Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,863 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the walk out basement models will include a walk out deck or just have a gate in front of the back sliding door to meet code? does the 35k include this or is it just a premium for the lot only and additional for walkout? Has anyone purchased a walk out basement model?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM

31 posts, read 56,625 times
For media, has anyone purchased the structure panel? If so, why is there the need to do so?

Also, did anyone purchase the wireless access point? Is this necessary to guarantee coverage in the entire house? We are purchasing the Atlantic.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM

7 posts, read 12,644 times
Hi all,

I am seriously considering purchasing the Essex model home but wanted to ask what you spent a good chunk of your upgrade money on? Of the 10k incentive I was planning on spending roughly half on the fireplace alone, insulating the garage (as suggested by my realtor), adding a gas BBQ line (I love to grill!), getting two garage door openers installed and adding the tray ceiling in the master bedroom. Based on the upgrade prices that already puts me around 9890! I havent even factored in the hardwood flooring in the living and dining areas as well as the family room which is roughly another 5K (unless I have my prices wrong!).
Anyone have any experience on installing garage door openers and the ease or difficulty in putting them in? I believe this may have been asked earlier, but does the garage already have the outlets for the openers if you were to get them on your own (my fault for not checking the outlet outlay thoroughly enough).

Thanks in advance and hopefully we will be neighbors soon

Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM

283 posts, read 667,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1605 View Post
Does anyone know if the walk out basement models will include a walk out deck or just have a gate in front of the back sliding door to meet code? does the 35k include this or is it just a premium for the lot only and additional for walkout? Has anyone purchased a walk out basement model?
Perry1605:
The wallkout basement premium of $35K includes the walkout basement itself plus the lot near wooded area for those who love it. For type of walkout basement you need to contact builder's office.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerNJ View Post
For media, has anyone purchased the structure panel? If so, why is there the need to do so?

Also, did anyone purchase the wireless access point? Is this necessary to guarantee coverage in the entire house? We are purchasing the Atlantic.
FirstTimeBuyerNJ:

We purchased Structure panel worth $350 from MS media. It will be in basement with all modules for phone and cable. This iwll also house the customer's router and modem and all ethernet lines will be terminated here. It is almost essential.

We did not order wifi points and we plan to install the market available wifi router at each floor. That is cheap and sufficient for us.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhawk84 View Post
Hi all,

I am seriously considering purchasing the Essex model home but wanted to ask what you spent a good chunk of your upgrade money on? Of the 10k incentive I was planning on spending roughly half on the fireplace alone, insulating the garage (as suggested by my realtor), adding a gas BBQ line (I love to grill!), getting two garage door openers installed and adding the tray ceiling in the master bedroom. Based on the upgrade prices that already puts me around 9890! I havent even factored in the hardwood flooring in the living and dining areas as well as the family room which is roughly another 5K (unless I have my prices wrong!).
Anyone have any experience on installing garage door openers and the ease or difficulty in putting them in? I believe this may have been asked earlier, but does the garage already have the outlets for the openers if you were to get them on your own (my fault for not checking the outlet outlay thoroughly enough).

Thanks in advance and hopefully we will be neighbors soon
Hellhawk84:

The $10K incentive is gone since 1st April and it is no more available.

There is outlet available for electric door opener and one can install it easily though other contractor. We just ordered with the builder's contractor so that we can have garage-ready home.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Thanks so much Yogesh, thats great to know that I can just buy the one of my choice with ease. Did you by any chance get any flooring upgrades and what is the quality like?

Just as an update the 10k incentive is back as of 7/28/12 as I just went earlier this week, so for those looking you can get the money again!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellhawk84 View Post
Thanks so much Yogesh, thats great to know that I can just buy the one of my choice with ease. Did you by any chance get any flooring upgrades and what is the quality like?

Just as an update the 10k incentive is back as of 7/28/12 as I just went earlier this week, so for those looking you can get the money again!
Hellhawk84:

Congratulations for incentives! it seems builder changes incentives as per market conditions. It is indeed great time for people sitting on fence deciding about buying a home here.

People can have flooring of carpet, harwood or tiles depending upon personal preference and how much they are willing to spend. Also each flooring has some advantages and some disadvantages. We have selected tiles in foyer, foyer extension area, kitchen/dinette area and laundry room. Others areas are with carpet. We took all std carpet which comes with the home. Only extra we spent was for tiles in foyer extension area (level 1 for $1,423).

For foyer area some go for hardwood floor (good decor) and some go for tiles. Since people entering the home may have shoes dirty or come from heavy rain, hardwood may get damaged, hence tiles is preferred.

Carpets can be replaced easily after getting std one. For example, for 15 x 19 Family room, the builder offers level 1 carpet for $418 and level 8 for $3,364! Our thinking was carpet (compared to hardwood) is warmer to feet during winter night and having carpeted area upstairs, the noise of someone walking above will not disturb people on first floor. Hardwood has advantage that the floor can be cleaned easily. There is no right or wrong answer.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerNJ View Post

I honestly believe you would be able setup your own wireless network easily without a contractor. Best buy and associated retailers would likely be able to advise on a wireless extender or access point.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM

44 posts, read 113,554 times
We did decide to purchase a chase pipe from basement to attic for future use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey