Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjamie View Post
Hope I'm in the right thread. Introduction of us. I'm Jamie married to my best bud 16 yrs ( and counting). blessed twice 1 boy 1 girl. We're moving to Bozeman area. We're shutting down the comp. Friday & heading that way. All of us are excited, & cant wait to get there.
Hello and welcome to the forum. What brings you to Montana?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
I think the grizz was just wandering through. This morning we found out that a dog was killed about 10 miles East of me. Bear tracks all around. But that means the bear is out in the prairie so it'll be spotted.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:51 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
They do a lot of filming in Monrovia...many famous cinema movies and tv movies....always have camera crews there.... The main street, Myrtle Avenue, is really cute.....there are no visible palm trees so it could be any little midwestern-town-USA.... Monrovia is probably about 125 years old now.....it turned 100 when we lived there....I remember signing my name on a quilt that was to be displayed in the town museum..... It used to be famous for a tb sanitarium in the olden days......
Every town has some forgotten history like that... My vet for many years was in Monrovia, on Duarte a block or so off Myrtle, so my truck knows the way without needing to consult the driver. Nice quiet neighbourhood. I never saw any film crews there myself, and never worked there back when I was doing bits and extras, but yeah, it could be "Anytown, USA".

Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Thanks for this info.....yep, I've read that there is not much to do in Pullman for the kids...

And I also read that it is heavily populated with those ZOG people..(I think it was called ZOG....Zionist something or other)...and they 'pounce' on kids who haven't made friends yet.....
Dunno about that, but back when I was passing thru there regularly, I'd go over and stay in Moscow ID, just down the road and across the border. One of the nicest little towns you'll ever see. Has a good library that (at least back then) let ANYONE take out books, and even supplied return postage to send them back whenever you got done with 'em! Moscow also has an active science fiction club (Moscon is one of the oldest SF conventions in the NW) and if I recall right also has some historical recreationist groups. A bit further east is dairy farms and such. So.. there's plenty to do, just not the traditional drinkin' and cruisin' and partyin'.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 AM

271 posts, read 460,407 times
Quote:
That's why I want to go to Alaska. I have been to Yellowstone 2 - 3 times, the last time when I was @ 15......I don't think I saw one there, can't remember.. We would get up before sunrise and see all the animals coming out of their hiding places to drink.....
Wurzig, you'd love Alaska! Where we used to live, bears and moose would walk right through town on any given day. The last time we were on our way up there, we had camped out in our truck alongside Destruction Bay in the Yukon. We woke early to get back on the road, and passed a young grizzly busy digging for something on the side of the road. We stopped to take pics and he didn't pay us any mind...he was too busy looking for breakfast to worry about us!

Old 03-03-2010, 03:15 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
sure, check in when you get there!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:34 PM

271 posts, read 460,407 times
Dang....just when I think I've got the whole attaching pics thing figured out my bear disappears. Oh well, back to the thumbnails. lol
Let's visit.....-100_3002.jpg

Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,124,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdreamer View Post
Dang....just when I think I've got the whole attaching pics thing figured out my bear disappears. Oh well, back to the thumbnails. lol
Attachment 58992
Hey SnowDreamer..................

I'm sure you know, a Grizzly that color is known as a "Tokolat" by the people native to the Yukon & Alaska. That one is most likely digging for a ground squirrel.
Back in 1996 my late wife and I spent the night in our Lance P.U. Camper about 50 yards off of the highway right there at Destruction Bay. And the next morning when we got back on the highway and continued northbound,......about 9 am a wolf ran across the highway right in front of our truck. I was able to grab the camera and got a picture (somewhat out of focus) of him about 25 yards away, standing in the brush. Beautiful country.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Every town has some forgotten history like that... My vet for many years was in Monrovia, on Duarte a block or so off Myrtle, so my truck knows the way without needing to consult the driver. Nice quiet neighbourhood. I never saw any film crews there myself, and never worked there back when I was doing bits and extras, but yeah, it could be "Anytown, USA".
Our first house was in Duarte.......in the Fish Canyon area....... People laugh when I say that there was an old barn with a goat tied up in front of it.....that area has really changed.....

Yep, the City of Hope is in Duarte......a wonderful place where one hopes to never have to go....

My car knows how to get to Wally World, Costco and the local grocery store, (Ralphs)...... It used to go straight to the high school, middle school, etc., but those days are over...

Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Dunno about that, but back when I was passing thru there regularly, I'd go over and stay in Moscow ID, just down the road and across the border. One of the nicest little towns you'll ever see. Has a good library that (at least back then) let ANYONE take out books, and even supplied return postage to send them back whenever you got done with 'em! Moscow also has an active science fiction club (Moscon is one of the oldest SF conventions in the NW) and if I recall right also has some historical recreationist groups. A bit further east is dairy farms and such. So.. there's plenty to do, just not the traditional drinkin' and cruisin' and partyin'.
Yea, from what I understand, the students at Pullman and Moscow mix together....

Well, a big (and totally unexpected) scholarship arrived for/from U of Montana today.....this is going to be a hard decision.....she is really looking forward to the trip so that she can compare and find which one is right for her..... I wish I had had opportunities like this when I was her age.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana