Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:05 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,292,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
Interesting. Plans for a ferry? Interesting. I don't know a lot about Elizabeth, but perhaps it has the ingredients for a hot, up and coming, etc. town. If you look at the types of towns that have undergone redevelopment, transitions, and really turned around -- there has often been some "commonality" so to speak.

There has to be many factors that contribute to this type of change and there are certain factors that can prevent it as well.

Anyway, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,370,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
A ton of great info there -- and thank you very much!!! What is the old MOTBY? Sounds like there is a lot going on in Bayonne. The Hudson County/Bayonne Park area sounds very nice.

Thanks again.
There is also a Cruise Port in Bayonne and that will probably grow in the future. Right now you can get a ship to the Caribbean there even in the Winter!
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sail from there.

Diane

Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 AM

31 posts, read 49,161 times
Default Harrison, New Jersey

Harrison, New Jersey

The Real Deal - $1B project begins in New Jersey (http://www.therealdeal.net/breaking_news/2007/10/17/1192663360.php - broken link)

Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 PM

Anyone have any opinions on points further west, northwest, etc.

I've been hearing things about "out Rt. 23" and out that way. What is the Vernon Valley/Great Gorge area like these days? West Milford? Butler?

Thanks again.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
There is also a Cruise Port in Bayonne and that will probably grow in the future. Right now you can get a ship to the Caribbean there even in the Winter!
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sail from there.

Diane
If there is a "Cruise Port" in Bayonne, they probably aren't that far away from a ferry to NYC. I think a ferry can transform a town/city. Not that everyone will use it, however, it's alternative form of transportation, and you should see more lines, buses, rails, trains, etc. Thanks again.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 PM

31 posts, read 105,913 times
Someone said Long Branch...already pretty "discovered." Hard to find a two bedroom decent condo there for under $500K already. And a long way til the schools are decent.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 AM

20 posts, read 74,233 times
on page one some asked about trains from Hackettstown:

yeah there is a trian right into Bayonne and as far as revamping they are doing a ton just not yet on main street mostly mountian ave and the areas surrounding. the town has been voted in the top 100 places to live by one of the major mags for the last two years (I cant remember which though sorry) the shops are small and mostly family owned, its friendly and safe yeah they could do more to make it 'pretty' but it works how it is and always has. very few store fronts are empty and when a store leaves with in a month there is usually something in its place - taco bell was empty for three weeks before they started work to change it to the white castle it is now. with in the last year there has been a ton of new places to come in and few leave. Ive been buying crickets at the pet store there for the last 10 years up and coming though? who knows I think its just keeping up with the growth in areas like Long Valley and Mansfield

Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 AM

857 posts, read 2,003,166 times
I just moved to Union Township, and I see a lot of potential there. They just put a rail stop in a few years ago. You have to transfer at Newark to get to NY Penn, but even so, it's only a 45 minute commute. If they build additional tunnels under the river to the new penn station as planned, It will be a <30 minute ride to midtown.
There are some really nice neighborhoods that are still affordable. And it is convenient to EVERYTHING. There is every store imaginable within the town itself and in the surrounding areas. Rt 78, rt 22, and the pkwy intersect within the town, and it's a 15 minute drive to EWR.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM

438 posts, read 965,592 times
I would not put Bayonne on that list. i could see why people like it because of an easy commute but there is zero property to be had. way too city-like for me.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 PM

6 posts, read 67,766 times
Collingswood New Jersey is great, on high speed line to Philly and/or AC.

Merchantville is affordable too. I am trying to sell a 3 bedroom twin there for just $150k. It is on buyowner dot com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey