Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,134,620 times

Advertisements

Evesham? That must have just been randomly picked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
This thread is horrible.
Indeed...................

Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
Alloway New Jersey: white trash with jobs but plenty of attitude.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Hopelawn (pretty much the eastern section of Woodbridge including Fords as well)
Clifton
North Bergen (still experiencing this kind of shift)
Belleville
Bloomfield
Sayreville
South River

Also I think Secaucus should be on this list
Okay this thread is so horrible but do you really spend time in any of those towns?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I just stumbled upon this unique terminology used to describe some of the suburbs around Detroit which are allegedly absorbing alot of the black-flight from Detroit proper. They are described as recently white suburbs which are experiencing large increases in inner city black/hispanic newcomers. I'm not talking about some of the inner suburbs that have already completely emptied of their white populations (i.e. Irvington, Orange, Dover,Roselle etc..). Go ahead and give a list of what you would consider modern day "secondhand suburbs" of NJ. Here's a few I thought of;

West Orange
North Brunswick
South Plainfield
North Plainfield
Piscataway
Maple Shade
Roselle Park
Linden
Ewing
Union
The list from the OP doesn't really fit in line with his description.

For instance, if anything Union twp is getting better. West Orange has always been, well patchy, but certainly never unsafe. Piscataway has always had it's fair share of middle class minorities.

IIRC, North Plainfield has always been a step down from Watchung but not bad. South Plainfield IIRC is OK but certainly was worse with the white flight thing back in the day.

The ones that are iffy on this list would be Roselle Park and Linden, if you ask me. But this is nothing new, they have always been this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey