Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 AM

106 posts, read 205,861 times

Advertisements

I am considering Bayonne as one of the places, as I will be moving to NJ from Portland, OR next month. Is there enough parking and how easy it is to find a spot? Is it safe to leave your car on the street? I heard that in Jersey City they have certain times you have to remove your car when they clean the roads or something, is there anything like that in Bayonne?

Any other info about Bayonne would be appreciated too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM

83 posts, read 224,837 times
Parking is really tough in Bayonne, and it's not the greatest of towns to live in. You may get lucky and find a place on a 'good block', but I would look elsewhere if I were you.
Yes, they do have street cleaners that come around and you have to avoid certain sides of the streets on certain days.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks29 View Post
Parking is really tough in Bayonne, and it's not the greatest of towns to live in. You may get lucky and find a place on a 'good block', but I would look elsewhere if I were you.
Yes, they do have street cleaners that come around and you have to avoid certain sides of the streets on certain days.
What , Bayonne is a nice town or small city... The only thing wrong with it is the retail on Main street , but crime is low....parking varies block to block. There are blocks or streets with large swaths on parking spaces.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
I agree that Bayonne is a decent place to live--relative to the reality that it is part of Hudson County.
While it is light years from the civility of...let's say...the better areas of Hunterdon, Morris, and Somerset Counties, it is still the best place to live in Hudson County.

That being said, parking can be difficult at times. What does help to some extent is resident parking permits in some neighborhoods. In order to discourage out-of-towners from parking near the Light Rail stations, only residents with the correct sticker on their window can legally park on the street in those areas.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I agree that Bayonne is a decent place to live--relative to the reality that it is part of Hudson County.
While it is light years from the civility of...let's say...the better areas of Hunterdon, Morris, and Somerset Counties, it is still the best place to live in Hudson County.
I agree completely. Good place to live if you like the urban environment and it has great proximity to the city.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:15 AM

83 posts, read 224,837 times
Whatever you all say, but I would avoid that place.
Oh, the above posters reminded me of another thing about Bayonne. The people are a little weird. Which has been proved by the comment 'it's the best place to live in Hudson County'.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:43 PM

13 posts, read 26,022 times
Default Just Moved Recently

To the middle of Bayonne. I thought parking would be awful, but usually after 7 I get close street parking.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:13 PM

106 posts, read 205,861 times
Reason I thought about Bayonne is that its close enough to NJCU, where I will be a student, and it seems more peaceful, laid back and slightly more affordable than Jersey City so basically these are the only two places I am considering, since I need to be close to the school and Hoboken is too expensive. The fact that people are weird there or whatever else has little to do with my overall decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey