Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 11:50 AM

250 posts, read 331,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Looks like there are two buildings (one free standing and another with two different spaces in it) being planned for the pad immediately behind the Wendy's. They have a completion date of April 2019. Also page 2 and 3 shows a proposed Chick-Fil-A at the end of the road. Chick-Fil-A would make a killing there if they do end up building. Before anyone complains this little area was built for fast food.

http://images4.loopnet.com/d2/4d6Ekr...I/document.pdf

If all of this gets built, that will only leave the little pad of land that shares the Panda Express parking lot as the remaining area to be built right off of the exit. The only other pad then on the UTC side that remains to be built on will be the spot for 1-2 restaurants next to the Courtyard.
No issue with that although I sure would like it to have a nice Outdoor area up on that ridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 PM

456 posts, read 602,793 times
Isn't there a space beside Premier Chevrolet across from Walmart or is that not big enough for something. I can't believe the space by the Marriott is still available. One of the best views in Morgantown. I'm glad at least that side is filling in and i'm disappointed no news on the other side. Supposedly 80% on the other side was leased last year and we were told in April we would here news in 60- 90 days. We are going on 80 days now and nothing. At this rate nothing is going to start till next year and unless its started early it will be at least 2020 before we see anything. I would think anyone wanting offices would need to start soon. I can't imagine a business planning on a new location would want to wait a couple more years to locate. I just hope businesses haven't dropped out. Is the infrastructure even ready in Westview and Westridge. Is the roads even going to be paved this year.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:02 PM

219 posts, read 247,912 times
Tom Bloom fluffery

Old 07-14-2018, 05:31 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
The Bowles Rice sign has been put on top of the new office building being built on the UTC side.

I also contacted West Ridge regarding the status of everything and this is the response I got.

While our work with prospective tenants is ongoing for WestRidge, I hope you can appreciate that much of it is confidential until they’ve agreed to publicly announce their plans; It is 99% their decision and 1% our decision.

These are our current development status/schedules for each of our neighborhoods – all of which are pushing ahead concurrently:

WestRidge Crossing: Our neighborhood of nearly 20 acres directly on I-79 Exit 153, slated for a hotel, several restaurants, a fuel station, bank(s), and over 15,000 SF of convenience retail shops. The rough grading and utilities are complete to this phase, with temporary access for vertical construction beginning next month and road paving finishing by the end of this year.

WestRidge Commerce Centre: This neighborhood features the 100,000 SF FedEx Ground distribution center, as well as our first 15,000 SF flex office building in the market, which is now fully leased. One additional flex office buildings of 12,000 SF is pre-leased and starting construction soon, to be delivered in Spring 2019. An additional office building of 30,000 SF has just been leased and cleared for construction later this year, to be opened Fall 2019.

WestRidge Commons: Our super-regional shopping neighborhood is projected to have over 380,000 SF of new-to-market “box” retailers, as well as restaurants and other amenities. Rough grading for this pad will be complete in early Fall 2018, with utility and roadway construction to follow. Construction timing TBD and varying by tenant.

WestRidge Corporate Park: This is our high-profile, Class A office park neighborhood, and it’s been gaining a lot of momentum. Our first two office buildings will begin construction in Summer 2018, and will both be delivered in Fall 2019. The remainder of buildings’ construction schedules are TBD and varying by tenant.

WestRidge Business Park: future phase.

We realize that a lot of speculation, and that people are excited – and so are we – but we would like to make sure that only accurate information about our development is released at the appropriate time, and most importantly, that we don’t offend our tenants by overstepping our place and providing their confidential information prior to their authorization. Obviously with so much vertical construction on the horizon, announcements will be coming soon. I apologize if the information provided above seems “general.” We have both inferred and contractual obligations to our tenants to do just that.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:03 AM

491 posts, read 610,344 times
Quote:
The Bowles Rice sign has been put on top of the new office building being built on the UTC side.

I also contacted West Ridge regarding the status of everything and this is the response I got.

While our work with prospective tenants is ongoing for WestRidge, I hope you can appreciate that much of it is confidential until they’ve agreed to publicly announce their plans; It is 99% their decision and 1% our decision.

These are our current development status/schedules for each of our neighborhoods – all of which are pushing ahead concurrently:

WestRidge Crossing: Our neighborhood of nearly 20 acres directly on I-79 Exit 153, slated for a hotel, several restaurants, a fuel station, bank(s), and over 15,000 SF of convenience retail shops. The rough grading and utilities are complete to this phase, with temporary access for vertical construction beginning next month and road paving finishing by the end of this year.

WestRidge Commerce Centre: This neighborhood features the 100,000 SF FedEx Ground distribution center, as well as our first 15,000 SF flex office building in the market, which is now fully leased. One additional flex office buildings of 12,000 SF is pre-leased and starting construction soon, to be delivered in Spring 2019. An additional office building of 30,000 SF has just been leased and cleared for construction later this year, to be opened Fall 2019.

WestRidge Commons: Our super-regional shopping neighborhood is projected to have over 380,000 SF of new-to-market “box†retailers, as well as restaurants and other amenities. Rough grading for this pad will be complete in early Fall 2018, with utility and roadway construction to follow. Construction timing TBD and varying by tenant.

WestRidge Corporate Park: This is our high-profile, Class A office park neighborhood, and it’s been gaining a lot of momentum. Our first two office buildings will begin construction in Summer 2018, and will both be delivered in Fall 2019. The remainder of buildings’ construction schedules are TBD and varying by tenant.

WestRidge Business Park: future phase.

We realize that a lot of speculation, and that people are excited – and so are we – but we would like to make sure that only accurate information about our development is released at the appropriate time, and most importantly, that we don’t offend our tenants by overstepping our place and providing their confidential information prior to their authorization. Obviously with so much vertical construction on the horizon, announcements will be coming soon. I apologize if the information provided above seems “general.†We have both inferred and contractual obligations to our tenants to do just that.
Typical canned developer response.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
Typical canned developer response.

Yep, but at least they mentioned a 30,000 square foot building going to be built over by FedEx along with another 12,000 square foot flex office space (both leased). Plus two office buildings will start being built over in the corporate area. But I didn't expect much when I messaged them, I figured I'd get "things are still in the planning phase" and that is it.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:21 AM

There is a new listing for WestRidge, it is up behind the mall. Off to the right for reference is the FedEx building in white. In the upper middle is two white buildings (in front of the power sub station), I believe that is the 30,000 square foot office space mentioned above. In the top left you can see the WestRidge shopping center and it looks like the same layout that is on interstate realty's website with the menards clearly visible and that other weird building across the parking lot from it. Another interesting thing is you can see part of the WVU Medicine property, it looks like on the left there are two buildings and on the right a massive parking lot, but the picture cuts off all of the land above that except for a tiny sliver of another building.

It would be nice if UPS built a facility next to the FedEx one, in the picture it looks like the building to the left of FedEx would be about the same size as the FedEx facility.

Access Denied

Old 08-14-2018, 07:51 AM

Looks like one of the warehouses in WestRidge (probably the buildings in front of the power station above the old Kmart)will be starting in November.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/4318807.html

Old 08-14-2018, 08:33 AM

491 posts, read 610,344 times
Quote:
There is a new listing for WestRidge, it is up behind the mall. Off to the right for reference is the FedEx building in white. In the upper middle is two white buildings (in front of the power sub station), I believe that is the 30,000 square foot office space mentioned above. In the top left you can see the WestRidge shopping center and it looks like the same layout that is on interstate realty's website with the menards clearly visible and that other weird building across the parking lot from it. Another interesting thing is you can see part of the WVU Medicine property, it looks like on the left there are two buildings and on the right a massive parking lot, but the picture cuts off all of the land above that except for a tiny sliver of another building.

It would be nice if UPS built a facility next to the FedEx one, in the picture it looks like the building to the left of FedEx would be about the same size as the FedEx facility.

Access Denied
I see the new road will connect to the Mall road. Hope they have some money to pave that thing..

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
I see the new road will connect to the Mall road. Hope they have some money to pave that thing..
Do you know who owns that road? I've always wondered if it was a city road, state road or owned by the mall. It has gotten very bad this year, it seems like the foundation of the road is giving out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown