Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 43,334 times

Advertisements

So, I have two questions...

My benefits are about to end. This is the first time I have been collecting unemployment benefits. Do I get more? Will the state send me something about extending them?

Also, the way my benefits schedule landed, my first check ended up being for three weeks. So, now, I only have one week's worth of benefits left in this current balance. Seeing as the state has now stopped sending the forms out that tell you when to claim, I don't know what I'm suppose to do. Because it's only one week, should I claim it this coming Monday? Or will I be getting more benefits and should wait for the usual bi-weekly submission?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,965,035 times
I copied the paragraphs below directly from the website. Here's the link so you can get more information and find out what you have to do The Official Web Site for The State of New Jersey. From what I understand, you can collect for up to 99 weeks with the extension. Good luck

On Friday, December 17, 2010, legislation was approved, which extends the end dates of the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program.

This new legislation restores EUC benefits retroactive to November 30, 2010, and extends the program through January 3, 2012. It does not provide any additional benefits to the current maximum of up to ninety-nine (99) weeks of unemployment benefits.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM

13 posts, read 43,334 times
Thank for you the info on the extension. I kind of figured I still had more benefits left to collect.

So, if anyone has an answer to my other question, I'd really appreciate it. I only have one week left on the current balance. Do the other benefits kick in automatically? Meaning I should just continue to collect every two weeks? Or am I waiting for something from the state about the continued benefits? If so, should I collect this coming Monday for the one week's worth of benefits?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:18 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,091,594 times
I'm pretty sure that if you fell under one of the extensions that you just continue filing as normal. Do it anyway and if there's a problem the state will let you know or won't give you access to the system

Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 AM

342 posts, read 718,038 times
I would post this on the unemployment section of this forum- lots of very knowledgeable posters and lots of NJ info.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,126 times
Default plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

i was working forom year 2008 to 2008 and i got unemployment benifits for 3 month.
then i work from 2009 to 2010 and i got 26 weeks, my last check was on the 29th of December 2010.
will i get an extension benefits or not?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
I copied the paragraphs below directly from the website. Here's the link so you can get more information and find out what you have to do The Official Web Site for The State of New Jersey. From what I understand, you can collect for up to 99 weeks with the extension. Good luck

On Friday, December 17, 2010, legislation was approved, which extends the end dates of the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program.

This new legislation restores EUC benefits retroactive to November 30, 2010, and extends the program through January 3, 2012. It does not provide any additional benefits to the current maximum of up to ninety-nine (99) weeks of unemployment benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey