Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM

386 posts, read 872,211 times

Advertisements

OP, it's honestly so easy to get pot in this state. If I was sick and needed marijuana to help with my treatment, I'd just take a cruise to literally anywhere, be it a city, a suburb, or a rural area, because it would be cheaper, easier to get, and strong enough to work. I wouldn't bother with the legal route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
They have pills with THC in them for nausea but they are not nearly as effective as actually smoking marijuana.

I actually don't understand why they don't just have it as a pharmaceutical drug either. Sure there will still be people who manage to get prescriptions who don't really need it but that's true of many controlled substances. At least the people who really need it would have access to it without creating the problems of a marijuana only store.
its probably because there are more effective pharmaceuticals available. people just pretend marijuana is so wonderful because its illegal and they want to get high. i doubt its really any "better" than the many other drugs out there.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its probably because there are more effective pharmaceuticals available. people just pretend marijuana is so wonderful because its illegal and they want to get high. i doubt its really any "better" than the many other drugs out there.
Time poll 25% of Americans say they are on chronic pain. So Docs & Big Pharma can't help all. I have about 20 medical problems and get little relief from Docs & Big Pharma. So should I just kill myself so I don't break a law created by hateful liars wanting more riches?

You say people just pretend "marijuana" (cannabis/hemp) is so wonderful because it's illegal, as if nobody would use it if it were legal?

What do you think getting "high" means? If it means mood elevation, would that be bad for people that are without it so depressed that they think about or try & maybe succeed at suicide? 26% of those who say they use it for medical purposes say they use it to treat depression, which causes about 31,000 suicides annually in USA.

As far as more effective pharmaceuticals, some of the anti-depressants are more likely to cause suicide, Big Pharma has even admitted this.

Our drug laws are not based on medical facts, "common" sense, or what used to be our Constitutional rights. Remember, cannabis is rated 1/5th as addicting as tobacco (nicotine) 1/4th as addicting as alcohol, 1/3rd as addicting as caffeine. Also, 2,000 mg of caffeine is fatal; 60-80mg of nicotine is fatal; 0.4-0.5% B.A.C. is fatal. There is no chance of a person getting a fatal OD of cannabis.

Our govt is world's biggest illegal drugs dealer, multiple sources, ministers to ex-narcs: check out Law Enforcement Against Prohibition & their related sites.

Cannabis has been proven to not kill, regardless of frequency & length of use, & doesn't cause illness, or brain damage. Any significant effect is a few hours at most.

Alcohol & pills each kill maybe 125,000 Americans a year, 200,000+ for tobacco & even more for food.

Gary Johnson Libertarian Presidential candidate fell 50', with broken bones in back, rib, leg. He chose to manage pain for 3 years using cannabis illicitly, rather than risk permanent damage from operation, or opiate addiction. Did he just want to get high for 3 years? Why did he then quit?

If you doubt it's any better than prescription pills, check out the 126 medical uses at rxmarijuana.com/ Granny Storm Crow's list, & Wikipedia. Best wishes!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Quote:
isnt it kind of silly to pretend marijuana is useful for medicinal purposes? i understand its just a technique to give people access to it and maybe future legalization but then you have to taking about "sick patients" needing it and thats being dishonest. im fine with legalization for recreational purposes and i can be honest about it.
I believe many need it & some just want it. But it makes people feel better or they don't try it again. It should be legalized for all. Most medical programs don't allow it for every condition that can be helped. The politicians & police are rarely if ever medical experts. So we shouldn't force them to make medical decisions. Legalize it for all & divide the profits between the special interest groups.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Cannabis has been around for many years. If it is so useful for medical purposes, than why havent big pharma jumped on it when there was no such thing as an illegal substance. Remember we used to be able to buy heroin and cocaine on the sears catalog plus the needles too. This is of course way back when medical science was not that advanced. And I thought it will eventually do brain damage.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 AM

910 posts, read 753,629 times
Store front pot in my state of NJ? OVER MY DEAD BODY. What kind of an example is that for the children? Personally I'm very much against "medical marijuana" of any sort. A lot of pot smokers are "undesirable" types and pot is a gateway to dangerous hard drugs.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
Quote:
One problem encountered by many using the pill of THC is the inability to keep the pill down, a huge problem for thouse undergoing chemo. I know thc has also shown to be very helpful in the slowing down of glucomoa (sp) and retintispigmtosia (soory really know clue on how to spell that condition but it is where all preferial vision is lost over time until only pinpoint vision is left and eventually complete blindness.

Oh,,,I must try and get so sleep my typing and spelling are worse off than usual...

Old 02-21-2013, 05:34 AM

386 posts, read 872,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Store front pot in my state of NJ? OVER MY DEAD BODY. What kind of an example is that for the children? Personally I'm very much against "medical marijuana" of any sort. A lot of pot smokers are "undesirable" types and pot is a gateway to dangerous hard drugs.
Actually, opiate abuse is more harmful and common now than marijuana use. Marijuana is generally recognized as safer and less dependancy forming than a vast lot of legal drugs. Also the "gateway drug" nonsense has been disproven a long time ago.

But hey, for the children, right?

Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM

990 posts, read 2,557,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
NJ made it so that you're basically dying before you can get it. It also makes it difficult for doctors to have license to prescribe. Even if you do get it, the THC is so low, I don't know who it can help the sickest patients. Yet, opiates are prescribed, and livers are dying....
I swear I'd move to Cali of it wasn't so far from my family.

The problem that comes is the fact that New Jersey basically legalized "Medical Marijuana" not "Pot".

If it is to be available as a "pharmaceutical" then it should be dosed and controlled in the rate of consumption and the strength of the "medicine".

What many are looking for is a "wink..wink..nod...nod", access to recreational drugs.

Consider...Morphine is without doubt an effective and potent pharmaceutical in the control of pain.

A patient in need is prescribed a particular strength of pill, along with a dosing schedule to prevent the over medication of the patient.

Now, take that same Morphine and hand it to an addict on the street....he is going to slam as much as he can get into his veins to achieve his desired effect...THE HIGH.

Sooo, the threshold question becomes did we legalize a recreational drug.... or Medicine.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
The problem that comes is the fact that New Jersey basically legalized "Medical Marijuana" not "Pot".

If it is to be available as a "pharmaceutical" then it should be dosed and controlled in the rate of consumption and the strength of the "medicine".

What many are looking for is a "wink..wink..nod...nod", access to recreational drugs.

Consider...Morphine is without doubt an effective and potent pharmaceutical in the control of pain.

A patient in need is prescribed a particular strength of pill, along with a dosing schedule to prevent the over medication of the patient.

Now, take that same Morphine and hand it to an addict on the street....he is going to slam as much as he can get into his veins to achieve his desired effect...THE HIGH.

Sooo, the threshold question becomes did we legalize a recreational drug.... or Medicine.
Morphine kills if you OD. Cannabis has NEVER killed anyone. Also, I've had morphine after surgery because the doctor said my pain was to intense it caused blood pressure rise. Morphine made me sick, and gave me sever breathing problems. All the other opiates did the same but at lesser degree than morphine. I caught a contact when visiting family in medical marijuana state, and it not only took away my pain, but I had NONE of the side-effects with the opiates. Its medicine, science proves it and its opponents have no sound proof for outlawing it. Alcohol is far more dangerous.
Cannabis was outlawed due to corporate greed and racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey