Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:38 PM

18 posts, read 42,543 times

Advertisements

I was also looking at Palmrya. Any thoughts about that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,887,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracore View Post
I was also looking at Palmrya. Any thoughts about that area?

Nice quiet area.. Nice clean older homes, low crime, nice downtown area. Stay between broad street and Cinnaminson, as that is the best part of Palmyra. Look at this beauty for $184k!

Photos of 3 bed, 1.0 bath, $184,000 - HotPads (http://hotpads.com/search/listingImages/26ufj67mu0nz2#nsimage1 - broken link)

Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,863,502 times
Do you enjoy nightlife at all? Or are you the more quiet type who tends to stay home? The reason I ask is because you should really stick to the PATCO line if you like to go out in Philly. South Jersey nightlife is pretty lame in comparison to Philly. Cab rides across the bridge are very, very expensive too.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Mt. Laurel has Ramblewood Village, which is supposedly good, and Evesham has Allison in the Marlton section which looks kind of old, but seems pretty solid from what I have heard.
This would have been my suggestion for a rental in the Mount Laurel area. Large variety of floor plans from 1BR to 4BR and it's a well maintained complex. It's older so the rents aren't nearly as high as some of the other newer options in Mount Laurel, like the ones near Ark Rd.

The OP may also want to check out Moorestown Woods, which is a townhome rental community and regular rentals in Moorestown as well. There are a couple standalone townhome/condo communities that are primarily rentals right near the downtown that go for under $1,500 a month and are in a very nice quiet area. If going that route, I would suggest contacting Weichert Relators on Main Street in Moorestown as they seem to represent most of the listings.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,603,961 times
Palmyra is good from Broad Street east toward Cinnaminson and to the North toward Riverton, over by 73 is a mess except for the Korman Suites, it's nice in there.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM

869 posts, read 1,495,188 times
If you want a condo, townhouse sort of situation, which honestly I prefer, Cherry Hill by the racetrack ( i can never remember what that is called) is building a lot right now and they are really beautiful. And Deptford on a side road that cuts between Almonesson and Clements Bridge Rd also just build a buge development of apartments, condos, townhouses and single family homes. They are all quite nice and in your price range.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
Cherry Hill by the racetrack ( i can never remember what that is called)
Park Place-Garden State Park ?

Just looking at Almonesson/Clements Bridge Rd. Seems like it's about 20 min of I295 driving. Hows the I295 traffic heading north-eastbound on a typical business morning & evening?

Last edited by dracore; 02-21-2012 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
Palmyra is good from Broad Street east toward Cinnaminson and to the North toward Riverton, over by 73 is a mess except for the Korman Suites, it's nice in there.
Yes I was looking at that too. I have a big dog and they seem to be ok with large breeds. Palmyra seems to be "away" from some of the larger towns.. so possibly safer? This is one potential spot I'm considering.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:42 PM

691 posts, read 3,062,098 times
I would avoid commuting on 295 each day. You really can find what you're looking for right in Mount Laurel. There are tons of condos on the market for rent that are less than 20 years old in your price range. I would search on craigslist.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
If you want a condo, townhouse sort of situation, which honestly I prefer, Cherry Hill by the racetrack ( i can never remember what that is called) is building a lot right now and they are really beautiful. And Deptford on a side road that cuts between Almonesson and Clements Bridge Rd also just build a buge development of apartments, condos, townhouses and single family homes. They are all quite nice and in your price range.
I'd avoid Deptford unless I checked it at various times of day & night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia