Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 AM

877 posts, read 2,838,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyLaSalle View Post
The Hudson Mall should be a stronger contender for the worst, but I find myself attracted to it partially because it's so sad. The mall is not that bad, but hardly anyone goes there. It can be like walking through a ghost town sometimes. Some of the stores around it get more business, and I frequent them, too. There's a nice Toys R Us there, an Old Navy, a Marshall's, etc.
I don't know how familiar you are with South Jersey, but Echelon Mall in Voorhees over the last ten years...what a DUMP! It used to be real nice when I was little, but since they've built more shopping centers in that general area, like Marlton Sagemore Promenade for example, these new shopping centers have become more convenient since Echelon Mall is not off of any major highway, and is probably the only mall that isn't. Now they are trying to fix it up, cutting the size of the indoor mall in half and adding more outdoor facilities. They're now calling it "Voorhees Town Center."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Freehold Raceway Mall and Garden State Plaza, though I like Freehold better for having a Sears and an Arby's.
Raceway used to be good back in the 90's, until they "yuppified" it into Central NJ's version of the Mall at Short Hills.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 AM

334 posts, read 731,528 times
I actually like Jersey Gardens. Live close to Livingston Mall and Short Hills Mall which are corny and snobby respectively. Don't live that far from Willowbrook, but that mall has gone down the tubes. I work close to Garden State and I stay far away from there because of the traffic.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
Don't live that far from Willowbrook, but that mall has gone down the tubes.
This is the mall where there was that shooting about 7 years ago. Knew a guy in college who was in the store when it happened. Xmas shopping I think and some guy in Spencer's pulled a gun out and just started shooting.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:22 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,871 times
This is the first time I've ever heard someone call Woodbridge center a small mall lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:06 PM

133 posts, read 502,541 times
The Mall at Short Hills, Riverside Square Mall and Freehold Raceway Mall. Those are my top 3. MSH I grew up going to so there is that sense of nostalgia. The RSM in bergen county is where I go to run into celebrities and I just recently started going th FRM because now I live in Central Jersey.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:48 PM

220 posts, read 623,563 times
My favorite is the one that is closed....

Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM

327 posts, read 881,664 times
favorite mall: Garden State Plaza on a weekday

worst mall: Garden State Plaza on a weekend

Old 07-20-2010, 04:52 PM

245 posts, read 585,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketaustinluver View Post
i have been to woodbridge mall, menlo, jersey gardens, and bridgewater commons or whatever it was called. my favorite would have to be menlo because its close. but bridgewater (the one time i have been there) was huge and very nice. jersey gardens doesnt have any good stores. and woodbridge, although some stores are good, is so small and not really nice at all. whats your favorite mall in nj, whats your least favorite? why? this question was just asked in curiosity lol
Bridgewater Mall is the BEST,IMHO.
Clean,spacious, a good number of stores and restaurants.
And centrally located.

Then I would say Quakerbridge Mall near Trenton.

The malls in Paramus are always too crowded.
And they are closed on Sunday.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM

88,521 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post
My favorite mall is called the internet. I DETEST shopping in NJ, it's such a buy buy buy!! mentatlity that drives me nuts. Garden State Plaza on a saturday? UGH, why do people subject themselves to that?

It helps that I work for a large clothing manufacturer and we have sales at work where I get items around 80% off sometimes as much as 97% off. I would feel like such a sucker walking into a store and paying more than $15 for any clothing item.
I'm with you. I can't imagine having a favorite mall. I hate them all. I would rather sit home and jab myself in the eye with a hot poker than have to go to the Garden State Plaza at Christmastime, which begins in October.

That's a nice perk from your job you have there, icibiu.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-20-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey