Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 08:04 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Don't forget, Ilhan Omar was reported as paying up to $200 per vote in her district; that may lead the nation in that category also.

Anecdotally, my brother and sister-in-law moved her invalid brother from a downtown apartment to the 'burbs to avoid her having to go downtown alone at night. They have spent the bulk of their lives in the Twin Cities area and so know what it used to be like. They also know a St. Paul cop who told them that things are worse than what the Democrat Propaganda Machine reports.

I check out @CrimeWatchMpls every day and there ARE carjackings EVERY day.

Here is what is posted today:
1) Myon Demarlo Burrell-Bell charged w/1st Degree Aggravated Robbery. Accused of stealing a truck & running over the victim in the process. Victim suffered a broken pelvis.

2) Carjacking of female at gunpoint by a group.
xx 3rd Precinct location.
White Jeep Liberty, plate BUH54*
Suspects: Older male and younger male.

The first step to solving problems is RECOGNIZING that there are problems. Walz keeps his head buried so he doesn't see any of it.
You should know where I stand on the issues by this point.

I have been inside the TC proper my entire life. I am fourth gen St. Paul and inherited my parents house, so just up and leaving is more complicated for me than others, without going too far into it. I also live in a moderately tolerable area of St. Paul, though I honestly hate being here on some day.s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 11:16 AM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
The pendulum has swung.

3 years ago it was a left wing echo chamber. But since all the events of the last year in minneapolis, seems a lot of the liberals have left the forum with their tail between their legs, and now conservatives are more predominant
So, by your logic, 3 years ago the conservatives left the forum with their tail between the legs or were afraid to join? So, in the future if the board shifts again that is because the conservatives left with their tails between their legs? I think it ebbs and flows. Why? it is not always completely clear, but some people will try to spin it based on their personal bias devoid of facts.

By my estimation, focused on the number of views in the Minneapolis city data forum, it appears about 100-200 people view this page a day (maybe bots too). Of those, maybe 1/2 don't even live here. So small shifts based on people moving, board fatigue, not wanting to talk politics, or other factors, can change the board makeup pretty easily.

There is another site/digital place that seems to reflect our populations political views more accurately, but I can mention it based on board rules

Old 04-24-2021, 01:44 PM

19 posts, read 15,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This past week at work (hospital) we were trying to get a stroke patient flown out for critical care and the family actually requested they not be transferred to any location in Minneapolis. They didn’t want to be there even knowing that’s where the top stroke centers in the state are located. The patient ended up going to St. Cloud instead.

If that doesn’t paint a vivid picture of what Minneapolis has devolved into I don’t know what does. How proud their citizens must be to know Minnesotans would rather take their chances elsewhere than have access to the best care available. Nope, not a tale conjured for the sake of political score, just straight up reality. This is a mere glimpse at the inevitable descension into the Detroit-like chasm so many have been alluding to in correlation with the sudden and terrible collapse of Minneapolis.

I suppose this would be my “instigative” contribution for the next few weeks. ;^D

Meh, country folks have always been scared of cities, nothing new there. Hopefully the patient makes it and denying him/her the best care out of stupidity doesn't end up costing his/her life.

Last edited by Motul86; 04-24-2021 at 01:56 PM..

Old 04-24-2021, 01:54 PM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul86 View Post
Meh, country folks have always been scared of cities, nothing new there. Hopefully the patient makes it and denying him/her the best care out of stupidity doesn't end up costing him his life.
In my opinion, humans are really bad a risk assessment, and Americans in particular. The odds of losing their life getting hospital care by being murdered by a stranger is many times less than going mask less to a bar or restaurant and dying from Covid. I would take the bet that the family has done the latter.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:18 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
In my opinion, humans are really bad a risk assessment, and Americans in particular. The odds of losing their life getting hospital care by being murdered by a stranger is many times less than going mask less to a bar or restaurant and dying from Covid. I would take the bet that the family has done the latter.
I completely agree that most humans are really bad at risk assessment. Never more apparent than during COVID.

You have people double masking toddlers and hating on healthy , youthful individual's who are outside with no mask acting like they are a huge risk to society. All the while, eating unhealthy foods themselves and ignoring the fact that they are much more likely to die via auto accident or heart disease then by being outside in the sun playing in the park. Just shows what fear can do to rational thinking.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:19 PM

588 posts, read 561,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul86 View Post
Meh, country folks have always been scared of cities, nothing new there. Hopefully the patient makes it and denying him/her the best care out of stupidity doesn't end up costing his/her life.
True. I would add suburbanites to that statement as well.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:30 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Are you done or should I close the thread?

Old 04-26-2021, 05:29 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Are you done or should I close the thread?
I would love to discuss construction and rebuilding projects taking place in the city right now but apparently the topic is off limits, which is ironic since this is a City Data Forum...

Old 04-28-2021, 04:46 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Only be sad that a bunch of trolls hijacked my thread.
No ****-- do moderators even exist on these forums anymore?

ETA: I just saw there was a mod *intervention* of sorts above. Wow.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:17 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I would love to discuss construction and rebuilding projects taking place in the city right now but apparently the topic is off limits, which is ironic since this is a City Data Forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
No ****-- do moderators even exist on these forums anymore?

ETA: I just saw there was a mod *intervention* of sorts above. Wow.

Then stop this bickering and personal attacks. Posts off topic has been deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul