Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 04:17 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

I'd never heard of this. Do tell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Welcome to dialup!
Almost that bad. Internet on outer us now nit working at all. I had a long chat this morning with a Manager this morning. I am now retired, but I used to be the Electrical Design Engineer for TSI of Florida. I designed all of the switching network harness and fiber conversion harness for telephone switching networks.

we used to have this very demanding customer that would order harnesses to be built by us and it was a panic thing where they had a network box go down due to water infiltration (flooding) or damage (9/11). They wanted things "right now". They would call and order miles of network and the call back every 10 minutes to see if my plant had shipped it yet. One time we sent them a cable that failed and they demanded that the design and production managers fly down and explain how our processes and build was going to change process and WA to keep thus problem from occurring again. I flew down by myself and showed up in shorts and T-shirt just to tick them off. They had a conference room set up withe the faulted cable. I had a slide presentation set up with two slides. I brought up the first slide showing that cable number new. Second slide said, "141,000" built for you, 1 failure, we are going to change nothing." Then I inspected their cable in front of them and showed them a dusty boot print on the cable where their installer stood on the Cable to reach a higher cable and when he did, be damaged the cable, in house. I charged them over $4k for that trip and they paid with no arguement.

Needless to say, that company is now my phone carrier and now I am the 'customer'.

This morning I escalated the problem up to management and then told her about my background. I asked her that now I am on the other end, how demanding did she want me to be? Dud she want me to be as demanding as they were? Or to be a quiet customer? I also explained that 2 weeks ago I went to the Hospital in a pickup because my phone and 911 did not work. Who should I bill, or should I just start a suit?

She has called twice today to update me on progress with repair to the tower.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
See Lewis & Clark Caverns by candlelight - Catch-all - Bozeman Daily Chronicle

This is really fun! Anyone else have any fun things to post?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
See Lewis & Clark Caverns by candlelight - Catch-all - Bozeman Daily Chronicle

This is really fun! Anyone else have any fun things to post?
Mondo cool! I'll have to think about going.. it's not all that far over there.

As to other cool things, I saw notices about local Christmas caroling. Someday I gotta do that again.

Pitbull-in-a-china-closet just ran into my power connection and shorted it out. She's the sweetest dog ever but she's like a linebacker in high heels! Galumph-galumph-splat.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Dud she want me to be as demanding as they were? Or to be a quiet customer? I also explained that 2 weeks ago I went to the Hospital in a pickup because my phone and 911 did not work. Who should I bill, or should I just start a suit?

She has called twice today to update me on progress with repair to the tower.
Hahaha, way to get 'em back

Old 12-18-2013, 12:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Really sad. There were these cool, beautiful, iron sturctures that looked like a herd of horses, on 87, by Wheat Montana. They were in a field, on a hill, and just really symbolized Montana, being free, fantastic art.
Stolen. That is so wrong.
Horse sculptures stolen from Three Forks hillside - Crime and Courts - Bozeman Daily Chronicle

No one is nice any more. Just sad the mentality of some people.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:12 PM

And a follow-up with better news:

Stolen horse sculptures found on Townsend ranch - Crime and Courts - Bozeman Daily Chronicle

Kudos to the rancher.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:22 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yup!

Quote:
The rancher who found the sculptures did not want to be named and also declined the $3,000 reward that Dolan was offering for the return of his horses.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:59 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times
One article said artist Dolan was hauling the found missing horses home for some repairs & a lady called in to authorities of a sighting of a guy hauling the sculptures. I loved that part.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:00 PM

Here's a fancy new hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana