Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:58 PM

29 posts, read 39,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmaxwell View Post
Please respect Montana (and other places like Alaska and Hawaii) by visiting and NOT moving there. The only reason it's such a sacred place is because not everyone is moving there on the whim of their pipe dream due to watching a river runs through it a few too many times. It turns into urban sprawl and ruins everything that Montana is about. People there like it simple and hard. They don't need a booming economy screwing up the "last best place". I'm a Montana native. Lived there from birth until 20. I don't live there now and question if id move back because I respect it that much and don't want play into its demise (i.e. Becoming Californianized). My grandpa worked his ass off and bought the ranch by saving half his paychecks running a grain elevator during the depression. He didn't have a silver spoon and fun money to snowbird at a vacation house in the mountains. Go a head and move there. It's filled with people just like my grampa that deserve Montana. It's like a zoo animal, admire it from a distance. There use to be a bumper sticker when I was a kid that said "Keep Montana beautiful, put a Californian on the bus." Yes it's prodding but it's insightful and true. Look at what Bozeman is compared to how it use to be. The proof is in the pudding. Please don't ruin it. Come visit and go back to whatever place you call home.

" Becoming Californianized "

Supremely excellent post this was.

I will be starting a thread about this in the main discussion because after living up and down the west coast for years and being an east-coast native myself, it makes my stomach ill to see what happens to a place when the liberal, vanilla, coddled little pretentious Cali snobs sink their meat hooks in and take hold.

It can only be described as a virus replicating itself inside a healthy cell, thereby destroying the function and original purpose of the cell and mutating its behavior and identity within the body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,523 times
Default Thinking on moving to Montana from GA

Hi, my name is Chris I'm thinking about moving to Montana with my family. I have a 2 year old and my main concerns are providing a good education for her. Where in Montana is perfect for raising a family but yet a small town feel? I am tired of living in the south east where it's getting more over populated by the min and want a better way of life for my child.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:44 AM

446 posts, read 709,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwireheart View Post
Montana is great if you know where to go. Don't go and judge a place you know nothing about. I have lived here all my life and have been to over half of the towns. A lot are pretty, the places to look out for
are Billings and Laurel. [Mod cut]. Country is a lot better than your stupid polluted air,Iphone5's,murders, and racism.
'Places to look out for'.... can you expand on that a bit?

Old 06-13-2015, 09:54 PM

22 posts, read 35,591 times
Question Rethinking Montana Bitteroot area over Warsaw Missouri

Originally my husband and I were thinking of a move to Missouri when we retire from our Minnesota farm, but now we are looking toward the Bitterroot Valley in Montana. Weather seems to be a little milder there than in Mora, MN. Besides, my husband has always wanted to go that direction, I was the holdout. What areas are good for older folks? My mother-in-law (88yrs) will be with and we don't want to be too far from hospital or VA. Any quiet areas where we might enjoy things without neighbors right on top of us?

Old 06-15-2015, 01:32 PM

910 posts, read 1,082,773 times
Wow, there sure seem to be allot of "natives" stirring it up on this thread. Well, since I haven't posted here to make them mad at me yet, I think it's time.

First off, there is no best place for everyone. You need to narrow it down based on what is importatant for you.

If you need the VA hospital, you have to live within driving distance to Helena. That could mean allot to different people. For me it was the reason that my family and I picked Helena. However we are planning to buy our house about an hour away from Helena because we want to homestead.

Second, the schools here are lite-years better than in the South. Our children have had a huge improvement in grades. The small class sizes and hands on approach worked miracles for them.

Third, if you want fast internet, you will have to live in one of the bigger towns.

Fourth, don't listen to the "native" crowd that feels that if you didn't grow up here, you don't belong. If it was left up to them there wouldn't be a single Doctor in MT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana