Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I don't know how old you were when the day Bruce Lee died? I was very young and my household took it pretty hard. For we always enjoyed Bruce Lees work on the big screen and valued his vision of the martial arts. It was Bruce that got me startted at a young age in martial arts as like others lol. He was a unique individual. R.I.P
I was pretty torn up when we got the annoucement of his death as well. I would have been 14 at the time of his death, just about a month or so shy of 15. Cried like a baby.

Thank you for all the info, but considering how long ago it was and how many videos I've already looked through, I've had enough trying to remember. Well at least for this week. It's been fun going down memory lane though. I think I may have already glanced upon the movie but as previously stated, the guys in it looked so young, my minds eye, just say no way because of how young they looked.

Again thank you for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I was pretty torn up when we got the annoucement of his death as well. I would have been 14 at the time of his death, just about a month or so shy of 15. Cried like a baby.

Thank you for all the info, but considering how long ago it was and how many videos I've already looked through, I've had enough trying to remember. Well at least for this week. It's been fun going down memory lane though. I think I may have already glanced upon the movie but as previously stated, the guys in it looked so young, my minds eye, just say no way because of how young they looked.

Again thank you for all the help.
No biggie if you change your mind? We are here Aloha

Old 08-06-2013, 01:49 AM

Does anyone remember Gordon Liu Hong Kong star of the shaw brothers productions in the 70s? He had some great movies. Here is Two.

Shaw Brothers Kung Fu Shaolin Challenges Ninja - YouTube
Aka: Heros of the East

8 Diagram Pole Fighter (1983) - Final Fight - YouTube

Don't be shy guys whats your five favorite Martial Arts Movies it can be from any era.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,442,156 times
To me, one of the most fun and action packed Hong Kong movie was Millionaire's Express:

Millionaire's Express - End Fight - YouTube

Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Jeeja Yanin wow what can i say about her but it looks like she is going to be the new female martial arts star. Wow shes very talent and hot. Ok Ok im a dirty old man lol

here is a few kick but movies.

Chocolate - Fight Scene 3 - Warehouse - YouTube

Battle Dancing Thai Style (Raging Phoenix) - YouTube

Old 08-12-2013, 02:08 AM

69 posts, read 144,057 times
I like kungfu movies.
I have been to China Wudang Mount
Wudang is famous for its Taiji, a unique style of Chinese martial art developed by Taoists

Old 08-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Great posts guys mahalo. Guys the movies or actors don't have to be older etc. Lets hear your top 5 picks.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:01 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times
This isn't a martial arts movie, it's a detective movie but it has one of the earliest and more amusing appearances of Bruce Lee in a Hollywood movie.
Watch him destroy James Garner's office in a matter of seconds at the end of this clip of the movie Marlowe(1969).

Bruce Lee in the film Marlowe 1969 scene HD. - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Does anyone remember the horrod bruceexploitation movies? God they were the worst huh?

Here is a collection of them.

Bruceploitation DVD Collection - YouTube

Old 08-23-2013, 01:50 AM

Mahalo for your posts. I know there are alot more kungfu movie lovers out there please share with us your favorite movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies