Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:00 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times

Advertisements

This person should not be your friend. What he did is a friendship-breaking deal. People who have no compassion for animals are more likely to treat people horribly too - animal abuse often is a precursor or sign of domestic abusers and worse. Stay far away from this person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 04:51 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
So it was all fun and games that your friend was driving erratically until the squirrel showed up?

What if that had been a person, a child? Would it had been fun then?

Both of you need to grow up. Driving is a serious responsibility. Unless you are a stuntman or a professional race car driver (and even they have to be careful) you should not have fooling around while driving.

Rocky the Squirrel frowns on your behavior.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
... he swerved on purpose to hit it and now I feel soo completely horrible that he died.
It’s the “on purpose” that would bother me. It doesn’t matter what you hurt; hurting something vulnerable is just being a bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
What do you think you could have done to stop it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
You need to just let it go. It was certainly not your fault. I would feel differently about the co worker. What a jerk.
Agreed. You really couldn’t have done anything & you should let it go. You should also let any friendship with that coworker go too.

He acted like an immature bully & disrespected the life of an animal. He will reflect on you poorly at work & in social settings ... Guilty by Association. If it’s affecting you as profoundly as it seems, then you need to change something. Maybe you were meant to re-evaluate the sort of people you surround yourself with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
... I'm a grown ass man..lol...I just can't help but think of his life and if he had a family...
This is the most adorable thing I’ve read in a while! Go make a plan to make positive changes in your life, in honor of the squirrels life & what it represents & you will be fine.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:17 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
I think you should put up memorial flowers where the squirrel died so his family can come and pay respects.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zZYBvuJ96U.../plant%2B2.jpg

Last edited by kelly237; 11-21-2017 at 06:46 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 04:34 AM

995 posts, read 1,696,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Sounds like you surround yourself with emotionally unstable females.
Why would you do that ??
Because that's the only kind there is?

Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I can't believe you still call that person a friend. I think I would have punched him in the mouth, jumped out of the car and called an uber.

P.S. Lesson learned, no point in feeling guilty. Just make sure others know what a scumbag this person is and be an activist fo wildlife going forward.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:24 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
I have no problem killing wasps, flies that invade my space/bite me, or mice that enter my cottage, but we feed our resident squirrels around our home and at the cottage. I love wildlife. I am an animal lover.

This man's cruel actions for his own amusement make me sick.

OP, there probably wasn't much you could have done to prevent this, so don't beat yourself up. You already told him you were disgusted and that is all you can say unless you'll be riding with him again. THEN, I'd threaten him with something ?? if he ever did it again in your presence.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:31 AM

384 posts, read 376,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
This person should not be your friend. What he did is a friendship-breaking deal. People who have no compassion for animals are more likely to treat people horribly too - animal abuse often is a precursor or sign of domestic abusers and worse. Stay far away from this person.

Wow, time to rethink your friend. I also believe that people that abuse animals will abuse humans. I absolutely love the squirrels in my backyard , they are not bothering us.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...28_634x733.jpg

Old 11-28-2017, 10:12 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little pink View Post
Wow, time to rethink your friend. I also believe that people that abuse animals will abuse humans.
There is a proven correlation between animal abuse and violence towards humans.

The mass murderer who shot all those people at a Texas church was cruel and abusive to animals: Texas shooter claimed to buy animals on Craigslist for 'target practice,' former colleague says - CNN

Find a new friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature