Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

On my other thread, a bud here of mine suggested I post whatever other interesting stories I might have about my trip back to NJ. I do have one, though it didn't specifically happen in NJ.

I flew a connector flight scheduled Ontario (CA) to Houston to Newark. It's a longer journey since you're going out/down - out/up. I was trying to save a little money for the trip out and in the end I decided to leave my toddler home with Daddy--a GOOD idea (DH's idea, actually) considering the way my journey turned out! And now for the story...

Ontario to Houston was fine. I mad-dashed for my Houston-Newark connector because I only had twenty minutes between flights. But when I got there, the flight was delayed. That was fine...no biggie. A half hour late lifting off, a half hour late getting to my sister's in Bergen County...didn't seem too traumatic. Finally we lifted off. By the time the flight was almost done, I was pretty tired, some 7 hours in the air. But finally we were approaching Newark...yay!

We approached, and circled. And circled. And circled and...you get the idea. FORTY minutes later, the captain announced that we were running out of fuel and would have to fly to Dulles (in Washington) to refuel! Ughhhhhhhhhh. Whatever...it happens. I mean it was a heavy air traffic day (night) and we couldn't get permission to land and we were running out of gas. We all on the plane pretty much groaned, but what can ya do? Jump off? So we flew into Dulles and circled THERE. Oh my god. People were yelling, "Land the plane!" So that part was kind of funny.

We landed. And sat. And sat. For an hour. And a half. Why? Because of...The Naked Man of Flight 1010.

Apparently, a First Class passenger (remind me never to fly First Class), while we were "parked" at Dulles refueling, started choking. People tried to give him water, but he refused and ran into the airplane bathroom and came out...naked. Entirely, or so they say. I didn't see any of it. I was frantically making calls from my seat with my head between my legs so I could hear, letting my sister and son know how late I might be getting in.

I heard people gasping or laughing or saying "Oh my god!" but as I said, I was busily dialing and explaining. I did see an ambulance pull up, and several police cars. I was like, WHAT the...? Then I saw all the cops running in one direction, toward the nose of the plane. I was in an aisle seat and it happened way up front so a bunch of us didn't see it...but a select, lucky few witnessed the naked man running onto the tarmac and being wrestled butt-nude onto the ground by about a bajillion cops.

They hauled him into the ambulance and who knows, maybe he's still in Washington to this day. (In a strait jacket.) Perhaps they're just now releasing him home. If they are, I'm sure he rented a car this time. I wonder what the fine is for running on the freeway naked?

We FINALLY touched down in Newark three hours late. As we hit the ground, the entire plane burst into applause.

So that's my funny story! Only me. Jeez.

The rest of the trip was fun. And fully-dressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
OMG Jerz what a story

hey enjoy your Jersey stay

Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
OMG Jerz what a story

hey enjoy your Jersey stay
I did...I loved it...once I was on the ground with clothed people I was familiar with, everything went swimmingly, except for the Toll Plaza Troglodyte and the Frowning Starbucks Woman.

But everything else was awesome.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
See what happens when you let the fruits and nuts out of crazyfornia???? lol

Old 10-18-2007, 01:42 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,588 times
Welcome back to Jerzee...JerZ

Seems like they had a homecoming party planned out for ya..lol

=============

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
On my other thread, a bud here of mine suggested I post whatever other interesting stories I might have about my trip back to NJ. I do have one, though it didn't specifically happen in NJ.

I flew a connector flight scheduled Ontario (CA) to Houston to Newark. It's a longer journey since you're going out/down - out/up. I was trying to save a little money for the trip out and in the end I decided to leave my toddler home with Daddy--a GOOD idea (DH's idea, actually) considering the way my journey turned out! And now for the story...

Ontario to Houston was fine. I mad-dashed for my Houston-Newark connector because I only had twenty minutes between flights. But when I got there, the flight was delayed. That was fine...no biggie. A half hour late lifting off, a half hour late getting to my sister's in Bergen County...didn't seem too traumatic. Finally we lifted off. By the time the flight was almost done, I was pretty tired, some 7 hours in the air. But finally we were approaching Newark...yay!

We approached, and circled. And circled. And circled and...you get the idea. FORTY minutes later, the captain announced that we were running out of fuel and would have to fly to Dulles (in Washington) to refuel! Ughhhhhhhhhh. Whatever...it happens. I mean it was a heavy air traffic day (night) and we couldn't get permission to land and we were running out of gas. We all on the plane pretty much groaned, but what can ya do? Jump off? So we flew into Dulles and circled THERE. Oh my god. People were yelling, "Land the plane!" So that part was kind of funny.

We landed. And sat. And sat. For an hour. And a half. Why? Because of...The Naked Man of Flight 1010.

Apparently, a First Class passenger (remind me never to fly First Class), while we were "parked" at Dulles refueling, started choking. People tried to give him water, but he refused and ran into the airplane bathroom and came out...naked. Entirely, or so they say. I didn't see any of it. I was frantically making calls from my seat with my head between my legs so I could hear, letting my sister and son know how late I might be getting in.

I heard people gasping or laughing or saying "Oh my god!" but as I said, I was busily dialing and explaining. I did see an ambulance pull up, and several police cars. I was like, WHAT the...? Then I saw all the cops running in one direction, toward the nose of the plane. I was in an aisle seat and it happened way up front so a bunch of us didn't see it...but a select, lucky few witnessed the naked man running onto the tarmac and being wrestled butt-nude onto the ground by about a bajillion cops.

They hauled him into the ambulance and who knows, maybe he's still in Washington to this day. (In a strait jacket.) Perhaps they're just now releasing him home. If they are, I'm sure he rented a car this time. I wonder what the fine is for running on the freeway naked?

We FINALLY touched down in Newark three hours late. As we hit the ground, the entire plane burst into applause.

So that's my funny story! Only me. Jeez.

The rest of the trip was fun. And fully-dressed.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post

Haha..good one Bob

Old 10-18-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Ah ha ha ha! Actually...this flight was out of Houston, Bob! LOL! Durned southerners.............

Old 10-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
Welcome back to Jerzee...JerZ

Seems like they had a homecoming party planned out for ya..lol

=============
Seriously! But leave it to me, I managed to miss it anyway. D'oh. I was the cheapie with the non-window seat...all I saw were the cops...and if I wanted to see multiple cops chasing after one insane naked person, I could get that no more than 30 miles away in Hollywood.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ah ha ha ha! Actually...this flight was out of Houston, Bob! LOL! Durned southerners.............
Texas (like Florida) isn't the "south"- dontcha know they consider themselves a whole separate country??? lol

Are you sure is wasn't someone who made the same connection you did from Ontario?????

Old 10-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Texas (like Florida) isn't the "south"- dontcha know they consider themselves a whole separate country??? lol

Are you sure is wasn't someone who made the same connection you did from Ontario?????
LOL...I knew you were gonna ask that, Bob. Well, if it were me, and I had the clams to drop on a First Class ticket, I probably wouldn't be taking a cheapie connection flight. I'd just fly straight through.

But no, I'm not sure. Who knows...but it was funny, one way or the other!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: