Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 11:42 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
soft teeth that are taken care of but break easily.....sigh......
Oooh, that sucks... But here's a great dental site with tons of info:
Ask Doctor Spiller, A Dentist With over 30 Years Experience

Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Warped or maybe it's the vicodin that you are taking for tooth pain?

Hope you are feeling better.....I have been there too many times.....tons of root canals, 2 gum operations, crowns, replacement crowns.....soft teeth that are taken care of but break easily.....sigh......
Thank you for the thought! Nope, not feeling better yet, well maybe a bit but it still hurts. Weirdest thing I've ever encountered, had a root canal on a front tooth years ago due to pain anytime it got cold. With this one it doesn't matter, the only time it hurts is with pressure on the palate.

Called a dentist office and explained what was going on, got a "hmmmm, you better come in so we can see what's going on" as a response. Appointment in 3 hours from now.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:53 AM

216 posts, read 641,334 times
Dental pain is the worst because it's so close to our brains. UGH I hope they fix it for you...

Old 12-29-2009, 08:30 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,070,967 times
Speaking of dentists, my mothers dad was a missionary dentist (Korea, India, china). His patients in the little villages would sit in wooden chairs smoking opium while waiting their turn (No cocaine or novocaine was used). He had his assistant pedal the drill with a bicycle like contraption ! I never saw it but it may have looked something like this.

I just lost another tooth the other day, I woke up in the morning and discovered that a loose tooth had decided to come out during the night, Good riddance to it.
Hey Jimj you can always tie some high test fishing line to the tooth and make a real good hard cast with the spinning rod, that may get rid of the bad tooth !

Old 12-29-2009, 12:17 PM

216 posts, read 641,334 times
I had a tooth that was bugging me and they wanted 2k for a root canal. I had it pulled by an oral surgeon for $70 and it was WELL worth it! He did a great job, no pain.

That is a scary ass picture ricker lol.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:56 PM

271 posts, read 460,407 times
Looks like some kind of medieval torture device....heh heh....

Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,124,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post

There have been several cases here of huge swarms that have been found in the walls of houses. I can't even imagine what would be involved in cleaning up that mess.
Hey Reedsmit................ (due to 'old lap top' (6 yr old) problems; packing for this trip down to AZ for a couple of months; some 'synthetic cartlidge injections' in R/knee and some other reasons.......I'm finally back on the "Net".)

1/ Re: Honey Bees inside a wall............Back in 1967 when living in CO, a Flicker Wood Pecker drilled a hole in our garage wall....... (an un-insulated 2x4 stud wall--cedar siding on outside and finished dry wall on inside). Didn't notice for several days that a Queen bee decided that cavatity was "home".
One day I heard a "noise" coming from the back wall of the garage. Went outside and saw bees "comin' & goin' " to this hole in the siding. Called a bee keeper.....he came out, pumped some smoke into the hole(about 16' above ground level)....removed some siding...pumped more smoke and found the Queen. Removed the swarm, removed the 'honey combs'; replaced the siding and plugged the hole. Charged me $125. (which I felt was fair)...and told be that if it went un-noticed for several months, I could possible have been "over-run" with thousands of ANTS after the swarm left on their own and the ants found the Honey Combs!!!!!! ugh!!

2/ Old Lap Top issues(bear in mind..I'm a 'dufus' when it comes to Computers)........Went to Tigre Direct.com,,,, Found a Refurb HP 3gb Ram; 250 gr H.D.; HDMI port (and several other ports); Intel duel core processor (2.19 ghx); all kinds of WiFi connections ........works like a dream.....and for 51% off of List Price. Also, since I use VERIZON for my cell and my TV, I got one of those Verizon USB 760 Modems to connect to the Internet from anywhere you can get a Verzion Signal..........I love it, and even a dummy like me can figure out how to connect it.

3/ Please up-date me on your daughter's status......I truly am interested in how things have worked out: ...what vehicle did you get; what tires; apartment status; room-mate status; etc. If you prefer, you can PM me.

If I can possibly provide any information that you have not already received....please let me know. My 30 years in the state have provided me with some contacts that could possibly be of help....if you ever need it.

Have a Happy New Year.

Regards, Montana Griz

Old 12-29-2009, 03:53 PM

475 posts, read 1,499,127 times
Mountain Griz - it's so nice to hear from you - I was starting to worry about you.

Having bees in your house is not a good thing. I had worked as a property manager for a number of years, part of the job was to inspect all the houses twice a year. I kept noticing on some homes there would be this spray of a yellow substance, almost looked like sap. Come to find out it was Carpenter Bees - they would bore a hole into the fascia board - couldn't have been more perfect if it had been made with a drill. Than they would bore horizonal channels. You could get rid of them by using insecticide spraying into the hole, than you could fill in the hole with a little wood putty. Only problem was you couldn't block the hole till the bees were dead, otherwise they would just bore another entrance / exit.

Now as to my daughter, it is hard to believe that we leave for MT in two weeks. I got her a good warm coat / boots / gloves etc. We bought her a Suburu Forester, the dealer will install Blizzak tires before we arrive. We will get her the emergency supplies when we get there. I will have about a week to try to teach how to drive in snow.

Found a great three bedroom / two bathroo apartment for her, fully furnished; with a heated garage, washer / dryer, gas fireplace. The owner had bought the condo when his daughters were attending MSU. He had it on the market to sell, but was also renting it by the week or month. So it includes everything: dishes, linens, and all utilities. So we won't have to buy anything for the time she is there - and the price is set so we don't have to worry about each month being different due to utilities. And the condo association will plow the drive-way. Shopping is about 3/10ths of a mile away, 1 block to the bus line and about 3 miles from her office. This has made things a lot easier.

Now the hard part, we have to get her two room mates; like yesterday. When we found it she had two other girls that wanted to share, but they wanted to be downtown, and didn't care if they had washer / dryer, parking, furniture or had to pay the utilities. Using my math this place wouldn't be any more expensive. So they backed out, and we took a risk that we could find other room mates.

We have ran an ad in the Bozeman paper, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace - but so far no luck. I have also contacted the Off Campus Housing Office at MSU. We had a couple calls, but they were looking for short term, three or four months, or they had pets. Daughter loves animals, but the landlord won't allow them.

If we don't have it rented by the time we arrive we will put up some flyers; and run another ad in the Bozeman paper. I am optimistic, the place is really nice and not much more than other places that don't have a garage and only include part of the utilities.

Computer problems are the worst; leads to frustration, stress and high blood pressure. Sounds like you did really well getting yours up and running. When mine starts giving me real issues, I have to take it to my son (he is a Geek).

Well welcome back, I have missed you.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
We will be sending you good karma for good roomates!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 PM

475 posts, read 1,499,127 times
Thanks Seven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana