Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:41 PM

5 posts, read 10,384 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My name is Chris nice to meet you all. I'm currently new to the Plainsboro area. I just moved to this area few weeks ago from Princeton.

I must say the area is very nice and quite just the way I like it. I used to live in the downtown section of Princeton and I hated it with a passion because it was way too noisy and loud with college student 24/7.

The only bad thing about Plainsboro is that there is not a lot of stores you can go to. If you need to get to a store you have to drive to Princeton Nassau Park or even Lawrenceville for that matter. They have a Superfesh and a CVS up the street which is pretty expensive.

The people in Plainsboro are very friendly which is a good thing. Who would want to live with a bunch of nasty neighbors? I know I wouldn't want to. I really don't anyone out here which sucks big time. All of my friends live all the way on the other end of NJ. If any of you on here live close by and trying to get to know a great guy then feel free to drop me a PM. If there is anything you want to know about me in the open forum feel free and ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM

912 posts, read 2,447,460 times
My only issue with that area store-wise is that everything seems to be chains, even the restaurants. You have to travel to go to a locally-owned store or restaurant.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 PM

5 posts, read 10,384 times
The Gambler,

What are your favorite restaurants around the local area?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,059,272 times
Shopping and dining is pretty much non-existent in Plainsboro! Hell, they don't even have a gas station!

It's a Grind (Plainsboro Town Centre) is good for coffee on Sunday morning.
You might want to try some of the small, family owned restaurants in Lawrenceville, Acacia and Chambers Walk are quaint and use local growers.
Teddy's, on Main Street in Cranbury is great for brunch.
That CVS, in Plainsboro, has a bad rep. High prices and lousy service.

Wegman's, Trader Joes and Whole Foods in West Windsor are way better than Superfresh.

Plainsboro is a nice town, but it is the epitome of suburbia. Folks, mostly, move there for the great schools and endure long commutes.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
This is a good Italian restaurant.

Romeos

Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Shopping and dining is pretty much non-existent in Plainsboro! Hell, they don't even have a gas station!

It's a Grind (Plainsboro Town Centre) is good for coffee on Sunday morning.
You might want to try some of the small, family owned restaurants in Lawrenceville, Acacia and Chambers Walk are quaint and use local growers.
Teddy's, on Main Street in Cranbury is great for brunch.
That CVS, in Plainsboro, has a bad rep. High prices and lousy service.

Wegman's, Trader Joes and Whole Foods in West Windsor are way better than Superfresh.

Plainsboro is a nice town, but it is the epitome of suburbia. Folks, mostly, move there for the great schools and endure long commutes.
The bolded above is so true.

Also, there are lots of Asian restuarants in Plainsboro; there is an Asian supermarket on Plainsboro Rd., and in the same complex there is a Thai restaurant, an Indian restaurant, a pizza place, a bagel place, a Subway and a few other specialty stores. Also two Chinese places and an Indian place near the Super Fresh.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
hi, i am flying down Monday and going to look at apts at hunter glen. do you know if those are nice apts. im moving there from michigan for my job. i will be working in newark, but i don't really wanna live in the city cause its real pricey there.. i looked on mapquest and i believe plainsboro is about 50 miles ro newark.. anyone have any suggestions..

Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM

249 posts, read 825,423 times
Tre Bar in the Princeton Forrestal Village is great for a nice dinner. It has a Princeton address, but I think it's actual location is in Plainsboro.
Then there's the chain restaurants there as well - Salt Creek Grill & Ruth's Chris.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 AM

249 posts, read 825,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttetreault View Post
hi, i am flying down Monday and going to look at apts at hunter glen. do you know if those are nice apts. im moving there from michigan for my job. i will be working in newark, but i don't really wanna live in the city cause its real pricey there.. i looked on mapquest and i believe plainsboro is about 50 miles ro newark.. anyone have any suggestions..
Hunters Glen is on the same level of quality as Deer Crossing & Fox Run & Ravens Crest.

I guess you're going to be taking the train from Princeton Junction to Newark. There's not a lot of parking at the train station & the wait list for a spot is YEARS long. There is a bus from Plainsboro to the train station, but it only stops at Ravens Crest.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,065,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekee726 View Post
Hunters Glen is on the same level of quality as Deer Crossing & Fox Run & Ravens Crest.

I guess you're going to be taking the train from Princeton Junction to Newark. There's not a lot of parking at the train station & the wait list for a spot is YEARS long. There is a bus from Plainsboro to the train station, but it only stops at Ravens Crest.
Ravens Crest has washers and dryers. Fox Run has gas heat.

I think renting a condo from a private owner in Ravens Crest East (not the apartment side) or Aspen or Tamarron is the best bet as far as quality. You can look on Realtor dot com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey