Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM

43 posts, read 291,002 times

Advertisements

Hey people, I'm heading down to Nashville next weekend for a couple days of relaxation. I know there are plenty of great things to do and I plan on having lots of fun while I'm down there. But I also need to know which hoods to avoid while visiting. Coming from Cincy I'm used to seeing crime ridden, rancid, run-down neighbohoods where crack dealing and car-jackings take place. I'm not sure of Nashville's crime in comparison to Cincy but could someone tell me which neighborhoods to NOT venture in to? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:09 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,751 times
The area called Bordeaux and also Dickerson Pike...well, coming from Memphis I would say you can pretty much go anywhere in Nashville (in a car) except for the housing projects and it will be pretty safe statistically.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 PM

597 posts, read 2,109,069 times
Just go until you think you shouldn't be there, then turn around.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:13 AM

103 posts, read 335,166 times
Steer clear of University court off of M'boro road.....that place is scarey even in broad daylight!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 AM

334 posts, read 1,282,661 times
Don't go into a convenient store, ask directions or stop at redlights without your doors locked on South Dickerson Pike, Murfreesboro Road, or Nolensville Road. In the words of Forrest Gump...."you never know what you're gonna get."

Old 06-11-2008, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the advice!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:51 PM

64 posts, read 320,970 times
The majority of Bordeaux is fine. It's the area south, across the Clarksville HWY bridge, known as North Nashville that's a gamble. And there are some pockets of questionable streets off W. Trinity from Gallatin Pike up to Clarksville Pike. But there's nothing to do entertainment-wise in any of those areas, so unless you're specifically visiting someone, you won't be going in for entertainment.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:59 PM

I enjoyed the city and didn't really get stuck in any bad neighborhoods. There's a TON to do. I liked the area around around Opry Mills, one of the nicest malls I've been to. And for good ol' Dukes Of Hazzard fans, Cooter's is solid! Nashville Palace was also a very cool place.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 PM

215 posts, read 682,085 times
Dickerson Pike is not that bad it's hardly not much worse than the Inglewood area Gallatin Pike which has a unsafe Save A Lot location and Dickerson Pike has those old trailer parks you have to over look and that bad Maplewood Square lot where that little bad Kroger is at but that location is believed to be closing in 2013 when it's lease expires and good riddens to it but anyway both streets have good and bad places.

Today Dickerson Pike is nothing bad like it was long ago and it has changed in a very similar way Gallatin Ave has and Dickerson Pike has a new Walgreens on Maplewood Trace,Mapco Mart which is Mapco's more upscale store concept,Lowe's,and a very nice Chicago Style Gyros location and it would be a great place for the East Nashville Publix.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottv View Post
The area called Bordeaux and also Dickerson Pike...well, coming from Memphis I would say you can pretty much go anywhere in Nashville (in a car) except for the housing projects and it will be pretty safe statistically.
I second all of this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville