Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 PM

8 posts, read 11,647 times

Advertisements

Lately I have watched Edge of Tomorrow. When I read about this film, I thought that it is a common shooting-film where the nub is to display a hi-tech picture and no interesting script. Happily, I was erring. Actually, the script was one of the best ones that I have ever seen (of course, for this kind of genres, there are many movies with better stories, but they are from other genres). The movie made me to think: whether I want to get into the same situation? I would respond that I wanted. It is like the most absolute realistic video game. I suggest that a great deal of people want as well (I did not note his deaths were painful for a long time, just psychological stresses could be notable). This film shows the most horror side of wars: accidents. You can be a very able warrior, but there are no differences for accidental death from a bullet, shell or crazy man with a knife. Until you are a man, not a robot, you cannot dodge from a bullet. Such kind of wars different from middle ages wars where your skill of martial arts played an important part. Of course, experienced fighters are more accommodated to survive because they act quickly and do not freeze on a place. I think that every warrior is deserving to have the same ability, not just Tom. He got a gift of immortality he could live forever. I did not understand why he sought to get rid of this wonderful ability. He could develop himself in various directs. I think he was afraid. The human nature in not able to acquaint this talent. We run from strange things. We seek stability and understanding. Probably, a lot of persons are scared by the rock to live forever. Because all things start to annoy sooner or later. It will be the suffering not to avoid this way. The woman was very masculine, but he let herself to disembosom it bothered me. I do not like such incoherence. Tom was like a real man. He did not fear and was master on himself. There is no incoherence. In the second part of the film was the helicopter. I dream I could fly all over the world with the ability. There is flying to Africa, Australia and North Pole. No doubts, it would be a great trip. I could taste a great deal of food. Of course, the aliens captured a part of the territory, but it does not matter. After all, I would like to arrange with the extraterrestrials. They seem to be an intellectual race with high technology. Likely, they would deny my offer. I did not like the end of the movie (I will try not to spoil). They made the last scene in the dark environment. I suggest that there is no money to do more detail scene. I am not satisfied by the look of the adversaries. They ought to have the appearance of men. I am tired by all this monsters. I would like to watch extraterrestrials similar with Protoss from the story of StarCraft. Of course, they must be changed to avoid problems. The colonel was so stubborn. It irritated me. There are all proofs of correctness of Tom. He must have a bit of fantasy to think ways, which defer from common. It is referred to all militants.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
The Incredible Hulk (2008) while I hate that they did a montage to show Hulk becoming Hulk, it is a movie that as I watch it more and more, it gets more enjoyable. Still my least favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe movie but the others (even Iron Man 3) were all great to awesome.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
Edge of Tomorrow. YawnYawnYawn (3D)

Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
How To Train Your Dragon 2.

As good as the first one, no complaints from my 4 yr old.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:26 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
The Rover.

I quite enjoyed it although I could see how it wouldn't be for everyone. It was gritty and visually stunning imo. I enjoyed the cinematography . Guy and Rob were great in it also, they held most of the movie wonderfully

Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,876 times
Apocalypse Now Redux

One of my all time favorites, and IMO the best war film.

In particular, I think the early half of this video is one of the eeriest scenes ever:

Old 06-26-2014, 03:56 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Day of the Falcon (2011) with Antonio Banderas

Old 06-26-2014, 06:24 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
I decided to wait while my car was being serviced, so I managed to fit in the entire length of American Graffiti.

I've probably watched that movie at least a dozen times, but as a car guy, I absolutely love it.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Three Days to Kill with Kevin Costner. Pretty bad, 1 out of 4 stars.
3 Days to Kill

Not one of Costner's best, but it was not a 1 star movie. I enjoyed it.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:30 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Three Pretty Maids In a Row with Rock Hudson. Very good movie, but I don't think it would pass the PC test today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies