Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 01:56 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,836,883 times

Advertisements

I got a letter today. I'm on the Dean's list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Well congratulations. That is always an honor.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,658,778 times
Quote:
Hmm must be a different list than the one I use to get on!...

Old 12-20-2008, 12:18 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,384,031 times
Unhappy Wheww....what a week!

Hi everyone...just wanted to pop in & say Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate this time of year!

Cold and windy weekend...I knew I should'a got my outside lights up before now! I promised my daughter I'd have SOMETHING up for Christmas...ya think it's about time?

Glad this tough week is over...onward to the next challenge....aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:59 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,062,299 times
Lady of the lake, sorry to hear of your not so good week... had one also [mainly work BS, but some weather, etc. stuff too], but all considering life is good Am thankful for all, even the gunk that is tossed our way - what's that saying,,, something about what don't kill ya makes ya numb, or smarter, or tougher or...

STLCardsBlues1989 - congrats

Great to be back in MO for next couple weeks - getting to visit fam, gonna get to a Blues game, take in the El Monstero Pink Floyd concert, fill me belly of fresh gooey butter cake and Alex's Pizza, get some MO mud in my blood, enjoy the Ozarkian beauty [yea, even in the harsh raw frozen winter, she's still sight to behold ], and celebrate Christmas and New Years in this wonderful state...

Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,389,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Great to be back in MO for next couple weeks - getting to visit fam, gonna get to a Blues game, take in the El Monstero Pink Floyd concert, fill me belly of fresh gooey butter cake and Alex's Pizza, get some MO mud in my blood, enjoy the Ozarkian beauty [yea, even in the harsh raw frozen winter, she's still sight to behold ], and celebrate Christmas and New Years in this wonderful state...
If I were going back to St. Louis myself, I'd wanna hang with you! Heck.... Pink Floyd music, cake, pizza, hockey, and winter hikes. I'm down with all that!!
Except the mud.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,546 times
Quote:
Is anybody else cheap and proud of it?
Yep! I was telling my husband just the other night how lucky he is 'cause I'm such a cheap date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Hmm must be a different list than the one I use to get on!...
Bwaaahahahahahahaaaaa! That's funnee! I don't care WHO ya are!

Quote:
WOW! Congratulations That's not an easy thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Hi everyone...just wanted to pop in & say Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate this time of year!

Cold and windy weekend...I knew I should'a got my outside lights up before now! I promised my daughter I'd have SOMETHING up for Christmas...ya think it's about time?

Glad this tough week is over...onward to the next challenge....aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, in your defense, our dear L J, the weather got cold way before any of us ever expected it to and has held on tighter than it usually would. I'm sure your daughter won't really mind, especially since your home is so wonderful and cozy even without lights! An' if she does, just remind her of how much you love her and are grateful you are that she is able to be with you...especially with so many people who have lost so much this year.

I hope your week was tough in a good way and that you have a wonderful Christmas with your daughter and whomever else you get to share it with. Did I tell you that MrG and I spent Thanksgiving with Mr. & Mrs. Boof? We had a perfect day together!

We'll have to schedule a day or afternoon together once the holidays are over!

Miss you!

MrsG

Quote:
Awww, I thought maybe I saw you recently! But, alas...it twas only yer shadow!

So close...and yet so far. Hope you make it out our way one day so's we can welcome ya proper!

Hugs to you and the Mrs...er..."the woman", as you've called her!

Old 12-21-2008, 12:30 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,975 times
hi all its been quite a hectic week here myself. well i got a job offer and gladly accepted it, only to be called a few days later and be told i was denied because of my credit score..... what??? i mean come on, i know my credit isnt perfect because i blew off some bills as a teen, but im trying to pay them off as i can. and all my other loans/bills have been paid off in advance. i dunno, its tough finding a job here in the ozarks, but im not giving up i love it here too much. it just amazes me that i take a test that college grads cant score as high as i can on, pass the personal interview with flying colors, and get denied because of something stupid like my credit score... bahhhhh. ok sorry about the rant everyone have a safe holidays, and hopefully the cold snap breaks soon so lake junkie and others can hit the water

Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,384,031 times
Quote:
Am thankful for all, even the gunk that is tossed our way - what's that saying,,, something about what don't kill ya makes ya numb, or smarter, or tougher or...

You're right on, dear Shadow Man...a long time ago I learned to be thankful for the downers, too...there's always something to be learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Well, in your defense, our dear L J, the weather got cold way before any of us ever expected it to and has held on tighter than it usually would. I'm sure your daughter won't really mind, especially since your home is so wonderful and cozy even without lights! An' if she does, just remind her of how much you love her and are grateful you are that she is able to be with you...especially with so many people who have lost so much this year.

I hope your week was tough in a good way and that you have a wonderful Christmas with your daughter and whomever else you get to share it with. Did I tell you that MrG and I spent Thanksgiving with Mr. & Mrs. Boof? We had a perfect day together!

MrsG
Awesome about Mr. & Mrs. Boof!!! I'm missin' the girl myself...

I spent a couple of hours yesterday bundled up & stringin' lights...my beautiful young'n wouldn't mind but I want my little nest to be a winter wonderland when it's not warm enough to say "who cares" and jump in the lake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
...everyone have a safe holidays, and hopefully the cold snap breaks soon so lake junkie and others can hit the water
From your mouth to God's ears, dear Ciaerin...tough luck about the credit score, I know more and more bidnesses are doing that these days. There are some really good places you can go to get advice about how to fix that in 6-12 months...DM me if you want.

Merry (now lighted & decorated) Christmas, all!

~Lake Junkie

Old 12-22-2008, 12:36 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,985 times
Hello from the almost middle of the state. Cold, windy and colder yet to come. Have family here for a few days and will visit others later this week. Love this time of the year as far as Christmas and the New Year is concerned. I am wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas. From our house to yours......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri