Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 06:33 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,359,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Yep.

Imagine if MN still had the demographics it had when my dad was,a kid, 1950s....PEACE...AND...QUIET.

A hockey-loving state, low crime, neighbors looking out for one another...family.

We would be dealing with literally 80% less crime than we have today.

And everyone knows it's true (and the elephant in the room is)
Hey - I left in ‘89. No excuses there.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:50 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
How about 3 strikes and lose your bennies?
That's a good idea! No more "Free Stuff" for the freeloaders who are also career criminals! But one of the problems is the Minnesota Freedom Fund keeps bailing out the criminals, from where they belong and should stay, in jail, so that they can continue their crimes and victimize more people. The Minnesota Freedom Fund doesn't care about the victims at all.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:53 AM

1,350 posts, read 884,069 times
Quote:
Yep.

Imagine if MN still had the demographics it had when my dad was,a kid, 1950s....PEACE...AND...QUIET.

A hockey-loving state, low crime, neighbors looking out for one another...family.

We would be dealing with literally 80% less crime than we have today.

And everyone knows it's true (and the elephant in the room is)
You're blaming everything on demographics, meanwhile MN is one of the whitest states in the country.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:03 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
You're blaming everything on demographics .

If the demographics mirrored the 1950s, it is a provable fact that the violent crime rate in this state would be far lower. Similarly, the rioting we saw last year ($1 billion+ in damages that we tax payers have to pay for) would not have occurred at all.

Moreover, I recently found out that 15% of the state uses up a massive 50% of all welfare resources, which is also problematic for a whole bunch of reasons.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:32 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Your list read like you were describing Minneapolis 2.0 so I took the liberty to move your post over to that particular thread.
I didnt put it there on purpose.
Cruz is trying to put on a brave face for Minneapolis, I am willing to give him some room on that, but I am wearing a sad face for my hometown. I have lost faith to be honest.

I hope Minneapolis prevails and gets past this, for all the residents who still have faith in the Mini-Apple.

Let me drop a little piece of my personal history with Minneapolis here that means something to me. I was an aspiring musician in my late teens to young adulthood. I played with the original band one night in the 80's from the video below , as well as jamming with Dez Dickerson (early Prince guitarist) in a pot smoke filled room in North Minneapolis on couple of occasions. Minneapolis had a great music scene in the 80's. I wasnt that good myself, but I was at least a part of it. I hung out with funk bands, metal bands (it was the 80's!) and tons of local bands of varied genres. Obsession, Rocking Horse, Paradox, the Flamin'Ohs, etc....I miss Minneapolis, its a mess now. How's the live music now?

KQRS was a local radio station that was closely connected to the local music scene back then, and played local bands a lot. (Its still around at 92.5, but a computer regurgitates the music now as "classic rock")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8T-vdNF0cs

Last edited by snebarekim; 04-14-2021 at 12:41 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I didnt put it there on purpose.
Cruz is trying to put on a brave face for Minneapolis, I am willing to give him some room on that, but I am wearing a sad face for my hometown. I have lost faith to be honest.

I hope Minneapolis prevails and gets past this, for all the residents who still have faith in the Mini-Apple.

Let me drop a little piece of my personal history with Minneapolis here that means something to me. I was an aspiring musician. I played with the original band one night in the 80's from the video below , as well as jamming with Dez Dickerson (early Prince guitarist) in a pot smoke filled room in North Minneapolis on couple of occasions. Minneapolis had a great music scene in the 80's. I wasnt that good myself, but I was at least a part of it. I hung out with funk bands, metal bands (it was the 80's!) and tons of local bands of varied genres. I miss Minneapolis, its a mess now.
]
I think it's a (somewhat) fair point to say that we are all just more aware of the heinous stuff going on in the TC because of all the media in front of us. I get that. In the '90s the murder rate was much higher than it's been in the last 20 years (with a million less people).

OTOH, there is just something off around here that I can't put my finger on.

There is something beneath the surface that just feels gross about living here in the Cities proper now.

I have seen SO MANY people flee the inner city here - many will buy a house, have their cars robbed a dozen times in a couple years and their home robbed, and even though they proclaim their wokeness, will prove how un-woke they are when they flee this diverse of all places in MN.

I have seen it a thousand times. Then they flee to the non-diverse suburbs and vote in the same quacks they voted in who have been destroying my city for 40 years now. It's maddening.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I think it's a (somewhat) fair point to say that we are all just more aware of the heinous stuff going on in the TC because of all the media in front of us. I get that. In the '90s the murder rate was much higher than it's been in the last 20 years (with a million less people).

OTOH, there is just something off around here that I can't put my finger on.

There is something beneath the surface that just feels gross about living here in the Cities proper now.

I have seen SO MANY people flee the inner city here - many will buy a house, have their cars robbed a dozen times in a couple years and their home robbed, and even though they proclaim their wokeness, will prove how un-woke they are when they flee this diverse of all places in MN.

I have seen it a thousand times. Then they flee to the non-diverse suburbs and vote in the same quacks they voted in who have been destroying my city for 40 years now. It's maddening.
Trust me on this.

It isnt about race at all.

It is about culture. That has changed. Race is irrelevant. A lot of those guys I jammed with? Black. We spoke a common language. Music.

Last edited by snebarekim; 04-14-2021 at 01:00 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Trust me on this.

It isnt about race at all.

It is about culture. That has changed. Race is irrelevant. A lot of those guys I jammed with? Black. We spoke a common language. Music.
I think race relations in MN were better back when I was growing up.

My point about the race thing is a lot of these people who move to the inner city and then flee are the same people that claim diversity is their god...but their actions contradict that. I see it all the time. It was just kind of an aside.

The majority of murders in MN are people of a certain race. Rape, robbery, assault as well. I believe the facts back that up.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:

The majority of murders in MN are people of a certain race. Rape, robbery, assault as well. I believe the facts back that up.
The facts do back it up.

But, you will find common factors in those criminals culture much more aligned with white criminals than you will find within racial commonalities.

Assessing bad behaviour to race is a sidebar argument. That is a fact.

Don't play the woketards game to their rules. Open your eyes.

They fixate on race. You should not.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:15 PM

4,868 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
I think race relations in MN were better back when I was growing up.

My point about the race thing is a lot of these people who move to the inner city and then flee are the same people that claim diversity is their god...but their actions contradict that. I see it all the time. It was just kind of an aside.

I think race relations were never better than at the end of the younger George Bush's presidency. The great "unifier" Barack Obama made EVERYTHING about race. Every single time something bad happened in this country, this moron prematurely bloated out backing it as a racial thing, and not what it really was, but a criminal act.

Unfortunately, for many reasons, when Trump became president it did not improve and NOW with the libs in total control ALL we get is the race card. All the crimes that blacks commit aren't their fault. They're just expressing their "feelings" about being being supposedly oppressed.

As mentioned, the majority of violent acts in the TC's is from one race. When are the good black people of which I'm still convinced are the MAJORITY, going to finally stand up, go to the voting booth, and vote in city leaders who believe in law and order? Because of the actions of the violent, but overpowering few (thanks to the fact that they know they'll get away with it thanks to the city leadership) this city is becoming a place no decent families want to visit nor even move to.

Some people like Cruz will make a statement as if they speak for the business leaders of the Twin Cities stating
"Well, if you feel that way, don't come". "No one will care". Fine and dandy. Take my feelings and multiply it in the thousands. Who in their right minds really wants to visit the cities now. The Twin Cities are losing MILLIONS in revenue because of how it's run. Throw in how the whole state and the Twin Cities have been mismanaged due to the pandemic as well and the dollars lost are astronomical.

I miss the old Twin Cities which I used to LOVE to visit. I wonder if they'll ever return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul