Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,271,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
You are correct about the location of the canal, the name of the road, and the actual source of the winds in the area, but you are very much off-base with the statement about the canal being stinky/dirty.

Speaking as someone who has taken long hikes along the canal several times weekly for the past 16 years, I have never smelled any offensive odors from the canal, even during the warmer months when algae can give it a green surface coating in some areas. This water flows directly from the Delaware River, and provides a significant part of the domestic water supply for Central NJ. The presence of large numbers of bass & other fish, as well as turtles, crayfish, and frogs is also evidence of its purity.
I'm sorry, you're right.

I confused D&R canal with Raritan river. Where a client of mine ate her catch and ended up in the hospital with toxic something or other. I also went to RPS, right on the river, "by the ever flowing waters, of the River, Raritan", and that stench is memorable. Not every day, mind you, but it was there enough to be memorable.

Kinda like when I cross Queens Bridge or Landing Lane Bridge, and have to roll my windows up b/c the river smells so bad.

Or while sitting in traffic on Easton Ave and have to do the same - b/c the river is right there.

It's not every day, not every time I'm out and about and crossing QB or Landing or on Easton, but it happens enough to know that it's the river.

Frogs/ducks/geese/turtles/mud-bugs/catfish/skeeters live in or love the stagnant retention ponds in my development too. I see people fishing out of those things all the time - while they aren't allowed to (it's posted) and for a reason. I always cringe. With a pond covered by geese, do the geese get out of the pond to poop? Yuck. Crayfish? They're called mud-bugs for a reason. They are the cockroaches of shellfish.

But you are correct and I was wrong.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 05:45 AM

40 posts, read 67,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Just a thought, Mount Everest:

What I would suggest you do, is start an invitation only Yahoo or Google group for the residents or "to be" residents to discuss the issues surrounding your Summerfields development. This is what we do in our 'hood.

This is a thread in the NJ forum, on CD. Not an exclusive "Summerfields of Franklin Twp forum", created by someone who lives in Summerfields.

And especially if one wants to keep the misinformation rolling along.....create your own, or stop being so offended when someone is called out for providing misinformation.
Sawdustmaker:

I thought the discussion was ended long ago.

Nowhere anyone has said that this group is for Summerfield residents only. All are welcome to post their views. We are aware that city-data forum is a public forum. There is no moderator or owner of this group.

No one gains by spreading misinformation. Everyone is expressing his/her opinion and no one should be considered as subject matter expert or ultimate in knowledge. My comment few months ago was general comment to our group members and not a particular person or group of persons.

Let us keep the spirit of our group going.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM

90 posts, read 153,057 times
does anyone know who won the HOA election? maybe they should be in charge or appoint someone to run a board or facebook 'like' page. a place where people the currently live in the community can help each other.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM

31 posts, read 56,656 times
Agree on keeping the spirits up in this forum, it is great to share information among one another and no one should be bullying others if misinformation is put out, mistakes happen

Also, in May I emailed the askaa.com email address (provided in early Jan for those who could not attend the meeting but still wanted to submit their vote) inquiring on the results of the election, but no response. Any information on this would be great.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM

13 posts, read 20,144 times
This is what they told me.

Email 1 - While the original vote that was scheduled was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy, a new date was set and homeowners were notified of the new date and the election occurred on January 22, 2013 with Alex Lyashok and Robert Miller being elected to the two available seats on the board.

Email 2 - All homeowners were sent the revised notification and proxy ballot, I understand your frustration for not being notified of the results. We received proxies after the second mailing from homeowners of all different sections of your communities, so this comes as a surprise to me that you were not aware of the meeting date of January 22, 2013.

Regards,
Patrick
Association Advisors

BTW...I never got 2nd notification. I confirmed with several people and nobody got 2nd notification.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,654 times
Default Sprinker at the backyard

Does anyone install or extend sprinkler at the backyard after moving in? Its a pain to water regularly on the backyard.. one guy came and checked.. he is quoting $1100 to install around 10 sprinkler heads and replace the controller to support 8 zones.. does this reasonable?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:36 PM

90 posts, read 153,057 times
I've noticed that several homes in the neighborhood are having some work done on their black asphalt driveways, either a re-finish or re-pave. Given the amount of homes that are having this work done, I assume this is something from the builder and not something that each individual home is paying for. I haven't been offered any such service. Could someone please explain what they are doing and why?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM

8 posts, read 49,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
I've noticed that several homes in the neighborhood are having some work done on their black asphalt driveways, either a re-finish or re-pave. Given the amount of homes that are having this work done, I assume this is something from the builder and not something that each individual home is paying for. I haven't been offered any such service. Could someone please explain what they are doing and why?

I believe this is a private company that is going door to door offering estimates on getting the driveway coated, and not the builder.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 PM

8 posts, read 49,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
does anyone know who won the HOA election? maybe they should be in charge or appoint someone to run a board or facebook 'like' page. a place where people the currently live in the community can help each other.
There already is a Facebook page created by some homeowners:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/134000390120273/

Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 PM

283 posts, read 667,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsingh View Post
There already is a Facebook page created by some homeowners:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/134000390120273/
tsingh:

Thanks for the facebook link.
Yogesh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey