Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,345,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats because at the moment, he had a cop car inches from his rear end. look at how slow everyone else was going, people see a cop and they slow down. i bet he was passing fine until he looks back and a cop car is coming on him like crazy then getting within inches of him.

its just speculation, but i have seen cops do this and im guessing the cop would have pulled him over if he wasnt just abusing his job and rushing to get to dunkin donuts.

Recently, in a thread titled, "Is it illegal to flash your headlights at slow drivers?"--or something to that effect--you posted the following:

"i actually assumed it was illegal, but thats not going to stop me from doing it. driving like a sissy in the left lane is also illegal. i played a little game this morning with some guy in the left lane, see how close i can get to his rear bumper. it helps pass the time."

Later in that same thread, you posted this:

"i believe the accidents are mostly caused by the people who dont know how to drive properly. so i am improving safety by getting these people where they belong or scaring them off the road entirely. i am also a generous user of the finger. i use it when i end up passing the person on the right (sometimes they are clueless of what is going on) so they need to know i shouldnt have to pass on the right, they are doing something wrong."

From your own words, it certainly sounds like you reserve more rights for yourself than you would grant to police officers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,817 times
I'm pretty sure the cop could have ticked the guy for that.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Recently, in a thread titled, "Is it illegal to flash your headlights at slow drivers?"--or something to that effect--you posted the following:

"i actually assumed it was illegal, but thats not going to stop me from doing it. driving like a sissy in the left lane is also illegal. i played a little game this morning with some guy in the left lane, see how close i can get to his rear bumper. it helps pass the time."

Later in that same thread, you posted this:

"i believe the accidents are mostly caused by the people who dont know how to drive properly. so i am improving safety by getting these people where they belong or scaring them off the road entirely. i am also a generous user of the finger. i use it when i end up passing the person on the right (sometimes they are clueless of what is going on) so they need to know i shouldnt have to pass on the right, they are doing something wrong."

From your own words, it certainly sounds like you reserve more rights for yourself than you would grant to police officers.

It's the Captain. Do u expect anything else. He hates cops. He can tailgate and break the law but a trooper shouldn't be able to move a violator over, according to him. I thought the video was great. The left lane jerk or dick whatever u want to call him was advised. I wish they would do it more.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:00 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I-80 was an HOV from exit 34 route 15 to exit 43 I-287, in the mid 1990s.

What's even more incredible is that stretch of road is only 9 miles long. It seems at least double that when you drive on it.
Going from memory, I remember the HOV ending westbound in Parsippany back then, unless that's where it started, could be. The rest of the clues look like 80 eight zeroes.

I like the stretch of 80 across Utah, you can just fly, speed limit is 75 but its more like 175 there.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
no, because the guy in this video wasnt going slow in the left lane until he had a cop car inches from his rear bumper. when i do it, the guy is already going way too slow and remained in the left lane when given ample time to leave before i would tailgate. the cop just rode right up on his butt at 90mph without hesitation.

good research. if you dont see a difference then thats because you dont want to.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Troopers always fly up your ass in the fast lane on the Turnpike. Only a fool continues to go 55 when they're trying to get through.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
no, because the guy in this video wasnt going slow in the left lane until he had a cop car inches from his rear bumper. the cop just rode right up on his butt at 90mph without hesitatio
How did you determine the car was going 90MPH? I know the troopers will give you a pass for about 10 MPH over but at 90 that car would be 25MPH over. No way does the trooper let you go for that much over.

I watched the video a few times and I think" inches from his rear bumper" is an exaggeration.

You seem to be the only poster who disagrees with what happened.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion even if your the only one of that opinion.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Bottom line, unless all the other lanes are filled with traffic, always best to stay out of the left lane and keep as far right as practical, even if you're going a zillion MPH, until it's time to pass.

And yes that might be 80 since I think the old HOV's did go from Rt 15 to Parsipanny now that I think about it more, that's where it would have been.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Troopers always fly up your ass in the fast lane on the Turnpike. Only a fool continues to go 55 when they're trying to get through.
i will always move when i see the cop coming up like an a-hole, but i like that he pissed off the cop.

PDD, i think the cop car was probably going 90, then came upon that car who was probably going 70 at the time, cop car got on his butt, guy probably slowed it to about 60 or maybe a little less. whenever people see cop cars on the side of the road they tend to slam on their brakes. it does surprise me that more people arent agreeing with me. i cant imagine im the only one who has seen a cop flying up the left lane and everyone getting out of his way because he is an almighty cop.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM

Well it's one thing that cops can and should do is fly around the left lanes, and I agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey