Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,655,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
How is it lacking?
If you ever get a chance to visit the VIP level at the new Twins / Target Field, you'll see where they want to go with a new football venue. Those suites are triple deluxe! The high and mighty have a mighty fine set of digs - and you the taxpayers are going to be paying for it - for years! Thanks, plebes...

Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
In the middle of a blizzard that had already shut down the town? I'd guess not much - only the real hardcore Vikings fans would be there, and some small inconvenience like the roof caving in would be something to tell the kids. From the photos I see in post #44, the roof never made contact with any of the seats, so nobody would have been hurt from the roof collapse.

BTW, how many people died in traffic accidents (http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=829945 - broken link) in the past few days?
The blizzard was over. The snow completely stopped early Saturday night. The area was back running on Sunday.

Bet you wouldn't be feeling to secure with those huge speaker banks dangling over your head. Then you try to evacuate and get to witness the trampling and chaos in the sub-standard concourses.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,134,112 times
Quote:
yea, if the field is frozen the players will hold back.
If you ever played football you would know that you hit and get hit harder when it is not freezing outside.
Tell that to the Patriots.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
The area was back running on Sunday.
Do you even live in this city? Did you drive around here on Sunday? On Monday, the schools are still closed, because the school buses couldn't get through.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
If you ever get a chance to visit the VIP level at the new Twins / Target Field, you'll see where they want to go with a new football venue. Those suites are triple deluxe! The high and mighty have a mighty fine set of digs - and you the taxpayers are going to be paying for it - for years! Thanks, plebes...
Don't like it, don't go, I plan on getting my massive $20/year contribution out of it however. But I will think of the rest of you (not) while I'm knocking back a cold one and give thanks that we had a handful of County Commissioners that got the Twins Stadium built in spite of the no-fun Chicken Littles that seem to put up a squawk whenever their own special interests like light-rail and inefficient school districts aren't being discussed.

We have a pool, we have a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
That's funny. Reminds me of Ford Motor Company continuing to build Pinto automobiles with exploding rear gas tanks - because it was cheaper to pay the lawsuits than re-engineer the car.

He's grasping at straws now. I suspect Timmy is on the NewStadium payroll. Maybe if he talks us into it, they'll buy him a spell checker.
LOL, pot-kettle dude

Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
The real "problem" with the Metrodome is that the Vikings/NFL can't make as much money as they want. The building will be back to 100% functionality once the roof is repaired. The fact that they aren't getting as rich as they feel they deserve is their problem, not mine (or Minnesota's).

Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 AM

Bingo.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The real "problem" with the Metrodome is that the Vikings/NFL can't make as much money as they want. The building will be back to 100% functionality once the roof is repaired. The fact that they aren't getting as rich as they feel they deserve is their problem, not mine (or Minnesota's).
It's Minnesota's problem when we don't accomodate this concern and they pack their bags and leave for Los Angeles as the state will be without an NFL team. Whether or not you care, many Minnesotans (including myself) do.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Whether or not you care, many Minnesotans (including myself) do.
Here I'll put on my "smaller gov't" hat: the most effective solution is a private solution: the Vikes can increase corporate sponsorship and raise ticket prices to cover the costs of a new stadium. That way, the people that want to participate can do so. Those of us who don't need 'em, won't have to carry the load.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul