Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 09:37 AM

505 posts, read 584,782 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Beford, NH and am wondering what would be the best airport to fly into? I'm wondering if I should fly into Boston and rent a car? What airport would you reccomend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 09:49 AM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times
Manchester (MHT). It's only a few miles from Bedford, and you can get a cab or rent a car there. It's also the only major airport in NH and far less hassle than Logan in Boston.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:43 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,187,626 times
Below is a link to the airlines serving Manchester Regional.

https://www.flymanchester.com/flight...s-serving-mht/

Where will you be flying from?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:39 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,060,313 times
I love the Manchester airport. While there aren't a ton of flight options, it is so easy getting around the airport, to the rental garages, and then out of there with no traffic & no tolls.

Portland, ME isn't horrible, but it's an hour to hit the NH border assuming you take the back roads and avoid the tolls on the interstate.

If you need a hotel for the last night before flying out, I recommend against the Manchester TownePlace Suites. I stayed there in 2019 and it was pretty shabby. It also seemed to be run by a franchise as it didn't have the standard Marriott welcome stuff on the TV.

If you do choose Logan, know you'll be dealing with traffic & tolls. I do recommend the Logan Airport Marriott. It's pricey, but they have nice rooms, a decent restaurant/bar downstairs, and have plenty of shuttles to the airport.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:23 PM

13,607 posts, read 4,937,539 times
I love to fly out of MHT when I can. Expect to pay a couple $100 more and very few direct flights

Old 08-06-2021, 08:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
MHT. But it is more expensive.

You are best to fly into BOS. Its a lot cheaper. Compare the two.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:44 AM

89 posts, read 126,297 times
BOS may be a little cheaper but MHT is waaaaay more convenient. You'll thank yourself when you don't have to drive around that garbage dump boston.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:59 AM

6,817 posts, read 6,054,426 times
Depends on where you're flying in from OP.

MHT is way more convenient to Bedford than BOS, but as others have said there are way fewer direct flights. For the right route, though, it isn't necessarily $100 extra. I got a round trip flight MHT-CLT in September for $175, which I'm pretty happy with.

Old 08-08-2021, 07:21 AM

432 posts, read 415,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Beford, NH and am wondering what would be the best airport to fly into? I'm wondering if I should fly into Boston and rent a car? What airport would you reccomend?
Last time I rented a car at Logan I said NEVER AGAIN. This was 10 years ago, hopefully things have changed.
It was 20 minute wait to 20 minute bus ride to 30 minute wait to 15 minute walk to the car. And THEN the hellish drive out of the city.
MHT was walk right up, then either wait 10 minutes for the shuttle or 5 minute walk to the car.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmic View Post
BOS may be a little cheaper but MHT is waaaaay more convenient. You'll thank yourself when you don't have to drive around that garbage dump boston.
Actually, Logan Airport is almost completely redone. I fly every week and it is one of my favorite airports. Quick, clean, convenient and if you have a layover or your flight is delayed you can hope the Silver Line (For Free) into Boston from the terminal side. Logan isn't really a dump thanks to Massport. You can get there via the many bus services from Manchester, Concord, Nashua, Portsmouth, and Salem.

MHT is very convenient. However, I just did a quick BOS-MCO and found Logan at $104 and MHT at $221 for some random Tuesday. And yes, I did not count Spirit or Frontier. Used just AA DL B6 WN UA etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Depends on where you're flying in from OP.

MHT is way more convenient to Bedford than BOS, but as others have said there are way fewer direct flights. For the right route, though, it isn't necessarily $100 extra. I got a round trip flight MHT-CLT in September for $175, which I'm pretty happy with.
dang thats a pretty good deal. Even from a major intl airport that would be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk330 View Post
Last time I rented a car at Logan I said NEVER AGAIN. This was 10 years ago, hopefully things have changed.
It was 20 minute wait to 20 minute bus ride to 30 minute wait to 15 minute walk to the car. And THEN the hellish drive out of the city.
MHT was walk right up, then either wait 10 minutes for the shuttle or 5 minute walk to the car.

I come from an airline family and a lot of people commute from NH. None drive. Are you aware of the motorcoach services mentioned above?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire