Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:15 AM

36 posts, read 111,223 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Ohio to Conway in 3 weeks, my rental home has HTC now will need to have TWC installed if I choose it. I presently have TWC and am familiar with it's pros and cons but don't know anything about HTC. They look to be about the same price if I go with home phone, wireless internet and digital cable. Any comments on which is the best choice for service and realibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 03:55 PM

343 posts, read 726,456 times
Can't comment on Time Warner, but have had HTC for phone, CATV, and internet for 6 years with excellent service and results. Very professionally run company IMHO. In many neighborhoods in this area, you may not have a choice of company in that certain areas only have cable run by one or the other company.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:42 PM

thanks, that's good to know because I have been leaning towards HTC. Time Warner isn't the greatest here so I don't imagine that it's much different there.

I will just be glad when this move is over. It's hard enough moving across town but this moving across states is very difficult, having a hard time deciding what to take and what to leave behind.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
I HATE HTC with a passion.

Horrible customer service. I would go back to TW in a heartbeat if I could.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 PM

790 posts, read 1,622,232 times
It's interesting how different people have different experiences. We have had HTC for cable since we moved here last June and find their service very reliable and their customer service top notch. We have friends who don't like HTC but an equal number who dislike TWC just as much.

We have TWC for internet (we work at home for a company who contracts with them for our business internet) and have had some reliability issues but overall like them. However, since HTC is a local company, I would use them for both services if I could.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Wow there's no in between is there? kinda' like cats, either you love them or you hate them..lol. I think I will give HTC a try, have had multiple problems here with TWC over the years although not for the last 6 months. The house I'm renting already has HTC wireing but I don't think it has TWC. I really appreciate all the feedback, moving to an unfamiliar place it's nice to have an opinion from people in the know.

Again I will just be glad when this whole move is over. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment trying to get ready for it while working very long hours at the office putting things in order for my replacement to take over. Besides, it's starting to really sink in that in 3 short weeks I will be leaving behind my kids and everything I know. It's scary and exciting all at the same time, though today it feels more scary than exciting, hopefully tomorrow will be different.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Just want to point out that Horry Telephone is a small company and Time Warner is the big giant.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM

343 posts, read 726,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozz View Post
Wow there's no in between is there? kinda' like cats, either you love them or you hate them..lol. I think I will give HTC a try, have had multiple problems here with TWC over the years although not for the last 6 months. The house I'm renting already has HTC wireing but I don't think it has TWC. I really appreciate all the feedback, moving to an unfamiliar place it's nice to have an opinion from people in the know.

Again I will just be glad when this whole move is over. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment trying to get ready for it while working very long hours at the office putting things in order for my replacement to take over. Besides, it's starting to really sink in that in 3 short weeks I will be leaving behind my kids and everything I know. It's scary and exciting all at the same time, though today it feels more scary than exciting, hopefully tomorrow will be different.
When you call HTC to have internet installed, request that a cable modem be used. Our neighborhood has several people who work out of their home and were having upload/download issues with phone modems. A group of us approached HTC together and they upgraded us to cable modems at no additional charge for installation or monthly fee. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 AM

thanks for the suggestion, I did exactly that when I called them today

Old 08-12-2013, 02:03 PM

35 posts, read 89,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
Can't comment on Time Warner, but have had HTC for phone, CATV, and internet for 6 years with excellent service and results. Very professionally run company IMHO. In many neighborhoods in this area, you may not have a choice of company in that certain areas only have cable run by one or the other company.
How does the HTC equipment compare to that of the cable/satellite companies? Do they offer pretty compable services and products? Or are they a little slower in implementing newer technologies because they are slower? I know HTC requires a 1 year commitment to waive the $100 install charge. Not sure about Time Warner though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area