Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Clone Wars Anakin was much better developed in becoming Darth Vader than Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith Anakin.
I've heard this also. I just can't watch a Disney Channel/Nickelodeon show at 30 years old lol. But, yes, I wish they spent more time on building Anakin more in the movies. It wasn't until the beginning of Episode III where Anakin started acting like a normal, yet awesome Jedi hero. They kinda wasted him in Episode II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I've heard this also. I just can't watch a Disney Channel/Nickelodeon show at 30 years old lol.
I have tried to watch REBELS a few times and just can't get into it. How is that Disney --- the undisputed world emperor of animation --- can produce a TV show with such horrid animation as STAR WARS: REBELS? It isn't just overly cartoonish. It's ugly.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:18 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have tried to watch REBELS a few times and just can't get into it. How is that Disney --- the undisputed world emperor of animation --- can produce a TV show with such horrid animation as STAR WARS: REBELS? It isn't just overly cartoonish. It's ugly.
Let me say first that I'm not particularly a fan of the animation of Rebels. I like that of Clone Wars much better, and in most ways think that Rebels is a step backwards in terms of animation.

However, I've learned that the animators deliberately went back to the original art design concepts of Ralph McQuarrie for their inspiration, so I'm giving them a somewhat reluctant break on that.

And the stories are more kid-friendly than Clone Wars (seasons 3-5.5).

But the program does provide information on Star Wars canon and points to directions Disney is going to take the franchise.

I've mentioned the discussion I overhears of some preschool kids explaining to an adult what Star Wars was about--totally from Rebels. Disney is building their next generation of fans through Rebels, and after the Skywalker Saga is complete, I suspect all the next generation of Star Wars movies will have Rebels backgrounds.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:38 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
there is only one star wars pix worth watching and thats the original back in '77
I found part of an interview Alec Guinness gave where he talked about Star Wars. I thought it might be of interest to folks who haven't seen it.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxN0N35skE

Old 01-03-2017, 12:42 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Lots of spoilers in this so don't watch unless you have seen Rogue One. It helps to explain it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6echHqyzs7M

Old 01-03-2017, 01:03 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Lots of spoilers in this so don't watch unless you have seen Rogue One. It helps to explain it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6echHqyzs7M
I'm not sure the director of Rogue One (who is a "short-timer" in the overall scheme of Disney) can state absolutely which characters in Rogue One will not turn out to be future characters in Rebels.

As has been noted with other movie/television tie-ins, it's the television series that are able to shift more nimbly to match the movies (rather than vice-versa).

We've already seen that Saw Guerra is being tied in to Rebels--and it will be a younger version of the Rogue One character rather than an older version of the Clone Wars character (and even voiced by Forest Whittaker). Notably, though, it's the Rogue One trailer version of Saw rather than the final cut version of Saw...which gives us some idea of how rapidly the television series can react to the movies...

...unless the aired version of the Rebels version of Saw gets its own last minute change to match the final cut of the movie.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:16 PM

281 posts, read 309,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Nah. I'm fine with the prequels. Some cringeworthy lines, yes and Episode I isn't needed much besides A) Setting up the fact that Palpy is playing everyone B) seeing Anakin leave his mom. But besides that, they were fine. Episode III is still one of my favorite SW movies. But other than that, I love the story Lucas told with the prequels, just wish it were written better/explained better. More "I'm basically turning governments against each other to gain power for myself" rather than "we're going to discuss the taxation of trade routes...or something".

If Disney remade them, it would just have some teeny bopper douche from some Disney Channel show playing Anakin and him being 100% awesome and then reusing Xwings and Tie Fighters the entire time and keep making references to ANH. I like the way Hayden portrayed Anakin, to the point where I can't see anyone else being the future Vader now. (Not the kid Anakin....yuck...so many better kid actors than that kid).
I think you're in the minority on this. I mean, it may not be practical for them to go back and redo episodes 1-3, but I think most fans wouldn't mind a bit, especially if the writers of Rogue One are involved! There is absolutely no way they can make them worse than how they were made. Now I will agree, George Lucas's Concepts were cool. For the most part. The midichlorian part ( or however you pronounce it) really didn't have to be there.
I always thought of becoming a Jedi as persons develop to the Force religion, and honing their skills through faith, hard work in training, and a bit of giftedness. George destroyed all that and made it seem like total random biology. That writing and acting were simply god-awful. I blame it more on the writing then the actors, but the writing literally makes the actors look bad. I would welcome replacements of episodes 1-3. Not only could they get it right this time, but it would give us more Star Wars to look forward to! :-)

Old 01-05-2017, 08:44 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
STAR WARS will get remade eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime. But eventually, yes. The current franchise will fizzle out, but a company like Disney will not allow a brand like STAR WARS to go sterile. When the movies start to flounder, the TV show ratings start to dive, and kids quit buying the toys, then Disney will do a reboot.

Now that I'm an adult, I would love to see a more mature take on the stories. Something much closer to ROGUE ONE or James Cameron movies than the ultra kid-friendly prequels and TV shows. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I see another STAR TREK reboot coming within the next 10-15 years (because the current movies are so bad). But STAR WARS? Probably not for a good long while.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:45 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
I think you're in the minority on this. I mean, it may not be practical for them to go back and redo episodes 1-3, but I think most fans wouldn't mind a bit, especially if the writers of Rogue One are involved! There is absolutely no way they can make them worse than how they were made. Now I will agree, George Lucas's Concepts were cool. For the most part. The midichlorian part ( or however you pronounce it) really didn't have to be there.
I always thought of becoming a Jedi as persons develop to the Force religion, and honing their skills through faith, hard work in training, and a bit of giftedness. George destroyed all that and made it seem like total random biology. That writing and acting were simply god-awful. I blame it more on the writing then the actors, but the writing literally makes the actors look bad. I would welcome replacements of episodes 1-3. Not only could they get it right this time, but it would give us more Star Wars to look forward to! :-)
They won't do it though. Lucas made sure of that when he signed it over to Disney, so it's kinda a moot point. I just feel like it'd be a waste of time even if they did. While some of the writing was bad, there was definitely more good than bad in those movies.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
STAR WARS will get remade eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime. But eventually, yes. The current franchise will fizzle out, but a company like Disney will not allow a brand like STAR WARS to go sterile. When the movies start to flounder, the TV show ratings start to dive, and kids quit buying the toys, then Disney will do a reboot.
They just did. It's called The Force Awakens.

Quote:
Now that I'm an adult, I would love to see a more mature take on the stories. Something much closer to ROGUE ONE or James Cameron movies than the ultra kid-friendly prequels and TV shows. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.
Me, too, but I think Rogue One is as close as we're going to get.

Quote:
I see another STAR TREK reboot coming within the next 10-15 years (because the current movies are so bad). But STAR WARS? Probably not for a good long while.
I like the current cast, and the '09 movie, with all its Star Wars-isms, is a good movie. (STID sucked, Beyond is a solid entertainer, but still a "battle" film). I'd rather see another few with this cast before they start over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies