Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:35 PM

198 posts, read 484,465 times

Advertisements

You will be safe in Palmyra but its a lower income blue collar town compared to Mt Laurel, Marlton, etc. I agree with guy who said check out privately owned condo/townhouses in Mt Laurel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
I would avoid commuting on 295 each day. You really can find what you're looking for right in Mount Laurel. There are tons of condos on the market for rent that are less than 20 years old in your price range. I would search on craigslist.
Why? 295 heading north is FINE at almost all times. It is a MESS near 42/76 interchange and a mess heading south into that interchange. Otherwise it is fine. Especially heading North. I used to always take 295 a bunch from RT561 North to RT38 with no problems in the morning.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Why? 295 heading north is FINE at almost all times. It is a MESS near 42/76 interchange and a mess heading south into that interchange. Otherwise it is fine. Especially heading North. I used to always take 295 a bunch from RT561 North to RT38 with no problems in the morning.
I agree, for the most part 295 north is fine. I go from exit 10 to the exit for 73 North every day and it is generally pretty clear sailing. Maybe once or twice a week it will get backed up around 42/76 and stay that way until 561, but as soon as you pass Voorhees it opens up unless there is an accident.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,451 times
I agree it isn't bad in the morning but going southbound in the evening is usually backed from 73 to past 70 and then again from Warwick to 42. There really is no reason for the OP to live far away from his job when everything he is looking for can pretty much be found within 5 miles.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM

364 posts, read 1,192,519 times
Does anyone know anything about Ramblewood Village?
601-A Country Club Parkway Mount Laurel, NJ
Ramblewood Village apartments in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
I was thinking this would be great as it is low-rise and not far from Laurel Acres Park, which has a dog park.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
I was thinking this would be great as it is low-rise and not far from Laurel Acres Park, which has a dog park.
That's the place a couple of us suggested earlier. It's a decent apartment complex, not high end luxury, but not ghetto either. It's quite large and has a large variety of units as well. My wife and I looked at them in the past before we rented in Moorestown and I thought they were pretty decent and also had full time onsite management and maintenance. The real nice thing is the variety of floorplans they have. Everything from 1BR apartments up to 4BR townhomes.

A former boss of mine lived there with his family when he transferred from NJ to FL. They were building a new house and spent about 2 years living there. He didn't like it (he was a guy building a $750k house, so use that as reference for what he considered "crap") but they never had any issues there.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:39 PM

198 posts, read 484,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
I used to live in Ramblewood Village Apartments about 10 years ago. I lived in one of the 1 bedroom lower floor units on the golf course side. It was a nice place to live. Nothing fancy but it was safe, well run, and I had no problem with the neighbors. You are correct that Laurel Acres Park is just down the road. You probably could get away with walking your dog on the golf course as well. I used to sneak on the course and play and hole or two right before it got dark.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM

18 posts, read 42,530 times
The only thing that worries me about Ramblewood is mention of bed bugs.. and high gas&electric bills?

Ramblewood Village Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Mount Laurel apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 02-24-2012, 06:49 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,578 times
Look at the apartments on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill. Right near Springdale rd. Not sure their name. Maybe someone can chime in. They are newer in general (last 10-15 years) and look nice.

I would also look around Centeron Square in Moorestown/Mt. Laurel border. Both close to where your work is and in the middle of things.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracore View Post
The only thing that worries me about Ramblewood is mention of bed bugs.. and high gas&electric bills?

Ramblewood Village Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Mount Laurel apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Can't speak to that end, the only thing I would say, is that bedbugs have been an issue in a lot of places, so I think it is something that would somewhat come with the territory when looking at apartments.

Outside of that, I find apartment ratings sites to be rather slanted. Not many people take the time to post on those unless they have something to rant about. I'd hit up some more forums and ask people for personal experiences before I would trust what apartment ratings said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia