Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Milwaukee A Dangerous City?
No/Nie 92 67.15%
Yes/Tak 45 32.85%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 PM

28 posts, read 26,150 times

Advertisements

Crime and mischief in Milwaukee is very concentrated most years, since it is so segregated like Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 AM

41 posts, read 58,514 times
Milwaukee is not as crime ridden as it was even 5 years ago. It's very hodge podge as far as dicey areas. You can go from dirt poor neighborhood to very upscale in a matter of seconds and then right back into ghetto. The Washington Highlands for instance is a very upscale neighborhood on the east end of Tosa. But cross North Ave and bam...back you're in the hood. There are pockets of crime all over the city, but overall Milwaukee has plenty of nice neighborhoods where you can feel safe. Oddly enough my coworker lives in the heart of a very poor area, and he says it's usually quiet and rarely hears of much crime other than car break-ins. The police are doing a much better job these days.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 11,879 times
Crime in Milwaukee has really gone down since they hired that Irish guy who's bangin' the reporter. I've never felt unsafe visiting Milwaukee unless you get off the beaten path on the North side. People think the south side is unsafe because it's Latinos. I don't think people know about some of the nice quiet neighborhoods located on Milwaukee's south side.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:26 AM

402 posts, read 977,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Wamps View Post
Crime in Milwaukee has really gone down since they hired that Irish guy who's bangin' the reporter.
This made me laugh outloud. Thanks for a bright spot in my rainy morning.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM

8,290 posts, read 23,122,463 times
Quote:
Crime in Milwaukee has really gone down since they hired that Irish guy who's bangin' the reporter.
Lmao!!!!!

I agree!

Quote:
People think the south side is unsafe because it's Latinos.
I also agree with this statement. The south side is not even close to the north side in terms of crime. I often listen to my police scanner and you often hear silence on all the south side channels. No the same on the north side when it comes to types and number of calls for police. Since reading the police reports and listening to my police scanner I have come to realize that the south side is all bark and no bite. 90% of calls for police on the south side seem to be for domestic disturbances. South side gangs tend attack other gang members and on the north side you have more innocent victims of crime. I personally don't worry about driving through the south side and since growing up there I feel comfortable there however I am more aware of my surroundings than say when I am in Walker's Point. The south side looks worse than it really is.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 AM

8 posts, read 11,879 times
Milwaukee City,
I'm glad you,um, enjoyed the joke... .and agreed with my observation of your quaint little hamlet. I have a question for you though Milwaukee City. Looking at your previous posts, just glancing over the many pages......most often you only laugh at the jokes by, defend the arguments of, or agree with the points made by posters from Chicago. It's uncanny. Maybe even a little suspicious. I mean it's nice that you have such respect for us flatlanders don't get me wrong but its a little bit creepy how you overdo it ya know? I mean just in the few pages I scanned you must have announced that you plan on moving to Chicago over 20 times, and in another 50 or more posts you seem to have a habit of slighting your hometown Milwaukee in favor of Chicago or obsessively comparing the two places....and why the one-man-campaign to include Milwaukee in the Chicago MSA? Just a bit out of character for a real cheesehead, who usually have so much pride it's ridiculous. You seem like more of a Chicagoland brown-noser than a real Wisconsinite. Sure you knocked the Cubs a couple times, and who could blame ya, but all in all, your cards are showin' guy

I guess what I mean is.... why do you claim to be from Milwaukee the city if the only part of you that's there is your address?

Last edited by Chicago Wamps; 11-26-2009 at 12:55 AM..

Old 11-26-2009, 02:48 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Milwaukee City,
I'm glad you,um, enjoyed the joke... .and agreed with my observation of your quaint little hamlet. I have a question for you though Milwaukee City. Looking at your previous posts, just glancing over the many pages......most often you only laugh at the jokes by, defend the arguments of, or agree with the points made by posters from Chicago. It's uncanny. Maybe even a little suspicious. I mean it's nice that you have such respect for us flatlanders don't get me wrong but its a little bit creepy how you overdo it ya know? I mean just in the few pages I scanned you must have announced that you plan on moving to Chicago over 20 times, and in another 50 or more posts you seem to have a habit of slighting your hometown Milwaukee in favor of Chicago or obsessively comparing the two places....and why the one-man-campaign to include Milwaukee in the Chicago MSA? Just a bit out of character for a real cheesehead, who usually have so much pride it's ridiculous. You seem like more of a Chicagoland brown-noser than a real Wisconsinite. Sure you knocked the Cubs a couple times, and who could blame ya, but all in all, your cards are showin' guy

I guess what I mean is.... why do you claim to be from Milwaukee the city if the only part of you that's there is your address?
It's nice that you took the time to look through all his posts and that you would take that time, but it's a little creepy, ya know? And how you troll in a lot of your posts, that too. Your cards are showing guy.

People from Milwaukee and Chicago get along just fine. Having the two metros connect would only boost both cities. But let's stay on topic, shall we?

Last edited by thePR; 11-26-2009 at 03:02 AM..

Old 11-27-2009, 10:41 AM

12 posts, read 15,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It's nice that you took the time to look through all his posts and that you would take that time, but it's a little creepy, ya know? And how you troll in a lot of your posts, that too. Your cards are showing guy.

People from Milwaukee and Chicago get along just fine. Having the two metros connect would only boost both cities. But let's stay on topic, shall we?

Well, now we know the PR and Milwaukee City are the same guy!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:06 AM

8,290 posts, read 23,122,463 times
LOL... It's amazing how people take a compliment towards one city and also equate that to a rip on the other city they are comparing. I live in Walker's Point the 900 blk of south 2nd street and I love Milwaukee and have a ton of Milwaukee pride and I love Chicago and I would love to live in Chicago. I don't think I have ever slighted Milwaukee and if you ask anyone I'm prolly the biggest Milwaukee Homer on these boards. Can't I love two cities at the same time even if they are rivals?

I don't consider my self a cheese head and I do this by telling myself that Milwaukee was a city before Wisconsin was a state. I have city pride and really have no uase for the rest of Wisconsin since I do not hunt or fish or hike.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:21 PM

12 posts, read 15,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
LOL... It's amazing how people take a compliment towards one city and also equate that to a rip on the other city they are comparing. I live in Walker's Point the 900 blk of south 2nd street and I love Milwaukee and have a ton of Milwaukee pride and I love Chicago and I would love to live in Chicago. I don't think I have ever slighted Milwaukee and if you ask anyone I'm prolly the biggest Milwaukee Homer on these boards. Can't I love two cities at the same time even if they are rivals?

I don't consider my self a cheese head and I do this by telling myself that Milwaukee was a city before Wisconsin was a state. I have city pride and really have no uase for the rest of Wisconsin since I do not hunt or fish or hike.

That's gay. On the list of Milwaukee homers, you are prolly 524,378th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee