Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 07:31 PM

28,685 posts, read 18,825,363 times

Advertisements

I heard an early rumor that Avengers 4 (IW2) would begin five years after the conclusion of IW...that the world and the Avengers would have been dealing with the aftermath for years before being able to reverse it.

If that were the case, it would be very neat. Bringing everyone back five years later, rather than making it "like it never even happened" would maintain the high stakes of failure that the first part created and wouldn't be a story cheat.

OTOH, it would screw up the Spider-man sequel, so that won't happen.

At least not completely. They could still start Avengers 4 five years later and go through that turmoil before making it "like it never even happened."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 07:38 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,554,472 times
My wife and I saw this afternoon really enjoyed it had to explain somethings to her but I’m excited when pt 2 hits

Old 05-19-2018, 09:58 PM

12,393 posts, read 8,173,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I heard an early rumor that Avengers 4 (IW2) would begin five years after the conclusion of IW...that the world and the Avengers would have been dealing with the aftermath for years before being able to reverse it.

If that were the case, it would be very neat. Bringing everyone back five years later, rather than making it "like it never even happened" would maintain the high stakes of failure that the first part created and wouldn't be a story cheat.

OTOH, it would screw up the Spider-man sequel, so that won't happen.

At least not completely. They could still start Avengers 4 five years later and go through that turmoil before making it "like it never even happened."
It came from the casting call for an actress to play Scott Lang's daughter who is five years older than the current actress playing the role. It does seem like time travel will be in play because Sony still has their Peter Parker in high school movies to come.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:46 PM

406 posts, read 288,804 times
  • considering that BP is the biggest non avengers superhero film, I don’t think anyone expected it to outgross Infinity War (A3) in terms of worldwide grosses.
  • Stateside, A3 will not outgross BP ($700mil), and will likely settle with an over/under $655mil. A3 had a $28mil fourth weekend, which is about what BP made in its fifth weekend (BP had a $40mil fourth weekend). In other words, A3 holds are not as good.
  • With a likely $2billion worldwide gross, that’s over 3x the box office of Justice League.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:02 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,889,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
  • considering that BP is the biggest non avengers superhero film, I don’t think anyone expected it to outgross Infinity War (A3) in terms of worldwide grosses.
  • Stateside, A3 will not outgross BP ($700mil), and will likely settle with an over/under $655mil. A3 had a $28mil fourth weekend, which is about what BP made in its fifth weekend (BP had a $40mil fourth weekend). In other words, A3 holds are not as good.
  • With a likely $2billion worldwide gross, that’s over 3x the box office of Justice League.
So why is BP on pace to outgross Infinity War stateside, but globally IW has greatly surpassed BP? What does being a non-avengers film have to do with that phenomenon? One of the main boosts to IW is how well it has done and continues to do in China (the second biggest global movie market) in comparison to BP's comparatively poor performance there.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:18 PM

24,672 posts, read 9,493,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
So why is BP on pace to outgross Infinity War stateside, but globally IW has greatly surpassed BP?
BP didn’t have Deadpool and Star Wars eating into its box office like IW, regarding stateside.

Globally, IW has more appeal than BP for obvious reasons

Old 05-20-2018, 06:22 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,565,154 times
Why is there even a BP vs IW? They are both Marvel.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Why is there even a BP vs IW? They are both Marvel.
True. That's what I was thinking when I responded to the previous post, but I took the bait and responded anyway, lol.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
BP didn’t have Deadpool and Star Wars eating into its box office like IW, regarding stateside.

Globally, IW has more appeal than BP for obvious reasons
Yes, that is true. IW is a "summer movie," which always results in more competition. That fact that it cleared up so much in its first few weeks to become one of the biggest movies in history is impressive.

The fact that BP did better stateside is likely due to the cultural phenomenon, and the great word of mouth (most, including myself, really enjoyed it). That wasn't as significant overseas, particularly in China, which drives the global market. Although, IW got good word of mouth too, as it was a great movie as well!

Last edited by personone; 05-20-2018 at 06:50 PM..

Old 05-20-2018, 06:49 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,627,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
While Wonder Woman, last year's sociocultural phenom, succeeded in spite of the competition, all summer long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies