Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 07:03 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I couldn’t care less about Ilhan Omar’s instagram account nor about her getting married. I care far more that the Dow Jones lost 2300 points yesterday. I care far more about the possibility that my family will need to cancel upcoming travel plans.
Your circumstances are unfortunate. I note that while you profess to not care about this issue, you have taken the time to post here twice.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Your circumstances are unfortunate. I note that while you profess to not care about this issue, you have taken the time to post here twice.
Only to point out how odd it is that this is what’s on your mind meanwhile the friggin’ sky is falling.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Only to point out how odd it is that this is what’s on your mind meanwhile the friggin’ sky is falling.
And you were so concerned about the “friggin’ sky... falling” yesterday that you posted on this on NAFTA thread eight times. Spare us the fake hand wringing.

Quote:
If you wouldn’t mind pointing out the specific provision of NAFTA that involved that which you are describing I think it would be helpful to the discussion.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
And you were so concerned about the “friggin’ sky... falling” yesterday that you posted on this on NAFTA thread eight times. Spare us the fake hand wringing.
Yeah well let’s just say that I’m much more willing to talk NAFTA and trade policy than a politician’s marriage life and social media activity. If that makes me a bad person then for that I’m sorry.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Yeah well let’s just say that I’m much more willing to talk NAFTA and trade policy than a politician’s marriage life and social media activity. If that makes me a bad person then for that I’m sorry.
I posted nothing about her “marriage life and social media activity.” I posted about documented instances of ethical and legal violations but you chose to take the time to try to deflect that valid criticism.

First, you protest that the current situation is much too dire to do anything other than fret about the “friggin’ sky falling.” When your hypocrisy on this is pointed out, you instead express you willingness to discuss a different subject, as if your preferences for discussion should govern what everyone else does.

Why don’t just be honest and say that you don’t care if she has ethical and legal problems so long as she furthers your political agenda? I would respect that more than all this fake BS you’ve been throwing out here.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I posted nothing about her “marriage life and social media activity.” I posted about documented instances of ethical and legal violations but you chose to take the time to try to deflect that valid criticism.

First, you protest that the current situation is much too dire to do anything other than fret about the “friggin’ sky falling.” When your hypocrisy on this is pointed out, you instead express you willingness to discuss a different subject, as if your preferences for discussion should govern what everyone else does.

Why don’t just be honest and say that you don’t care if she has ethical and legal problems so long as she furthers your political agenda? I would respect that more than all this fake BS you’ve been throwing out here.
If she does have these issues than the Ethics committee and immigration enforcement should be holding her accountable. I can’t figure out how she is so cunning that she can break rules and laws left and right and get away with it unscathed while other politicians seem far less immune to accountability (Chris Collins R-NY, Duncan Hunter R-CA, Pat Meehan R-PA, John Conyers D-MI, etc.). It’s a conspiracy I tell ya!

Old 03-13-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
If she does have these issues than the Ethics committee and immigration enforcement should be holding her accountable. I can’t figure out how she is so cunning that she can break rules and laws left and right and get away with it unscathed while other politicians seem far less immune to accountability (Chris Collins R-NY, Duncan Hunter R-CA, Pat Meehan R-PA, John Conyers D-MI, etc.). It’s a conspiracy I tell ya!
If you go back and actually read the links that I put I the original post, you will find that she has twice been found to have committed ethical and campaign finance violations by the state board. As a result, she has been forced to reimburse her campaign for improper expenditures, return speaking fees, and has been fined. She is currently being investigated by the Federal Elections Commission for federal campaign finance violations, the FBI for immigration fraud, and the Dept of Education for possible student loan fraud.

Ultimately, however, it is the voters who must hold her accountable by refusing to return her to office. It seems that the Democratic Party is working to replace her. A recent fundraising email from Omar’s campaign complains that the DCCC has been working with a challenger for her seat. It has been reported that the party’s favorite is Antone Melton-Meaux, who has released the following statement. (In it, he discloses an update on the amount paid to Mynett’s consulting firm by the Omar campaign. That amount now stands at $586,000.)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301022653.html

Last edited by Glenfield; 03-13-2020 at 12:10 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
If you go back and actually read the links that I put I the original post, you will find that she has twice been found to have committed ethical and campaign finance violations by the state board. As a result, she has been forced to reimburse her campaign for improper expenditures, return speaking fees, and has been fined. She is currently being investigated by the Federal Elections Commission for federal campaign finance violations, the FBI for immigration fraud, and the Dept of Education for possible student loan fraud.

Ultimately, however, it is the voters who must hold her accountable by refusing to return her to office. It seems that the Democratic Party is working to replace her. A recent fundraising email from Omar’s campaign complains that the DCCC has been working with a challenger for her seat. It has been reported that the party’s favorite is Antone Melton-Meaux, who has raised the following statement. (In it, he discloses an update on the amount paid to Mynett’s consulting firm by the Omar campaign. That amount now stands at $586,000.)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301022653.html
Good. I eagerly await the results of said ongoing investigations. Also I’m glad you agree that her marriage announcement on Instagram is completely immaterial to any of this.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:01 PM

The inherent dishonestly of Ilhan Omar is receiving more attention. The quote from the Humphrey School professor is telling since the Humphrey School is well known as a as being sympathetic to Democratic Party interests.

Quote:
Filings with the Federal Election Commission show Omar’s campaign paid Tim Mynett or his firm nearly $600,000 since July 2018. Though it may raise eyebrows, family members, including spouses, can be on the campaign payroll as long as the family member provides services at a fair market value.

Larry Jacobs, a politics professor at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public Affairs, said the work needs to be reasonable and there has to be actual work being done.

Jacobs said constituents may question the way Omar handled the situation.

“Remember the story began with her denying a relationship, and now she’s marrying that person,” Jacobs said. “I think there are legitimate questions that constituents might ask about whether Congresswoman Omar has been fully truthful in her discussion of this relationship, and the nature of her marriage to a previous husband,” whom Omar divorced last fall.
https://apnews.com/c1a31dbcc7adcf48667f799403873406

Old 03-13-2020, 12:26 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Somalis will vote for her- no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul