Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,130 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone been busy spending time the family and my nephew! I have also added the young family to my prayer list. Her children look as young as mine. Im believing she will be healed. She has to be! Our God heals.
Things are going so great here that my nephew is looking for a way to delay his flight. He wants to stay! YEAH! I thought we would scare him away. lol! I see the ice storms in Mo on the news and wonder about his flight if he has to go this Sunday. He will land in St louis. Are the planes still landing?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:14 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Thanks jdslady! It is a blessing to have you here to "talk" to.

Update~ Kim went to Springfield yesterday to a neurologist... He said he thought they should operate soon, within the next 30-45 days on her now 9 cm "cyst". He recommended some surgeon in Australia, that is supposed to be the best in the world, in his opinion. He told her that after this type of surgery, it was very common to lose short term memory! She is 36 with 2 small kids and doesn't even want to consider that! There are new, less invasive procedures available, that we are hoping will be appropriate for her case. She has an appt. in St Louis at Washington University, next Friday, as well, so we will see what that one says.
http://bestsmileys.com/love1/8.gif (broken link)

Thanks again to all!
hoping for the very best for your friend Darlynn...so sad for such a young person to be going through this. Keep us up to date on how she is doing and we will definitely be keeping her in our prayers.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times
Red face I need to check this thread much more often!

I'm four days late at reading your 12/11 post, Darlynn! Please be assured that I will pray for a wonderful outcome to this difficult situation. I am three years older than Kim, which really puts things in perspective for me to say the least.

Psalm 136 tells us to "give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His mercy endures forever." I don't know what His will is for Kim and her family, but we have to keep praying to Jesus fervently. I will also ask for the intercession of St. Peregrine, who is the patron saint of cancer patients, as well.

Shadowcaver is right. As you know, I am over 2,000 miles away here in California, and we can give much thanks to the power of the Internet in enabling us to send and receive information nearly instantly. Darlynn, please know that I will check this thread as much on a daily basis as I can (I have no Christmas travel plans this year!), and know too that Kim and her family can count themselves very blessed to have you in their lives. As much as I am saddened at this initial diagnosis, I'm grateful, Darlynn, you are here to let us know of the need to pray and intercede on Kim's behalf.

A brief aside: My own wife is having surgery this Tuesday at 3:45 pm Central time to have her gallbladder removed. This should be a very easy, routine surgery for her, but neither she nor I have ever had an operation before, so there is a real fear of the unknown at work. I just share this with you--well your prayers for us too would be wonderful! --because I think the Lord is telling all of us to step up our prayers even more for Jay. He needs support, security, peace and comfort at this time as a husband and father of two.

As da jammer and others have said, please keep us updated, Darlynn! We have a growing army of intercessors behind them!

Old 12-15-2007, 04:12 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,550 times
Darlynn.... I am late to see that as well. What a happy looking family! Prayers sent their way.

You too nberic

Old 12-15-2007, 09:59 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Red face New custom user title.

OK...tell me what you all think about the new custom user title.
I haven't wanted to say "Real Estate Agent" because I just want to be one of the gang. But a lot of people don't know you can click on someone's screen name to find out more info about them...so I just thought I'd try putting it out there.

I feel like I'm coming out of the closet.

?
Or not ?

Old 12-15-2007, 10:26 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Well, let's see, It does sound rather Professional! Glad to see the GRI there. I have those cute little letters also, but NO ONE knows what the heck they mean
1. Great Realtor Idiot
2. Goldbricking Really Inaccurately
3. Graduate Really Inferior
4. Getting Revenue Injustly

There are more that I have hears over the years.

Sounds good to me LJ. Should help bring traffic your way. Good luck to you.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Hey now.

Thanks, NWV...I was pretty proud of the designation, even if nobody knows what it means. It means I'm still learning!

Several of the posters here have been unhappily surprised to find out I'm a realtor...like I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing! I have always had such great relationships with my real estate helpers in the past I was horrified to learn some of the tricky, insincere things some of them do, and how many people think badly of the profession. I'm just finishing my 3rd year in Real Estate, other than buying & selling as a joanne public.

And I try not to be TOO thin skinned about the shotgun blasting from the public!

I really want to know if it is better, on this forum, to have a more indistinct custom user title...or if people will be glad to know what I do to eek out a living.

Please. Honestly. I'm taking a poll.

Janet B.

Gladly Reading Ideas...

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 12-16-2007 at 08:34 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Janet - cheers to you! Funny how Nor'Woods descriptions are semi-accurate as to what I guess most of the 'public' considers of those hawking land and houses - and that is indeed unfortunate. As within EVERY profession, there be good and there be bad. Those that truly care about the customer, and then those that care just about their own income. I would only imagine that it would get tiring, no matter the amount of thick skin one may have... Just know that there are those of us out here that are thankful, quite much so, to those that spend their time, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help others sell and others buy various properties.

As to the title being by your name - IMHO, I've seen nothing but great/wonderful things from those in the real estate profession on this state's forum; CellarBelle, NWV, and yourself are the main ones that come to mind at the moment [sincere apologies for those not listed... trying to type fast so can go out an start shoveling the 12" of snow off my drive], and have not seen unnecessary hawking or such, just great help and friendliness in ALL of your posts. If anyone gives yas grief, let me know, and will arrange a one-way cave trip for 'em, 'k?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Shadow....no, no, no....please don't infect any caves with these grief giving types of folk!!! Instead, let us ignore them and their posts.

Janet, I am proud of my profession. Have been active for more than 20 years in this business. Sometimes a little part-time when certain factors required such. But have enjoyed what I do full time. From your posts, anyone can deduce the fact of your dedication to the NAR/MAR and local code of ethics and such. You are to be commended for your dedication and thoughtfulness.

GRI? You wear it proudly, my dear! And for any of those reading any of this...and have given the aforementioned grief...shame on you. Without Realtors and real estate agents, how many of you would have not been able to realize the conclusion of your dreams? Of course, as in ANY business, there are those that are self-serving and sadly, lacking in care and compassion for others, buyers and sellers alike.

Those of us that give our time, as ShadowCaver so well describes, do it honestly and with true dedication to the finalization of all involved in the transfer of ownership of real properties. There is so much more that I could post here. Whether or not it would make a difference I do not know. I do know tho' that I am proud of many of my brothers and sisters in this business and proud also of their hard work and their adherence to our code.

Anyone wanting to know any of the behind the scenes activity that is attached to the buying and selling of real estate, just ask and I or others will be happy to enlighten you.

Back to the main topic of this, Janet, go girl! I be proud of you! You are truly one of the best AND, ShadowCaver, thank you so very much for your comments. I truly appreciate your words and the unspoken thoughts behind them. Thank you!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Thanks, friends.

Thanks, Shadow & Northwoods, for your friendship & kind words! There's really very little realtor-bashing in this the magical MO forum...what a wonderful place to hang out!

I think I'll leave the new label for a while and see if it feels like people respond differently...that's what I'm really after...to see if identifying myself as a real estate professional on the front page is a turn off to any of the kind folks who are looking for help & advice on CityData.

I am really enjoying the new friendships I have found here...many will never morph into business relationships, a few may and that's ok.

Gotta go now...I've still got a mountain of cookies to eat!
(Mrs. ChiliCook is a wonderful baker...see the OTFCC thread. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri