified professional required by your expertise.

Moderator cut: Hate Speech Not Allowed
I know several people who don't speak Spanish, are fine in their professional careers, and are none of the above.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Yes, certainly.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,611,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
I know several people who don't speak Spanish, are fine in their professional careers, and are none of the above.
Yea, there are probably several of those people in Miami...

Old 10-02-2009, 12:43 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,951 times
I think people seem to have things a little bit backwards, more English speakers need to COME to Miami, not leave it. That way we can dilute (sp?) out all the people who refuse to speak the official language of the country. Makes most sense to me.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
I think people seem to have things a little bit backwards, more English speakers need to COME to Miami, not leave it. That way we can dilute (sp?) out all the people who refuse to speak the official language of the country. Makes most sense to me.
-----

Yes, you are right. They should be fined for not speaking English.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
-----

Yes, you are right. They should be fined for not speaking English.
No, just fired from customer service, retail, general labor and any other working man's jobs, unless they speak English as the primary language. MAYBE make an exception if we are talking about like Telemundo or some other Latin American company.

I don't get why you would want to speak Spanish over English anyways if you have fluency in the two. I'm half Mexican, completely fluent in English and know a large amount of Spanish, my cousin, is fully fluent in both. We both agree that Spanish is just obsolete when compared to English. It's exhausting to speak it. You have to move your mouth so much and spit out twice the amount of syllables and five times the amount of words to say something that in English would only take like two or three words. Not mention you have to add in sometimes stupid redundant words like la, le, lo, etc. even when there is an object in the phrase that serve no purpose in the meaning of your sentence except to make it redundant Moderator cut: English Only Sorry, just a Spanish pet peeve, but it's annoying, and makes no sense why someone would choose to speak Spanish over English, if you knew both. It seems obsolete. Every other hispanic american here in Chicago seems to agree too.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-03-2009 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami