Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 09:13 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times

Advertisements

I got a new weather rock after the old one blew away.
(Or ran away, I'm not sure. Can you trust weather rocks??)

This morning it had turned white.

I think it has frostbite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 01:44 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,103,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I got a new weather rock after the old one blew away.
(Or ran away, I'm not sure. Can you trust weather rocks??)

This morning it had turned white.

I think it has frostbite.
A rock will work in lew of a broken leg, both are equally accurate.

It's still snowing, hard, here.

I am taking the day off. I am catching a cold. One of those, way deep in the chest cough, type colds. So I have been watching movies and eating cough drops. I feel like I got hit by a train.

I'm waiting for my lunch to cool. Ramen noodles. Only I put a full cup of "Normandy Blend Veggies" in the pot. 5 Jalapena's. I cut up a small ham steak about 2 ounces. I added spices and 3 slices of cheese.. Once the Ramen noodles were done, I dumped it in my blender, blended it all up. Figured it would feel better on my sore throat like that.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
A rock will work in lew of a broken leg, both are equally accurate.
But a broken leg can't run away.... Hmm. Next time I'll replace it with a broken leg.
<goes outside, pokes around> I wonder if this old deer leg will work.

Quote:
It's still snowing, hard, here.
Sunshine here, but still cold.

Quote:
I am taking the day off. I am catching a cold. One of those, way deep in the chest cough, type colds. So I have been watching movies and eating cough drops. I feel like I got hit by a train.
If it's above your neck, it's a cold. If it's below the neck and has significant fever and aches, it's flu. Being hit by a train counts as 'significant'.

Quote:
I'm waiting for my lunch to cool. Ramen noodles. Only I put a full cup of "Normandy Blend Veggies" in the pot. 5 Jalapena's. I cut up a small ham steak about 2 ounces. I added spices and 3 slices of cheese.. Once the Ramen noodles were done, I dumped it in my blender, blended it all up. Figured it would feel better on my sore throat like that.
You're disgusting

I'm gonna have ramen for lunch too. (Maruchan brand tastes better than Top brand. Maruchan seasons the noodles, and it makes a difference.) Cook noodles (3 minutes in the microwave), throw away the water, add a couple good handfuls of shredded cheese, and optionally 2 or 3 eggs, return to microwave til cheese is melted or eggs are cooked. Season with about 1/4th of the 'flavor packet' and a good shake of lemon pepper.

Oh, and this is interesting:
Mo. House panel endorses gun nullification bill - Gun Owners of America

Old 03-22-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
- snip -
If it's above your neck, it's a cold. If it's below the neck and has significant fever and aches, it's flu. Being hit by a train counts as 'significant'.

I'm gonna have ramen for lunch too. (Maruchan brand tastes better than Top brand. Maruchan seasons the noodles, and it makes a difference.) Cook noodles (3 minutes in the microwave), throw away the water, add a couple good handfuls of shredded cheese, and optionally 2 or 3 eggs, return to microwave til cheese is melted or eggs are cooked. Season with about 1/4th of the 'flavor packet' and a good shake of lemon pepper.

Oh, and this is interesting:
Mo. House panel endorses gun nullification bill - Gun Owners of America
Flu is when you have a nasty cold sitting on top of a upset stomach. Can't hold anything down, cant breath, etc. This is just a cold, but it's deep in my chest. I feel fine and I am hungry, just nothing sounds good, sore throat, cough, sneeze, blow nose, repeat as needed.

Mo is one of about 8 states that have passed that. Idaho is the latest. Here in Wyoming, we passed that a couple years ago. Montana also passed it a while back.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Actually, most flu doesn't have an upset stomach. There are varieties that do (and used to be more common) but it's not the norm.

Here's a funny article... I'd have called it unobservant gardening, since hollyhocks don't bloom til their 2nd year:
Accidental Gardening

Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Actually, most flu doesn't have an upset stomach. There are varieties that do (and used to be more common) but it's not the norm.

Here's a funny article... I'd have called it unobservant gardening, since hollyhocks don't bloom til their 2nd year:
Accidental Gardening
Oh, I was just going by what the doctors tell me.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM

225 posts, read 304,725 times
Well.. surgery early tomorrow morning.. supposed to be outpatient surgery and I should be home sometime that day. We will see how it goes.
The landlord is almost finished fixing up the mobile home that he wants us to move to.. IT LOOKS AWESOME so far. Can't wait to get in it.
My brother brought mom and I our beds Friday night. We were so happy. First time we had slept in a bed in over 6 months!!! LOVE my new bed. Well.. it was used but it is new to me. :P
Hope every one is doing well. Elk, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care and dont let that stuff turn into pneumonia.!!
xoxoxox
~Val

Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Well.. surgery early tomorrow morning.. supposed to be outpatient surgery and I should be home sometime that day. We will see how it goes.
The landlord is almost finished fixing up the mobile home that he wants us to move to.. IT LOOKS AWESOME so far. Can't wait to get in it.
My brother brought mom and I our beds Friday night. We were so happy. First time we had slept in a bed in over 6 months!!! LOVE my new bed. Well.. it was used but it is new to me. :P
Hope every one is doing well. Elk, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care and dont let that stuff turn into pneumonia.!!
xoxoxox
~Val
Thanks Ma. it better not turn into P-Nomia, I go one of those P-Nomia shots this year, after getting P-Nomia last year. Actually, I am very lucky when it comes to colds. I only get one every few years, unfortuantely, when I do get one, it always turns into a doozy.

Used beds. There is nothing wrong with a used bed as long as it's fairly well taken care of and of course, it is clean. My daughter gives me a bad time about my bed. It's a hospital bed. No rails. It's perfect, with a remote control, I can adjust it up to lay and watch TV, or put my feet up, etc. It's a very comfortable bed. I got it for free and that's why my daughter gives me a bad time. You know where I got it? Let's just say the old lady that had it, doesn't need it anymore.

My daughter doesn't understand how anybody could stand to sleep in it. I told her, why not? It's not like the lady is still in it. Besides, having been to the VA numerous times in the hospital, what do you think is the odds of getting a bed that hasn't had anybody die in it? Doesn't bother me a bit, I mean, she didn't die of bedbugs.

Good luck on the surgery, you should be just fine. I hate outpatient surgery, course, I like hospital food. With outpatient surgery, you don't get a chance to sample their fine cuisine.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM

225 posts, read 304,725 times
Made it through surgery. Got some pretty sore and swollen Ta ta's.... OMG how do women have implants done!!??? this stuff hurts

Old 03-24-2014, 04:54 PM

Hey! Well, at least you still have the ta-ta's

Yeah, I've always thought implants look uncomfortable at best. How do they stand 'em?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana