Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Oh.. except that ya'll missed out on a huge pot of homemade turkey and dumplings. :P They were yummy and the perfect thing to go with this rainy weather.
Ooooh....... I'll be right over. How far is it again?

Hey, you show me yours and I'll show you mine... 'bout 3-4 years ago I was trying to lift something in the barn, stood up and hooked myself right on the love-handle, on an electric box sticking out from the wall. Made a big purple bruise that didn't entirely go away for over a year, and there was a big lump there for another year. I had fun scaring people with that one myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
- snip -

Hey Elk, that truck of yours a stick? I only do automatics, I don't have enough arms and legs for a stick (my sister says I have the same number as everyone else, but I seem to be short at least one arm and one leg to do it right).

- snip -
It's actually got a couple a sticks on the floor to play with. One for transmission and one for transfer case, both are Borg Warner.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Good Sunday morning everyone!!! 8:30 AM here in Alabama as I write this. I am just awake for a few minutes waiting on the coffee to get done. Today we start moving into our new place.
I am sooooooo excited. Still renting but we got an awesome deal from the landlord. 2bdrm 2ba with HUGE front porch on about 1/2 acre fenced in lot. Oh yeah!!!!!!!
I can do too much heavy lifting because of the stitches and my bruised tata's but I'm going to do as much as I can. First thing is to get over there and wipe out the cabinets and put up some wall decorations. And put Chloe on the tie out over there.
Fun Fun Fun...
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!
Check out the pics of the new place on my Albums. Will post better pics when I can.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Woke up this morning, put the coffee on, grabbed the spot light to see how it looks out there.

This is the first time, in the 5 years I have lived in this cabin, that I have had snow piled against my door. My porch is covered so it has to really work at it to get in there. Think angry, aggressive snow. hahaha. I'm guessing the 25 MPH wind with gusts to 40, have something to do with it.

Next I checked the news. West, South, and East, all roads are closed. North, headed for Billings, "No unnecessary travel." The kid in me makes me want to try it. The adult in me says that its probably not that bad, its just the State being afraid of law suits and posting warnings like that, prematurely.

Good thing I put the blade back on the 4 wheeler, yesterday.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:01 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Johnson: Would you know what month it is?

Bear Claw: No Pilgrim, I surely wouldn't, I'm sorry.

Johnson: Feels like....March....maybe.....April.

Bear Claw: March....maybe...Don't believe April. Winters a long time going this high.

Johnson: Yeah...

Bear Claw: March is a green and muddy month down below. Some folks like it...farmers mostly.
You cook good rabbit Pilgrim, and I hope that you will Fare Well.

From the Movie Jerimiah Johnson for any greenhorn that hasn't seen it at least 10 time

Well, got the mud, now if maybe if I shovel the snow off the lawn I can see if there is any green...

Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Bear Claw: You've come far, Pilgrim...
Johnson: Feels like far...

Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Bear Claw: You've done well to keep so much hair when they's so many is after it

Funny thing, Old Liver Eatin' Johnson was marshall for the town of Red Lodge later in his life.

The Crazy Woman Mountains, (Crazy Mountains) just outside of Big Timber is where the lady portrayed in the movie actually lived.
Johnson carried out a lot of his war with the Crow in Montana, even though the movie was shot in Utah

Old 03-31-2014, 01:51 PM

448 posts, read 1,070,198 times
Jeremiah Johnson one of my favorite movies of all times..
Woke up to skiff of snow this am and only 27° but warming up nicely and clearing up some. You all have a great week ahead

Old 03-31-2014, 02:40 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Good Sunday morning everyone!!! 8:30 AM here in Alabama as I write this. I am just awake for a few minutes waiting on the coffee to get done. Today we start moving into our new place.
I am sooooooo excited. Still renting but we got an awesome deal from the landlord. 2bdrm 2ba with HUGE front porch on about 1/2 acre fenced in lot. Oh yeah!!!!!!!
I can do too much heavy lifting because of the stitches and my bruised tata's but I'm going to do as much as I can. First thing is to get over there and wipe out the cabinets and put up some wall decorations. And put Chloe on the tie out over there.
Fun Fun Fun...
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!
Check out the pics of the new place on my Albums. Will post better pics when I can.
Congrats to you & your mama! Now you have some place in which to put all that furniture. Enjoy.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Hi Everyone.
This was yesterday....
So embarrassed. I was so tired because I had not had but maybe 2 hours of sleep. I decided to take a nap and I lay down on the floor which I knew I was not supposed to do then I hear just knocking at the door and I'm thinking it's my mother so I'm yelling it's open its open its open still knocking so I proceeded to crawl to the front door.
It is my landlord asking to show the trailer to some people which I had no problem with what so ever even though the place look like a tornado hit it but I was on the floor and could not get up. Can you imagine knocking on someone's door and when it opens their head is below your knees and you're thinking what the hell..... Anyway my landlord had to help me stand up I was so embarrassed.
We all got a good laugh out of it though.
My mom tried to break my leg!! LOL
And......I was sitting on the floor and mom went to step over me.. misjudged her footing and ended up stepping on my leg. I yelled and she fell up against the wall. It scared the chit outta her and I both. She's ok... me.. I'm gonna have a nice bruise on my leg.
TODAY...
Was so nice to wake up and go sit out on the porch and drink coffee and listen to the birds and watch them as the flew in and out of the bushes next to the house.
Mom went to the water company with the lease to get the water turned on and they tell her that they need to see the landlord and he needs to bring proof that he owns the property!
The man has owned and rented that property for 10 years now and they just now want to see him and his proof!!?? @#$%^!!
So... good thing we havent completely moved out of the old trailer yet. We still have somewhere we can go shower and fill up our water containers to have water for coffee and for toilet flushing.
Needless to say that landlord was pretty PO'd with the water company folks.
As for getting the little things moved, it is taking longer than I thought. I have to stop every few minutes and let my back ease off. was hoping it would be a little better since I had some rest. I guess not.
Anyway... thats the update. Hope I'm not boring.
And Thx Bongo. You are right about that furniture..lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana