Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM

9 posts, read 31,595 times

Advertisements

Gotta add my input quickly...

The real estate market might be 'bad' elsewhere...but not here in Nashville. We're one of the top in the nation right now!! Buying here is for SURE a good decision.

Also...regarding Anitoch, parts are bad, but if you stay in the lower end of Antioch, it's brilliant! I'm a single female and have been living here for almost a year and half...not one single problem! Antioch is affordable and you might be surprised when you drive through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,576 times
In addition to Goodlettsville (which actually is located in both Davidson County and Sumner County), you may want to look at White House (which, like Goodlettsville, is split between Robertson County and Sumner County). I've lived in White House for about 6 years - it's a great community. It's convenient to the interstate; about a 35 minute commute to Vandy. The schools are great too.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Default love your optimism, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi Bolton View Post
Gotta add my input quickly...

The real estate market might be 'bad' elsewhere...but not here in Nashville. We're one of the top in the nation right now!! Buying here is for SURE a good decision.

Also...regarding Anitoch, parts are bad, but if you stay in the lower end of Antioch, it's brilliant! I'm a single female and have been living here for almost a year and half...not one single problem! Antioch is affordable and you might be surprised when you drive through.
You're a realtor, right?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 AM

27 posts, read 149,567 times
Default how about these?

looking at smyrna, and la vergne - the neighborhoods seem okay and the price is right; how about safety?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morlan1 View Post
looking at smyrna, and la vergne - the neighborhoods seem okay and the price is right; how about safety?
Smyrna would probably be the safer of the two. I believe the west side of I-24 would be safest, but more expensive.

Lavergne is probably fine, with the exception of the enormous Lake Forest Estates. It seems that's where most of their problems are, or at least that's what the media portrays.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM

16 posts, read 75,597 times
Crieve Hall would be a recommended area also. It would be in your price range and is close to I-65 and your commute wouldn't be bad. Safer area than Antioch.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:57 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
I see you say your spouse will be attending Vandy. My question is for how long? If it is only a few years, buying a home is probably a poor decision given the current state of the market and the downward/flat trend we will probably see the next couple of years.

I would recommend renting if short term.

Another reason to rent is so you can get real life experience with the area, instead of strangers from the internet's opinions of the areas. My wife and I can easily afford a home when we relocate to Nashville in March of 2008, but we are choosing to rent so we can get our own ideas of likes and dislikes. This way we are not scrambling trying to find the perfect house before we set up some roots in the town.
two moves expensive..renting has no tax advantage, throwing money awa yevery month, losing deposit ( you will) home prices are still going up every year...stuck in a lease - what if the perfect house comes along?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville