Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times

Advertisements

How has medical marijuana doing in NJ? Is there a new industry growing around it? Is it accessible for most people if they want it?

In SoCal, it is pretty easy to get a card. I went to Venice Beach in LA County, and talked to the dispensary doctor, and you can say you are depressed, and they give you a card, and a free kit. That seems pretty easy. There were also a few dispensary along that little strip. Looks like the industry is going strong down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM

908 posts, read 1,556,324 times
NJ made it so that you're basically dying before you can get it. It also makes it difficult for doctors to have license to prescribe. Even if you do get it, the THC is so low, I don't know who it can help the sickest patients. Yet, opiates are prescribed, and livers are dying....
I swear I'd move to Cali of it wasn't so far from my family.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Thank you, that is what I wanted to know. Or if anyone else can add, would be great.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Thank you, that is what I wanted to know. Or if anyone else can add, would be great.
NP. I think if a democrat wins the next election, the rules might loosen a bit to help more patients. At least I hope. Honestly, I think Christie would have done it but the pressure from his party is keeping him from doing many things. Delaware accepts other states' ID.
Here's more info. on medical marijuana states.
18 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,526,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
NP. I think if a democrat wins the next election, the rules might loosen a bit to help more patients. At least I hope. Honestly, I think Christie would have done it but the pressure from his party is keeping him from doing many things. Delaware accepts other states' ID.
Here's more info. on medical marijuana states.
18 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
Nah both the dems and the repubs are both pretty much against storefront pot in NJ. It comes down to social values and the west coast is far more laid back than the east coast. Unfortunately NJ isn't ready for this motive yet.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
Storefront pot, yes back in the "old days" NYC had stores such as Jamaican stores where they sold the stuff over the counter, even stamped the bag with their store brand.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM

I don't think store front pot is what NJ needs, but easier access to patients, yes. You can get far more dangerous drugs, even for children, with a prescription. In Pa, sudafed and similar drugs which can be bought over the counter anywhere are not only more dangerous than cannabis, but they are used for making meth. I'm telling you those meth faces on youtube are NO JOKE! There's an 18 yr old meth head on my street right now that looks like she's in her mid-late 40's! So how can the government justify criminalizing cannabis, and labeling is a dangerous narcotic? Well here's what convinced congress.

Its an outdated law with it's roots in racism, that needs to be abolished.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,152,682 times
Marijuana in Montclair

New Jersey's lone marijuana dispensary overwhelmed with requests - NorthJersey.com

Can the First Dispensary in New Jersey handle it?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Wow, so a sick a patient, and under NJ's restrictions, you have to be near death practically to get a cannabis script, from anywhere in the state would have to drive all the way up to Montclair for some relief. The trip alone can cause serious damage to patients' health. How sad that compassion for the sick is not on the list of things to do for our politicians.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,079,510 times
If pot is legalized like it is in other states, can employers test you for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey