Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,731,117 times

Advertisements

there are sh**** wawas ya know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM

46 posts, read 79,945 times
The Wawas in Kearny is definitely sh****.

There were plenty of employees but the outside grounds were unkempt, and the floor inside was sticky. Sometimes theres a foul smell outside could be the drainage system or carcasses . And who knew that it was appropriate and sanitary to handle food and talk on a dirty cell phone.

Yup nothing major ....

But when you add an employee preparing my sandwich but cant wrap it due to excessive oil, then decides to take one glove off with her teeth , so now theres 4-5 inches of saliva hanging from mouth to glove (over my sandwich). She violently flaps her hand (over my sandwich) , the darn glove finally comes off. She smiles and hands me my sandwich, and with a smile I said " Did you just slobber on my food".

That was in February maybe things have changed, but I'll never know.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM

19,158 posts, read 25,396,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsNGravy View Post
But when you add an employee preparing my sandwich but cant wrap it due to excessive oil, then decides to take one glove off with her teeth , so now theres 4-5 inches of saliva hanging from mouth to glove (over my sandwich). She violently flaps her hand (over my sandwich) , the darn glove finally comes off. She smiles and hands me my sandwich, and with a smile I said " Did you just slobber on my food".
Did you actually accept that sandwich and eat it?
Personally, I would have just walked out and left the sandwich sitting on the counter.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,190,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Did you actually accept that sandwich and eat it?
Personally, I would have just walked out and left the sandwich sitting on the counter.

You pay first then go pick it up.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM

19,158 posts, read 25,396,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You pay first then go pick it up.

Interesting factoid!
Somehow, I manage to avoid patronizing any of these places (Wawa, QuickChek, 7-11) except for the occasional (once or twice a year) purchase of a bottle of water.

While I would not have contemplated buying a sandwich from one of these places, at least I now know that I should avoid them for anything that is not pre-packaged.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM

50,980 posts, read 36,672,261 times
I have to admit to mixed feelings about Wawa progressing north...I liked having something you guys didn't for a change!

I am not as big a fan of their coffee since they replaced the pots with carafes (it's not hot enough now) but I get gas there on my way to work, and the attendants all seem exceptionally polite and pleasant. It's nice for a change, regardless of whether they're told to be or not.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,190,019 times
Quote:
Interesting factoid!
Somehow, I manage to avoid patronizing any of these places (Wawa, QuickChek, 7-11) except for the occasional (once or twice a year) purchase of a bottle of water.

While I would not have contemplated buying a sandwich from one of these places, at least I now know that I should avoid them for anything that is not pre-packaged.

I get the freshly made sandwiches on a regular basis. Very tasty.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM

614 posts, read 1,377,846 times
I know the Kearny location is pretty new but I'm guessing its a crap hole the minute it opened lol.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,530,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsNGravy View Post
The Wawas in Kearny is definitely sh****.

There were plenty of employees but the outside grounds were unkempt, and the floor inside was sticky. Sometimes theres a foul smell outside could be the drainage system or carcasses . And who knew that it was appropriate and sanitary to handle food and talk on a dirty cell phone.

Yup nothing major ....

That was in February maybe things have changed, but I'll never know.
Maybe because Kearny is s***

Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 AM

802 posts, read 1,684,682 times
Quote:
...and you don't even have to go there in person for some of that people-watching.
This site has daily photos of some of the more extreme cases who grace the aisles of Wal-Marts around the country:
Funny Pictures at WalMart

Here are a couple of examples of Wal-People who were recently photographed in Nevada.
That website has viruses. Warning to others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey