Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM

526 posts, read 2,068,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
I agree Westminster and Elmora are pretty nice. If you have to live in Elizabeth I would probably try those townhouses in the waterfront. But I'm not too sure.

I know you said you can't base Elizabeth off of some pictures. But here's some pictures I would like for you to see of Elizabeth. Although I don't have any of Westminster. Oh well this is for you to see how Elizabeth looks like.

Elizabethpics1's photos and albums on webshots

PS sorry if I have Linden or Westfield they're not sections of Elizabeth.
Actually, I wouldn't go anywhere near those townhouses. None of them are selling, so Elizabeth decided to make them Section 8 housing. Many of the residents who used to live in the Pioneer Homes projects they knocked down now occupy those townhouses. Not exactly your ideal neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The Westminster section is likely a bit safer than Elmora, but my preference would be mainly based on much nicer housing stock, the larger/better-maintained lots, and the relative lack of congestion in Westminster. The overall ambiance is Westminster is just much nicer than in Elmora.
I would say Elmora Hills is the safest area in Elizabeth. Pretty much isolated away from any real rough neighborhoods. Westminster has beautiful housing but is very close to that Oakwood Plaza complex aka Pierce Manor.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM

46 posts, read 83,853 times
Default dont do it

i lived in elizabeth almost all my life.i saw it go from a nice town to a real crap hole.you cant drive through town at night with out worring you might get car jacked or shot.and there a lot of gangs ,my daughter is a teacher in elizabeth and she moved out just so she does not have to send her kids there,and thats just grammer school.at the high school the need a ton of cops there when school gets out.if you want to live some were thats close to ny trains look around rahway nj its an up and comming town.

Last edited by olddude; 09-26-2011 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
The portion of Elizabeth that borders Union is nice. I work near there and there are few, if any, incidents (at least on our lists)

Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 AM

21 posts, read 49,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
look around rahway nj its an up and comming town.

They've been saying that for YEARS. Ain't gonna happen. You have the same problem as other northern towns. Nice areas surrounded by **** areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey