Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:19 PM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times

Advertisements

I think this is a moot point since the OP hasn't returned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 05:40 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,060,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk330 View Post
Last time I rented a car at Logan I said NEVER AGAIN. This was 10 years ago, hopefully things have changed.

and that's where I am at, but my last time was in 2018. I don't really care about all the amenities on the airport itself, it's dealing with Boston and Mass that makes the extra time/money flying into MHT worth it for me.

Of course, some of that is my fault as I have an almost childish hatred of toll roads-I'll drive the backroads and the city streets to avoid them.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:23 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
and that's where I am at, but my last time was in 2018. I don't really care about all the amenities on the airport itself, it's dealing with Boston and Mass that makes the extra time/money flying into MHT worth it for me.

Of course, some of that is my fault as I have an almost childish hatred of toll roads-I'll drive the backroads and the city streets to avoid them.
Luckily, one doesn't need to use a toll road to get to or from Logan.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post

May I ask.. which Logan airport are you driving to/from? Because the logan in Boston doesn't require a toll to get in/out of to NH lol...?

Old 08-09-2021, 01:26 PM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times
No, but I-93 and I-95 in NH both have tolls, and depending on where you're starting from in NH, you may have to go through them en route to Logan whereas they could have been avoided more easily going to MHT.

Logan is a huge hassle for anyone that lives north of Concord. Distance and traffic mean I have to get up 2 hours earlier, the traffic is a huge pain, parking is a huge and expensive pain, lines are usually longer once you get there. My other options are to drive 40 minutes in the wrong direction to get a bus or pay $$$ for a car service.

Old 08-09-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
No, but I-93 and I-95 in NH both have tolls, and depending on where you're starting from in NH, you may have to go through them en route to Logan whereas they could have been avoided more easily going to MHT.

Logan is a huge hassle for anyone that lives north of Concord. Distance and traffic mean I have to get up 2 hours earlier, the traffic is a huge pain, parking is a huge and expensive pain, lines are usually longer once you get there. My other options are to drive 40 minutes in the wrong direction to get a bus or pay $$$ for a car service.
For you, MHT works better. BOS offers many more direct flights including international destinations. MHT has 4 airlines flying to 10 cities. For many, they would rather avoid the almost inevitable need to make a connection on a flight originating. One thing I try to avoid is connections at just about any price. Unless I'm going to one of those 10 cities, I have to make a connection.

Have you ever considered driving to Logan Express in Woburn or Danvers? It's a great option and I see plenty of airport workers and flight crews on the buses.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
For you, MHT works better. BOS offers many more direct flights including international destinations. MHT has 4 airlines flying to 10 cities. For many, they would rather avoid the almost inevitable need to make a connection on a flight originating. One thing I try to avoid is connections at just about any price. Unless I'm going to one of those 10 cities, I have to make a connection.

Have you ever considered driving to Logan Express in Woburn or Danvers? It's a great option and I see plenty of airport workers and flight crews on the buses.
^^^

yeah when i lived around Boston, we took the Logan Express from Braintree. Its what you want.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:44 PM

26 posts, read 25,392 times
I have flown in and out of MHT since before the 1968's...Trust me, Logan is way too far away the traffic is not for the faint of heart. (Having commuted daily going to & from college) If you are new to the region, forget Logan. DO Fly into Manchester Regional, Bedford is ”minutes away”..tons of great places to stay, restaurants, tax-free shopping. Use your GPS app or Google Earth to check it out.
Welcome to New Hampshire.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:52 PM

13 posts, read 16,207 times
If you're planning on carrying/packing your weapon, Manchester makes more sense than Logan

Old 09-06-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_monster View Post
If you're planning on carrying/packing your weapon, Manchester makes more sense than Logan
??? TSA rules are the same at all airports. Firearms/ammunition are to be packed in locked, hard sided cases and declared at the ticket counter to be checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire