Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 AM

64 posts, read 251,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanlynn1012 View Post
Thank you! I needed that. I have it cleaned and everything put away. We jsut got our yard landscaped and it looks great. I jsut need people to want to come in and see it. But thanks for your positvity

My house has been on the market since April 12th, I have had some lookers that love the house but nothing.

My house is 4000 square feet huge kitchen 4 years old.

My house is in Pa I heard that the market here is slower, but I see it's everywhere.

I just called my agent to tell her to lower down to 329.00

So we will see what happens? My house is perfect.. It's just so slow out in pa I guess? But what the other poster said was true.

We had to sell my dream home due to job relocation for my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 08:03 PM

15 posts, read 90,661 times
Hello. I grew up in Little Egg Harbor on Anchor Drive, behind the shopping strip, so I am fimiliar with the area. I still have family on Forecastle Dr. I heard that Osburn Island floods so that may be a problem. When my Grandmother and I moved from there 20 years ago we had the same problem. How long is your contract with the sales agent? Ours waited until our contract was almost up before she sold it. Are they showing your house at all? Now is not supposed to be a good time to sell houses, so that may also be why it isn't selling.

Good Luck.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 AM

94 posts, read 333,647 times
Hi
Thanks for the input. I have never had anthing close to a flood where I am on the island, I am sort of where you first come in. I know our timing is bad but if you need to move you have no say in the bad timing of the market!
Not getting shown much at all It is just very scary right now but I am still hoping for the best.
Thanks

Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,822 times
Smile Get you house shown more often

Shanlynn1012,

I grew up in Little Egg Harbor and still have family in the area. I will suggest you contact my sister in-law Jessica DiFrancia. She has been a top real estate agent in the area and may be able to move things along faster. She works in a private office that is well known to be aggressive in selling listings. She recently worked a deal for me selling my old home and finding a new home.

You can contact her through her web site listed below and let her know I (Vince DiFrancia) sent you.

Little Egg Harbor Homes for Sale. Moving to Little Egg Harbor? Little Egg Harbor Real Estate. Jersey Shore area, Homes in New Jersey, Tuckerton, waterfront homes, Realtor in Little Egg Harbor, Jessica

Good luck in selling your home, I know Jessica will be able to help you.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,783 times
Price is definitely an issue ..it has been said "your home is only worth what someone will pay for it". Like I have said, it is frustrating to lose money on your house. I know someone who may owe on his house because he can't get it sold and had to lower the price.

I think there are also some added issues with buyers. I am a buyer and I can't make any offers until my house sells. I live in Maryland, and we have people coming through. We get the feedback about what a nice house it is, the price is fair, but the people aren't ready to buy yet or aren't in any hurry to make a decision. I wonder if those buyers are like my husband and I . We have gone looking at a few houses , but realized we are getting those sellers excited by looking at their house and we have no intention of putting an offer yet because we can't. So we have just stopped looking until our house sells.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 AM

94 posts, read 333,647 times
We are just crazy becasue we already bought our next house, we had no idea the market was thisbad. And even now we will msot likely owe once this home sells. I jsut cant stand it..... Getting very upset.....
I agree there are a lot of people who cant even sell so they cant look either.. Good Luck to you.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
We are just crazy becasue we already bought our next house, we had no idea the market was thisbad. And even now we will msot likely owe once this home sells. I jsut cant stand it..... Getting very upset.....
I agree there are a lot of people who cant even sell so they cant look either.. Good Luck to you.
Shan,
I had that last year. A really nice family wanted my house , they even put in a bid for it, but contingent on selling their home. I told their realtor that I couldn't do that but if my house was on the market when they were really ready to buy , than I would accept the offer they gave me.
There were many that came thru that hadn't sold their homes yet. My realtor called for feedback from every realtor that brought people thru. The fast selling market ended in NJ in 2005.
Good Luck!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times
Quote:
HAVE to sell our home actually. It has been up for about a month with no calls!!!!
Wow on the market for a Whole month, long gone are the days when houses sold in a few day or a couple of weeks. Before the wonderful housing bubble, a typical length of time for a house to be on the market was 6 months. If you were expecting a quick sale you were deluding yourself. Took me 5 months to sell my house, I listed on January 2nd, and sold on May 18th, and that was a starter home. The higher up you go in price, the more time on the market houses tend to sit.

You could try to lower your price, but I caution you, if your knocking off 10k every few weeks, your training shoppers to wait even longer to buy for even lower prices.

I'm familar with Osborne island, from what I remember, all the houses were bay / lagoon front.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:21 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdifrancia View Post
Shanlynn1012,

I grew up in Little Egg Harbor and still have family in the area. I will suggest you contact my sister in-law Jessica DiFrancia. She has been a top real estate agent in the area and may be able to move things along faster. She works in a private office that is well known to be aggressive in selling listings. She recently worked a deal for me selling my old home and finding a new home.

You can contact her through her web site listed below and let her know I (Vince DiFrancia) sent you.

Little Egg Harbor Homes for Sale. Moving to Little Egg Harbor? Little Egg Harbor Real Estate. Jersey Shore area, Homes in New Jersey, Tuckerton, waterfront homes, Realtor in Little Egg Harbor, Jessica

Good luck in selling your home, I know Jessica will be able to help you.

very nice web site for realtor.
I like her closed listings..it shows what they listed at and what they finally sold at..eye opener for sure

Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,027,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
the entire list is too high.

This is what a lot of homeowners fail to understand -they let their emotions get in the way. The real estate market is - exactly that: a market. Your house is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Right now, there isn't anyone willing to pay 300k for your house. The problem is, at every level of the market (starter, mid-level, mansion, etc), no buyer is satisfied with the quality of the home they can get for what they can reasonably afford. The entire market needs a correction for houses to start selling again.
I have to agree with jy 2007. The housing market has stalled and anything which isn't priced aggressively isn't moving. At all. I know experienced real estate agents who now refuse to take any listings where they feel the seller isn't being realistic.
You got unlucky with the location and timing too - the whole shore was subject to massive speculation and mortgage requirements were just tightened, no more 0 down no doc for the masses.

I can only repeat the advice here - look at the comparable houses for sale and be brutally honest. If you NEED to sell, make sure you are offering a real deal and be grateful for offers as there aren't many out there. Don't chase the market down with little piddly 1% drops. Get aggressive.

And good luck. I hope you bought a while ago and have enough equity for wiggle room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey