Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,001,943 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Helena, and I'd forgotten the RB Drive In. Wow... didn't think it would still be there after all these years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM

It's a little hard to find, but in Butte, try Christina's Cocina. It's in a residential neighborhood. Just google map search.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Audrey's Pizza Oven in Bozeman has been revived from the original owned by Audrey, using her recipe.
Audrey's Pizza

Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,806 times
Nalivkas Pizza Kitchen in Havre. People have been known to have it shipped across the US to them.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:26 AM

281 posts, read 869,640 times
A few places I enjoy going whenever we get out:

The Bull's End - Drummond

Coffee Cup - Hamilton

Stevi Cafe - Stevi

Winky's - Stevi

Ruby's - Missoula

Old timer - St Ignatius

There's another one in Ronan or Polson we stopped at, that was pretty good too. Can't remember their names.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,382,732 times
My friend who lives there just went and had a Capital burger a couple of days ago and said it's as good as it ever was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness is View Post
I grew up in Helena, and I'd forgotten the RB Drive In. Wow... didn't think it would still be there after all these years.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 948 times
Smile happiness is

I agree about Manny's!! What a great place it was! I wish it was still there. Many people have told me that I should open up a Manny's "3" but we know that this is a different time and it could never be the same. Kay was like a "mother" to the collage kids. Manny was one of the most special men ever and ment the world to me. Oh did I mention... Manny was my dad.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:10 PM

910 posts, read 1,081,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Pennington View Post
I agree about Manny's!! What a great place it was! I wish it was still there. Many people have told me that I should open up a Manny's "3" but we know that this is a different time and it could never be the same. Kay was like a "mother" to the collage kids. Manny was one of the most special men ever and ment the world to me. Oh did I mention... Manny was my dad.

I wouldn't say that this is a different time. The younger generation has spawned a ton of foodies. And local diners are coming back strong as ever. People get tired of the same old corporate junk. If you still have all of the recipes, I would give it a shot. Remember, all of your dads customers have kids that remember it as well as you, and know those people are grown and have disposable income.

If you ever re-open it, let us know and we will all make sure to check it out.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:53 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,969,651 times
In Billings, the Bull Mountain Grille near the intersection of Main Street and Hwy 87 is a great place.
Crazy Mary's Fish and Chips on 6th Ave N. is pretty good, too, if one is in the mood for fried food. Everything is deep fried except the cole slaw!
The Nite Owl in Columbia Falls used to be pretty good. It is still there, so perhaps it still is!
The Snow Slip Inn on Hwy 2 near Nyack is good.
We stopped in a fairly new restaurant in Dupuyer last year that built a couple of really great burgers. I can't remember the name, but it is the only one in town, right on the highway. We would have stopped this year on the way through, but there was no room for the motorhome and trailer.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:52 PM

43 posts, read 62,361 times
Yesterday's Calf-A in Dell has the best hot roast beef sandwiches, and a great place for breakfast. Their pies go so fast, even though they bake 'em fresh every day.

Western Café in Bozeman, for breakfast or lunch, is always great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana