Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 12:39 PM

283 posts, read 667,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhkh05 View Post
Can anyone of you please let me know what is included in standard electrical package. I am supposed to meet Scott and Mike in 2 weeks.
Abhk05:

The contractors will tell you what is included in standard package and what is not. We moved in last year, and selected some of the items offered by the contractors, and others we did not. In short, the items, which will be difficult to install or needs to break the wall, should be purchased now irrespective of cost. Other items can be shopped around, if you wish.

1) Electrical work by D &C Electricals: (Scott)

• The most important thing I recommend others is to upgrade the main electrical panel from 150A to 200A. It will be useful when the electrical load is increased in future due to addition of more appliances, etc. If it is not done now, the cost will be more in future, as the contractor will need 2 hour shutdown window and permission from PSE&G to re-connect the power.
  • The builder provides six points free for recessed lighting in the ceiling. You can add it now (we opted for it) or later.
  • The contractor also offers installing of ceiling fan fixtures and that for chandelier.
  • Other thing offered by him are additional electrical or lighting points, outside lighting, piano type switches (instead of std. soft switches), lighting below kitchen cabinet, installing any attic exhaust fan, etc.
  • Builder provides standard lighting. We did not opt for any fancy lights at that time, since they can be purchased and installed later.
2) Media & Control wiring by M S Audio Mike)

We opted for the following:

• 2" pipe from attic to basement for future wiring. This is important to extend any cable from basement to 2nd floor in future will require breaking of wall, if not done now.
  • Structure panel in the basement for all modules for phone and cable.
  • Cable outlets in bedrooms with Cat6 wiring
  • Pre-wire for wall mounted HD TV (will need to break the wall if done later)
  • Central alarm with sensors for basement and first floor windows. The alarm has a small microphone with microchip processor. The sound will be picked up by the microphone and will be analyzed by microchip to verify that it is due to glass-breaking only. Additional monitoring pad is available for 2nd floor room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 AM

90 posts, read 153,059 times
does anyone else have baby frogs jumping around in their yard?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,340 times
Thanks Yogesh

Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,271,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Snowpail:

You are correct and fresh air is a plus point to live in Summerfields.

In fact many Somerset county towns (Hillsborough,Millstone, Franklin, etc.) have very fresh air due to vast open space and no obstacles like high-rise buildings. Summerfields is surrounded by Weston canal (from where the breeze comes), agricultural fields, ponds, preserved area, etc. The wind may be little less when more new buildings are coming up near the development.
Summerfields is not surrounded by the canal, the D&R runs close to the development, like it does for a ton of residents in the township (Weston Canal is a road, not the name of the canal, just incase you thought otherwise). The crazy wind, well it has nothing to do with the canal. If you live right by a large open space/preserved land/unobstructed field, as I do as well and I do not reside in Summerfields, you will find yourself being hit by wind that is created by something other than the stinky/dirty canal.

Last edited by Informed Info; 07-03-2013 at 09:33 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerNJ View Post
Anyone looking into lawn care services? i.e., TruGreen or Scotts?
Any advice would be great.
I use TruGreen and have for years, have been very happy.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboo1 View Post
Yogesh,

A man from the tax assessors office came to my house about a month after we moved in and asked to look around. He asked my how many bedrooms and bathrooms we had as he pretended he did not know the layout of the house (he had a floor plan) although he had been in this model many times before. He also asked to see the basement. I asked him at the time about the tax rate of 1.8% and what the new rate would be. He said over 2% and up to 2.9% We now know it to be 2.1% He told me that the township had 4 different rates in the same town and that they were thinking of raising it for this new home community. He also indicated that rate were lower in the area close to New Brunswick. I mentioned to him that I'm getting the impression that the township is using that fact that we are successful enough to move in this new community, and are being punished for our success. He did not deny this. I think that as a community we should investigate what the other areas of Franklin township/Somerset is paying and petition as a group for the lower rate before it it too late. We need to act now before those tax bill come out. Let's not be taken advantage of.

Does anyone know about this or can investigate this. There are older homes in the community as well as canal walk across the street. What tax rate are they paying? Just curious!! I will be happy to help organize the petition for a lower rate in lined with the rest of somerset. As a group we can get things done together.
The township does not have 4 different ratables.

Successful enough to move in to Franklin Township and being punished for it? Come on. The tax assessor didn't deny it b/c he couldn't believe you actually said that out loud or you confused property taxes with tax rate.

Just like every other town, the ratable is what it is. No one cares what part of the town or what you live in. Trust me.

"Older" communities are paying the same ratable you are.

Call the township tax assessor's office if you have questions. Here's the contact info: Richard Carabelli, Tax Assessor
732-873-2500 ext. 6320

Last edited by Informed Info; 07-03-2013 at 10:13 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mount everest View Post
Retriever:
It is not fair to make fun of other member. Everyone has right to express himself, although we may not agree with Yogesh or anyone at all the times. Otherwise people will stop visiting this group. This is among the most active forums of any housing development in NJ. Let us keep it that way. No more name-calling or putting others down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Apparently you didn't notice the little winking emoticon that I appended to my comment. That should have been a clue that I was saying this in jest.

However, to turn to the reason for my statement, after I earlier posted well-researched facts regarding the value of both basement dehumidifiers and attic exhaust fans, Yogesh informed me that I was wrong.

I was not wrong, and was only trying to pass along some information that would help homeowners to save on energy costs in the long run. He could have ignored what I said, but chose to state--incorrectly--that I was wrong.

Just a thought, Mount Everest:

What I would suggest you do, is start an invitation only Yahoo or Google group for the residents or "to be" residents to discuss the issues surrounding your Summerfields development. This is what we do in our 'hood.

This is a thread in the NJ forum, on CD. Not an exclusive "Summerfields of Franklin Twp forum", created by someone who lives in Summerfields.

And especially if one wants to keep the misinformation rolling along.....create your own, or stop being so offended when someone is called out for providing misinformation.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:54 AM

19,148 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Summerfields is not surrounded by the canal, the D&R runs close to the development, like it does for a ton of residents in the township (Weston Canal is a road, not the name of the canal, just incase you thought otherwise). The crazy wind, well it has nothing to do with the canal. If you live right by a large open space/preserved land/unobstructed field, as I do as well and I do not reside in Summerfields, you will find yourself being hit by wind that is created by something other than the stinky/dirty canal.
You are correct about the location of the canal, the name of the road, and the actual source of the winds in the area, but you are very much off-base with the statement about the canal being stinky/dirty.

Speaking as someone who has taken long hikes along the canal several times weekly for the past 16 years, I have never smelled any offensive odors from the canal, even during the warmer months when algae can give it a green surface coating in some areas. This water flows directly from the Delaware River, and provides a significant part of the domestic water supply for Central NJ. The presence of large numbers of bass & other fish, as well as turtles, crayfish, and frogs is also evidence of its purity.

The water may appear murky at times, due to the red clay of the area, but this murkiness should not be confused with contamination, and anyone who has ever spent time along the canal knows that there is no odor from this water source.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
does anyone else have baby frogs jumping around in their yard?
Snowpail:

Yes, we do have brown colored small frogs (about 1" long) in our garden. They are difficult to identify as they blend with wood color. They are called Western Chorus frogs (garden variety type frogs) and found all over US. They are harmless. We find then in our front garden.

Western chorus frog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yogesh

Old 07-04-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Sawdustmaker:

There is small Millstone River runs parallel to the Weston Canal Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey