Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,531,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Sorry folks. Whatever the "job growth" in Washington, their unemployment is still much higher than Minnesota. 6.8 percent in Washington, 5.3 percent in Minnesota. If "no income tax" is the answer, seems like Washington state should consider getting one. But, of course, we know that is a dumb equation. Despite what business says in Minnesota, there is no equation between income tax and jobs. Never has been.
The higher UI rate in WA, since, due to a lot of counties, particularly on the SW coast, having UI rates of 10% or higher. MN might not have any county over 10% right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
The higher UI rate in WA, since, due to a lot of counties, particularly on the SW coast, having UI rates of 10% or higher. MN might not have any county over 10% right now.
Exactly. Washington state also has many remote rural counties with few jobs (coastal and agrarian counties). Also, rural eastern Washington is mostly a lower wage economy with only one city of any size, Spokane.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaukne View Post

Worst #3: Limited diversity. Yes, we do have a big Somali population. Yes, we do have a Hmong population. Yes Lake Street is like little Veracruz. But I can count on my hand the number of black people I see at Stella’s on a summer night and its usually only one hand if that. It’s not as white as Fargo but its pretty close. Races here don’t mix. My dad’s neighbors hook us up with Mexican BBQ in Houston, but they don’t seem to mix much. And I really wouldn’t want to be black here, man, dating would suck if you are trying to get a white girl from Edina or Minnetonka.
LMFAO. You been living in the same Minneapolis/St. Paul as me? I think you may have been hallucinating during your 5 year tenure here if this is one of the perceptions you walk away with.

It's true that MN is 85% "white" (Anglo, Caucasian, European-America n - whatever term(s) you prefer), but saying that Minneapolis/St. Paul isn't diverse or that black guys can't get a date (with white women) is so outlandish it's funny to me. In fact I see just as many BM/WF couples as I do BM/BF relationships, if not more. I've also been told by blacks from all over the country and from a number of countries on the African continent tell me that MSP is by far more "progressive" and diverse than many of the places they come from.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:44 AM

121 posts, read 342,351 times
If you want sunny weather during winter, move to Colorado. People who live at higher elevations are generally healthier anyway.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:54 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialta View Post
If you want sunny weather during winter, move to Colorado. People who live at higher elevations are generally healthier anyway.
And you can get stoned legally there now as well.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialta View Post
which also means more weathered skin. Can't have it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul