Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenbul View Post
irvington being the worst nd high crime rate then camden...man..listen i jus came home from college u hear me college..lmao..listen its really not funny..and like in my hood the east camden section of camden..now listen remember this its not even the worst section of camden trust me it is not"Polocktown is the worst section of camden..."..so anyway in east camden in a matter of 2 dys over a six block radius..u hear me."SIX BLOCK RADIUS"...there is two shootings..in 2 days in broad daylight 2 block radius...now u tell em "WHERE THEY DO THAT AT?..listen camden aint no joke..and i kow newark aint no joke either but irvington man is average crime town just like any other average crime town..man..listen..CMD aint no joke dogg..ask udes in philly..and pilly is bigger then camden people scared to come here bro..its shame too
Forgot to turn the ghetto lock off. It's on the left of the caps lock I believe.

Just because you talk with slang (I do too, I curse, use improper grammar,) doesn't mean you have to carry that into your written language. I can't tell you how many resumes I've seen shredded because the person has no grasp on writing/typing/grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenbul View Post
irvington being the worst nd high crime rate then camden...man..listen i jus came home from college u hear me college..lmao..listen its really not funny..and like in my hood the east camden section of camden..now listen remember this its not even the worst section of camden trust me it is not"Polocktown is the worst section of camden..."..so anyway in east camden in a matter of 2 dys over a six block radius..u hear me."SIX BLOCK RADIUS"...there is two shootings..in 2 days in broad daylight 2 block radius...now u tell em "WHERE THEY DO THAT AT?..listen camden aint no joke..and i kow newark aint no joke either but irvington man is average crime town just like any other average crime town..man..listen..CMD aint no joke dogg..ask udes in philly..and pilly is bigger then camden people scared to come here bro..its shame too

I'm sorry but you can't post the above and expect to be taken seriously ?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I don't think anyone "touring" Camden is going there to see the misfortunes of the people that live there, but just to see the general decline in the area's buildings and such. Not really much different than people driving through very affluent areas to see the houses there...they don't care about the people that live there, just the houses they live in. I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to see other parts of the country other than just the traditional tourist spots.
Who travels from Europe to specifically witness the general decline of Camden ?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Who travels from Europe to specifically witness the general decline of Camden ?
Yeah because I'm sure going to Camden is his main reason for coming to the US

Old 06-06-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah because I'm sure going to Camden is his main reason for coming to the US
Actually.....if you read the OPs original post, that is his "main reason". He has "professional" interest in "urban decay" and specifically wishes to visit Camden among other US blighted/failing cities.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Actually.....if you read the OPs original post, that is his "main reason". He has "professional" interest in "urban decay" and specifically wishes to visit Camden among other US blighted/failing cities.
It says he's definitely coming to the U.S., but he would like to stop in Camden. So no going to Camden is not his main reason for coming here.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It says he's definitely coming to the U.S., but he would like to stop in Camden. So no going to Camden is not his main reason for coming here.
Please don't insult everyones intelligence by attempting to split hairs with your nonsense.......he said he was specifically coming to the US because he was interested in "urban decay".... he also specifically sought informantion on Camden and not other cities. Will he visit other cities too......no doubt.....but no matter how you look at it he IS coming to the US to specifically visit Camden as well as other decaying cities.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:24 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Any of these places have even 1/50th the homicide rate of Camden?

Don't play dumb. American urban decay is unique in how it played out geographically and socially. And Camden is maybe the most extreme example.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,323,332 times
I'm sure the OP would agree that only using the homicide rate to measure urban decay is playing pretty dumb.

There are plenty of places in the world with higher murder rates than Camden.

Abandoned buildings don't kill people.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Please don't insult everyones intelligence by attempting to split hairs with your nonsense.......he said he was specifically coming to the US because he was interested in "urban decay".... he also specifically sought informantion on Camden and not other cities. Will he visit other cities too......no doubt.....but no matter how you look at it he IS coming to the US to specifically visit Camden as well as other decaying cities.
He didn't specifically say visiting decaying cities was the only reason he's coming here. But even if it is, so what? It's for his JOB. Maybe his research will help revitalize places like Camden or at least prevent what happened to Camden from happening in other cities.

But Camden will never improve if there's constantly people like you who whenever they hear the word Camden say things like "the only roads you nead to know are the ones out of town" or "why on earth would you want to visit Camden?" Have you even ever been to Camden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia