Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:46 AM

28 posts, read 63,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain of Lakes View Post
What exactly does this mean?

Please be specific as "my paycheck was cut by a third" doesn't add up. Taxes were not raised by anywhere close to that......plus it was a state tax increase with a top rate of 9.85%. I'm not sure how one could have their paycheck cut by a third on a 9.85% rate (please note that $150,000 is the cut-off for this rate for single filers......it's $250,000 for joint filers).

Are you now paying child support, or have some other circumstances? I think they take that directly out of your check.

If not, you really should talk to your CPA, because something seems amiss.
Thank you Chain, for this very sound advice, very helpful. I will be looking into this as you mentioned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 AM

324 posts, read 877,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaukne View Post
I really wouldn’t want to be black here, man, dating would suck.
I have read the opposite to be true.
Middle class black men do extremely well with women.

Can any middle class black men talk about their experiences in Minneapolis ?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 PM

416 posts, read 560,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I have read the opposite to be true.
Middle class black men do extremely well with women.

Can any middle class black men talk about their experiences in Minneapolis ?
I did find dating kind of tough when I lived there but part of that was baggage I brought to the table. If you're hung up about race (or anything) it's going to be harder to meet people in a city that is known for being reserved. In retrospect I dated a lot of awesome ladies (of different races) and missed some great opportunities. Last time I checked sites like Match, etc. (long time ago, in a relationship now) there was a huge increase in available single women in Mpls. So I'm sure the situation has improved in that sense as well.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM

43 posts, read 89,132 times
As a professional black man who has lived in Minneapolis for nearly 10 years, and now live in Austin, TX area for the past 4.5 years, I have a lot of dating experience in Minneapolis. The person who thinks it would be bad to be a black man in Minneapolis trying to date must have been living under a rock. I've dated countless of women there, mostly white, but some asian and hispanic as well. If your the gangsta type black dude, with no good job, criminal history and shady friends you be hanging out with, then yeah it would be tough dating out your race. But a professional handsome black man, with a great job, nice place, own car, little to no baggage, take your pick because the women will flock, I know first hand, and A LOT were Minneapolis white girls, even the ones from Edina and Lake Minnetonka. I put no restrictions on race when I dated there, but white women, asian, hispanic in that order seem to be who were attracted to me the most. A professional black man who has his stuff together is in high demand among women in Minneapolis, plain and simple, because, unfortunately there is not a lot of us in the minneapolis area.

Austin, TX is the same way, but it seems there are more single women in Minneapolis than Austin.

Last edited by RTDatx; 07-15-2013 at 03:23 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
I think it always helps to dress well and project class. But a lot of guys are unwilling to make an effort.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
you think the weather will be any better in seattle? ive met a lot of people that use to live in seattle they moved out and all said it was depressing, rain, gray skies, it has the fewest sunny days in all of the country, and a high alcoholic/suicide problem. id prefer the weather in the twinkies over seattle but thats just me. if you dont do outside things during winter then obviously you will not like staying inside all the time and complain about the weather.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I think it always helps to dress well and project class. But a lot of guys are unwilling to make an effort.
so a guy cant be classy if he isnt wearing the "proper" clothing?

or a guy is considered to be classy because of the clothes he wears?

either way it doesnt sound very good

Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
What are you imagining? A guy with his boxer shorts on full display but still "classy"? Sorry, that vision just doesnt come together in my imagination.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM

74 posts, read 119,262 times
Like it or not, the way you dress is your first impression on everybody you meet. If you dress classy, you will appear to others as classy. If you dress like a thug, you will appear to others as a thug. Same goes for hippy, cowboy, sporty.....etc. You should dress the way you want to be perceived and of course the way you feel most comfortable. Strangers have nothing else to go by.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 PM

324 posts, read 877,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTDatx View Post
A professional black man who has his stuff together is in high demand among women in Minneapolis, plain and simple, because, unfortunately there is not a lot of us in the minneapolis area.
This seems more in line with what I have read on other forums.
It also falls in line with the responses I received in this thread.

Minneapolis and the single man

Factors that are appealing to me about Minneapolis:
  • Bike friendly
  • Fittest city in America
  • Great city for single professional guys
  • Lakes & Trees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul